10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 332 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 80 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EB609C9F-4168-4E65-8342-A85BC3F8D2ED (resized).png
    index (resized).jpg
    7AE14CFE-4841-4471-AA3D-3F49CEAD972E (resized).jpeg
    623543BF-EBC9-4ED0-90C1-29D0042E9994 (resized).jpeg
    36E656FC-38E3-4133-9295-C6255AD2772B (resized).jpeg
    5BEED3F3-5B6F-463B-BF92-E9FDDF016FF2 (resized).jpeg
    3CD5166E-9E78-43A4-B892-D860255547E3 (resized).jpeg
    050A5A9F-2391-43BF-886B-32287C16337D (resized).jpeg
    20180601_082153 (resized).jpg
    ED206FF2-3695-4B3B-A3B8-7A8674EC3473 (resized).jpeg
    829462600104-1 (resized).jpg
    9CD23A09-8DF0-4724-980B-437D16B59209 (resized).jpeg
    E3AE76F5-81F4-442F-A8D6-15AB32C9847E (resized).jpeg
    EE448B30-C6BF-4ED1-855D-D136B1957574 (resized).jpeg
    D3CE91A1-1977-4675-9AA3-9454C0CFD1B0 (resized).jpeg
    zzzzzzz coke-life-label (resized).jpg

There are 332 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 10 months ago

The white castle near the allentown show has the impossible burgers going to give them a try this weekend. Never been to white castle before.

#202 10 months ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

The white castle near the allentown show has the impossible burgers going to give them a try this weekend. Never been to white castle before.

Oh that's cool...I knew that some White Castle's were using Dr. Praeggers veggie burgers for a while - I wanted to try it but didn't get the chance. I wonder if the Vegas White Castle will have Impossible. Next time I'm there, I'll definitely have to try it. I haven't had White Castle since I was a kid...that would be fun.

#203 10 months ago

Aren't vegetables fertilized with cow manure?

#204 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Chicken manure, although more pricey, produces better results.

#205 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Chicken manure, although more pricey, produces better results.

I though you just peed on your avocado trees. You got chickens in the mix as well?

#206 10 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I though you just peed on your avocado trees.

You gotta stop listening to rotordave. He can't even see my screen door in his way as he is exiting the house.

I take great pride in my avocados and other food plants and only use the best quality chicken shit I can find.

#207 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

...which is made from grass! NOM NOM NOM!

#208 10 months ago

There is nothing we can't learn on this forum. Now we know the true life cycle of grass.

download (1) (resized).jpg

#209 10 months ago

Of course, the week where I say “I’m gonna avoid sugar”, I see this and I can’t help myself. Glarghghgh....

8BBD51FE-475A-4153-9DD7-7786A206CBB9 (resized).jpeg

#210 10 months ago

Trying to avoid fructose and corn syrup isn't too bad these days. Trying to avoid sugar is very difficult.

#211 10 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Trying to avoid fructose and corn syrup isn't too bad these days. Trying to avoid sugar is very difficult.

They're all shit that they sneak into foods everywhere. The fake sweeteners are even worse. And for a guy with a sweet tooth I'm not sure how I could survive without Stevia.

Rarehero: Why can't they make those alternative ice creams with Stevia? I've been asking at the health food stores for years now and all they tell me is, Hey, that's a good idea.

#212 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Why can't they make those alternative ice creams with Stevia?

They're out there. Here's one example ...

https://winkfrozendesserts.com/

Wink (resized).png

#213 10 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

They're out there. Here's one example ...
    https://winkfrozendesserts.com/

Thanks but none of those are in my area and doing mail order for an impulse craving is a buzzkill.

#214 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

They're all shit that they sneak into foods everywhere. The fake sweeteners are even worse. And for a guy with a sweet tooth I'm not sure how I could survive without Stevia.
    Rarehero: Why can't they make those alternative ice creams with Stevia? I've been asking at the health food stores for years now and all they tell me is, Hey, that's a good idea.

I think Halo Top is made with Stevia? However, it tastes like band-aids and sand, so I can’t recommend it.

#215 10 months ago

These are the favorites in my house for butter, cheese and ice cream alternatives.
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#216 10 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Halo Top is made with Stevia? However, it tastes like band-aids and sand, so I can’t recommend it.

Bummer. But you saved me money because I was going to give Halo Top a try.

The Ben & Jerry's Caramel Almond Brittle is still the best vegan ice cream I have tasted by far, but it's loaded with sugar and I feel like crap after eating too much of it.

Messages Image(3626853633) (resized).png

#217 10 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Halo Top is friggin expensive and actually contains a lot of air. I like the low-calorie Publix brand ice creams. They still come in a full-size tub and have the taste and texture of regular ice cream.

#218 10 months ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Bummer. But you saved me money because I was going to give Halo Top a try.
    The Ben & Jerry's Caramel Almond Brittle is still the best vegan ice cream I have tasted by far, but it's loaded with sugar and I feel like crap after eating too much of it.

Agreed, that stuff is great but I wish B&J would dial the sugar down a bit. It doesn’t need that much.

#219 10 months ago

The cashew ice cream is also loaded with sugar, but it tastes just as good as the real thing.

Remember that just because something is labled vegan, doesn't mean it's healthy. I would personally stay away from that Earth Balance line. The "natural flavor" ingredient has given rise to it being a margarine derivative.

#220 10 months ago

IMO when you make food that looks like other food then you dont really like your food.

Fake cheese
    Fake milk
    Fake meat

You wont see me making fake brocolli. I will just buy real brocolli. No deception or emulation occurs in my kitchen.

It's sorta like kicking herion to live on methadone.

Now excuse me while I give my wife a makeover to look more like my ex.

#221 10 months ago

I prefer this B&J one. image (resized).jpg

#222 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Fake cheese
    Fake milk
    Fake meat

My wife and daughter can’t do dairy. But they love a good steak.

#223 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

IMO when you make food that looks like other food then you dont really like your food.
    Fake cheese
    Fake milk
    Fake meat

I love food. Too much. I'm a fat vegan. Most people who go vegetarian or vegan didn't start that way...so having plant based versions of stuff you grew up with is nice...you can have similar tastes and textures without eating the thing you don't want to eat.

It's only "fake" in the sense that it's not made with the traditional ingredient...but they're still very much REAL food made from (usually) natural ingredients.

I mean, what makes butter butter? Fat, protein, salt, cultures? The fat/protein come from an animal.

Here's what vegan butter is made from: Organic Coconut Oil, Filtered Water, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Cashews, Organic Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, Cultures.

Basically the same thing...just with plant based fat/protein. Hardly "fake".

MiyokoButterNewLG (resized).jpg

#224 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Fake cheese
    Fake milk
    Fake meat
    You wont see me making fake brocolli. I will just buy real brocolli. No deception or emulation occurs in my kitchen.

Messages Image(770860269) (resized).png

#225 10 months ago

My wife has been lacto-ovum vegetarian since 6 years old (now 34 and removed milk from her diet as well) and when we go to the doctor for annual checkups her lab results are that she's in amazing health.

The same doc told me I was going to be the guy who has his first stroke by 50. So I quit drinking pop/soda, cut back on sugar in general and now eat a mostly plant based diet (I eat meat only once every few days) and this year my results were great and he no longer thinks I'm at significant health risk.

I used to hate that my wife didn't eat meat but over years of learning how to prepare great vegetarian/vegan food, I don't know why I ever made a fuss. I still like meat but everyday and every meal had to go.

This thread is good, alot of good info and someone along the way made the comment that if this thread helped 1 person change their diet it would be worth it and I couldn't agree more.

#226 10 months ago

My food mos def looks like an animal to me tho.

(you wont find frozen chicken patties in my fridge)

Also, there will be a Tron Premium VE someday

smoked-lake-trout-4 (resized).jpg
    pig-22-630x407 (resized).jpg
    james-martin-spatchcock-chicken-recipe__square (resized).jpg
    Lobster_in_Boston (resized).jpg
    f7390eec1ae84db6b50910d9cac55b6b (resized).jpg

#227 10 months ago

I picked this stuff up at king Soopers in their vegan section

Pretty similar consistentcy and texture as mayo/mircale whip. Not quite as tangy, but not too bad. attached is the back of a mayo label i googled as well

20180508_122225 (resized).jpg
    20180508_122249 (resized).jpg

Here is the back label of some mayo i googled to check the difference

20140712sa-kraft-real-mayo-squeeze-bottle-back-1536x2048 (resized).jpg

#228 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Corpse of an animal, maybe.

hobased_2249_154705749 (resized).jpeg

#229 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

(you wont find frozen chicken patties in my fridge)
    Also, there will be a Tron Premium VE someday

I'll be honest, those pics would have grossed me out even when I did eat meat.

#230 10 months ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

The same doc told me I was going to be the guy who has his first stroke by 50. So I quit drinking pop/soda, cut back on sugar in general and now eat a mostly plant based diet (I eat meat only once every few days) and this year my results were great and he no longer thinks I'm at significant health risk.

Congrats! Great story.

#231 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Fake cheese
    Fake milk
    Fake meat

Well, if you want to talk about food deception, would you like to eat some beef, pork and venison? Or would you rather eat some dead cow, dead pig, and dead dear?

For desert we are serving sweet bread. Or if you prefer, thymus gland and pancreas.

#232 10 months ago

Ugh, food label deception, a pet peeve of mine.

Coca Cola came out with a cola and the front label read in bold letters: NOW MADE with STEVIA!!

Food companies are required to list ingredients on the back label, in sequential order, from the most significant amounts first, to the least. That cola is made with the usual crap and they likely had a Stevia leprechaun fly over the batch.
    It must of had an insignificant amount for advertising purposes and the Stevia would have been way overshadowed by the sugar, which is the second ingredient listed after the water.

FYI and I think this is important. Just because some products are sold at Whole Foods or any health food store, do not assume it's all desirable ingredients for whatever your diet is. I saw a weightlifter protein at Vitamin Cottage that was loaded with high fructose corn syrup.

Its a real education once you begin reading those labels.

zzzzzzz coke-life-label (resized).jpg

#233 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Coca Cola came out with a cola and the front label read in bold letters: NOW MADE with STEVIA!!
    Food companies are required to list ingredients on the back label, in sequential order, from the most significant amounts first, to the least. That cola is made with the usual crap and they likely had a Stevia leprechaun fly over the batch.
    It must of had an insignificant amount for advertising purposes and the Stevia would have been way overshadowed by the sugar, which is the second ingredient listed after the water.
    FYI and I think this is important. Just because some products are sold at Whole Foods or any health food store, do not assume it's all desirable ingredients for whatever your diet is. I saw a weightlifter protein at Vitamin Cottage that was loaded with high fructose corn syrup.

what i love about labels is almost everything includes "natural ingredients/flavoring", like really?? Natural ingredients could be anything; could be arsenic, could be mercury, could be human brains lol.

#234 10 months ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

what i love about labels is almost everything includes "natural ingredients/flavoring", like really?? Natural ingredients could be anything; could be arsenic, could be mercury, could be human brains lol.

Agreed. That is a loophole. I literally try and not eat anything with ingredients I don't know what they are.

#235 10 months ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

It could be -

#236 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Labels are very important! Better yet focus on whole foods then you don't need to worry about the ingredients. FYI Coke is testing a 100% stevia sweetened drink in New Zealand right now. It just came out this week and I haven't had a chance to try it yet but hope to do so soon.

#237 10 months ago

Once again, The Onion nails it. Most restaurants have lousy vegetarian options.

D3CE91A1-1977-4675-9AA3-9454C0CFD1B0 (resized).jpeg

#238 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

What about people that have no bloody choice due to food allergies? I guess they just "don't like it" and shouldn't be able to experience even a crap facsimile of what everyone else gets access to, much less anything actually GOOD. Guess I'll go let my kid know that from now on, because PW79 says so, he can only eat meat and oatmeal, and that he better STFU with that crying shit when everyone else is eating all the things he can't.

OH LOOK I CAN DO RIDICULOUS TROLL HYPERBOLE TOO

#239 10 months ago

Frax

You need to get out more if you're offended

My wife has food allergies too. This is not an allergy thread however. If you like I can start one?

#240 10 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, if you want to talk about food deception, would you like to eat some beef, pork and venison? Or would you rather eat some dead cow, dead pig, and dead dear?
    For desert we are serving sweet bread. Or if you prefer, thymus gland and pancreas.

Stop it already, you're making me hungry

#241 10 months ago

How can you be a fat Vegan?

#242 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Frax
    You need to get out more if you're offended
    My wife has food allergies too. This is not an allergy thread however. If you like I can start one?

Whatever. Nice backpedal.

Quoted from iceman44:

How can you be a fat Vegan?

Lots of soybean oil?

#243 10 months ago

Sorry I upset you Frax

My humor & personality is just a bit too dry for the internet. I can see how it's easy to read undertones that arent really there & such.

Meat is still delicious AF tho

#244 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

My humor & personality is just a bit too dry

Try marinating yourself in BBQ sauce and trap those juices.

#245 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Sorry I upset you Frax
    My humor & personality is just a bit too dry for the internet. I can see how it's easy to read undertones that arent really there & such.
    Meat is still delicious AF tho

Why are you in this thread still? Go be purposefully inflammatory in the alien thread with the rest of pinside's shit posters.

#246 10 months ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Why are you in this thread still? Go be purposefully inflammatory in the alien thread with the rest of pinside's shit posters.

This half ass thread was opened as a joke from OT comments in another thread. I really don't think it's a legit vegan safe place "club" thread but clearly you do.

Why are either of us in a vegetable thread on a pinball forum making shit posts?

#247 10 months ago

Vegetarian shit posts have more fiber.

#248 10 months ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Go be purposefully inflammatory in the alien thread with the rest of pinside's shit posters.

Nice.

#249 10 months ago
    Quoted from PW79:

This half ass thread was opened as a joke from OT comments in another thread. I really don't think it's a legit vegan safe place "club" thread but clearly you do.
    Why are either of us in a vegetable thread on a pinball forum making shit posts?

It sure was...cracks me up that it’s still popping up...my next half ass thread planned is “who owns their own bubble machine”

EE448B30-C6BF-4ED1-855D-D136B1957574 (resized).jpeg

#250 10 months ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It sure was...cracks me up that it’s still popping up...my next half ass thread planned is “who owns their own bubble machine”

This thread has me questioning reality now.

At first I thought everyone knew it was bogus.

I even threw in jokes about my ex, who doesnt exist (never been divorced) & a Tron VE for old times sake (RobT).

Eventually it went full Lord of the Flies & became real AF to some.

Or did it? Maybe Fraxx is eating a chuck roast & laughing at me this whole time?

I cant tell

It's like that movie "Inception"

Burgers made from vegetables. Vegan threads for carnivores. I just cannot tell what is real anymore

Or is it real & I've been manipulated into thinking it's a fake topic?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 12.95
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 28.95
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 64.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 332 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside