(Topic ID: 70565)

A Truly Great Product! P21S WAX! A NEW STANDARD!

By OLDPINGUY

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zene10
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P21S100CarnWxBx2013dHR.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Greetings Guys!

Alex, in a post about waxing your WOZ, had recommended this wax, and I happened to be out...so why not try?
    What I received blew me away! It is light years ahead of anything I have ever used.
    Easy on, No white residue...5 Minute Job!!

They also make the only 100% Carnuaba Wax product!!

(PLEASE Read with caution, this is the manufacturers claim, not personally tested by me or chemically analyzed for its 100% content. As others in this thread have pointed out there are others claiming 100%, this merely is my opinion, following my use, and referral from Alex. It is not intended to do any more then share my opinion, and apologies if I have offended anyone with my opinion.)

Both simply are amazing!!!

When you need to wax, just get this, it will save you time, headaches on cleanup,
    and do the most superior job!

From the manufacturer:

http://www.p21s.com/

Art. No. 12701W - 100% Carnauba Advantages

--100% Carnauba used as raw wax. (Highest achievable level) No other wax types are used to “fill out” the blend. This wax is aimed at car owners who seek the very best wax available, recognizing the value of having the maximum amount of the world’s most respected wax available to them.
    --Extremely high total wax content.
    --Absolutely abrasive free so safe for modern water based, ceramic and nano technology paint systems.
    --Contains no perfumes, dyes
    --Genuine #1 grade Carnauba only
    --Does not powder on rub out
    --Does not stain plastics or rubbers once cured
    --exceeds the strictest emission standards (VOC)
    --easy to rub out even in extremely hot and humid climate conditions
    --offers the kind of longevity, weather, scuff, and detergent resistance only a pure carnauba wax system can provide.
    --unique ergonometric applicator reduces the workload of waxing multiple vehicles.
    --Thin film application technology enables one jar to cover many vehicles (10+)

WEB, AMAZON, EBAY, easy to find, there are also smaller 2 oz jars available.

P21S100CarnWxBx2013dHR.jpgP21S100CarnWxBx2013dHR.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Yes, we have a new euphemism, "Waxing Your WOZ!"

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They also make the ONLY 100% Carnuaba Wax product!!

Definitely not true.

It's a very, very nice wax though. Unfortunately, durability isn't particularly good. But it is so easy to use, that isn't really that big of an issue.

#4 10 years ago

My apologies then, Rob, I am following the manufacturers literature, and write ups.....
    http://www.autogeek.net/p21s-100--carnauba-wax.html
    Do you have another one to share?

#5 10 years ago

There was a huge thread on wax like a year or so ago...just forum search it..shouldn't be hard to find..

Just type in "collinite wax playfield" and it will probably come up lol.

#6 10 years ago

100% carnauba is deceptive.

If it really was 100% carnauba, you could not spread it on, because carnauba is hard as a rock.

Scammy as hell.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My apologies then, Rob, I am following the manufacturers literature, and write ups.....
    http://www.autogeek.net/p21s-100--carnauba-wax.html
    Do you have another one to share?

there are any number of products that are 100% carnauba wax... the only thing that means is that the "wax content" is all carnauba... they ALL have various other "stuff" in it, as carnauba is completely unworkable and VERY hard, and would scratch the living hell out of anything you tried to "wax" with it...

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

100% carnauba is deceptive.
    If it really was 100% carnauba, you could not spread it on, because carnauba is hard as a rock.
    Scammy as hell.

Quoted from ccotenj:

there are any number of products that are 100% carnauba wax... the only thing that means is that the "wax content" is all carnauba... they ALL have various other "stuff" in it, as carnauba is completely unworkable and VERY hard, and would scratch the living hell out of anything you tried to "wax" with it...

Exactly.

#9 10 years ago

I'll take the advice and give it a try. thanks

1 year later
    #10 9 years ago

I realize this is an old thread but just a follow up. I did a lot of research and several auto forums and sites state that P21S is marketed for sports cars and high end German cars. The same maker also makes a product called S100 which many think is the same product just marketed to motorcycle enthusiasts and costs less. Anyway I found S100 at a local Harley dealer and tried it recently on WOZ and my 3 other pins and found it easy to apply and buff. It did the best job of any wax (better than Novus, Mothers, Meguiar's, or other past wax I've tried on making my Woz playfield look shiny and getting ball marks off. I'm not sure I see any real difference in my Maverick, MM, or Pinball Magic although all do play fast but I don't know how long that will last versus the other waxes I've tried.

1 year later
    #11 7 years ago

Finally bit the bullet and got p21s....all I can say is Wow! Wish I didn't wait so long the stuff is awesome!!!!

#12 7 years ago

Been using it on all my machines for some time now.....seems to work well.....

#13 7 years ago

Been useing it to seems nice to me curious if anyone used there higher priced version?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I realize this is an old thread but just a follow up. I did a lot of research and several auto forums and sites state that P21S is marketed for sports cars and high end German cars. The same maker also makes a product called S100 which many think is the same product just marketed to motorcycle enthusiasts and costs less. Anyway I found S100 at a local Harley dealer and tried it recently on WOZ and my 3 other pins and found it easy to apply and buff. It did the best job of any wax (better than Novus, Mothers, Meguiar's, or other past wax I've tried on making my Woz playfield look shiny and getting ball marks off. I'm not sure I see any real difference in my Maverick, MM, or Pinball Magic although all do play fast but I don't know how long that will last versus the other waxes I've tried.

After lurking on vid1900 thread about wax I decided to try the S100.

I've been using S100 on my SMVE. Like P21S it is a blend of beeswax and carnauba. From my research I also speculate it is the same or extremely similar formulation to the higher priced P21S. I could not locate a MSDS for S100 to compare.

It does go on easy, leaves no residue on plastics or rubber (if wiped off) and produces a fast play field. The balls seem to defy the laws of physics at times. Balls leaving the shooter lane sometimes go airborn.

I question the durability though. After about 50 plays the play field surface needs re-waxed. Like another post here, it is really no problem because it is so easy to use.

Unfortuneatly, I have not used another wax so I can't compare. Overall the S100 suits my needs. I may pick up another brand at some point to compare but I'd rather play spidey than spend more time researching wax.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-truly-great-product-p21s-wax-a-new-standard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.