A True Keeper

By Dellamarmalade

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just wondering, what pinball machines that you would never sell and rather just hold on to? Everyone seems to always want to unload some of their pins but what in your collection will stay put.

#2 9 years ago

What makes a game a true keeper for some people anyway ?

#3 9 years ago

First real love, often. I liked pinball since I was a child, locally I played Joker Poker and OXO at a pool hall. Then the laundromat got a Gorgar and an 8 ball Deluxe... played the shit out of those too. Gorgar taught me rulesets at 12 years old. Firepower at the bowling alley... I took a serious shine to pins at that point. 7-11 got a Sorcerer. OMG! I get this! My high scores are all over these machines. Then came the video game boom. I largely ignored pinball for like 7 years. One day at my local mini golf facility, I spied an Earthshaker right next to a Whirlwind. Dropped my quarters into WW and I was forever back. I own Whirlwind now, and it's a keeper. I credit it for re-kindling my love for the marriage of electronics, physics and engineering that is pinball.

Edit: I should copy this into my bio, I think I finally just wrote it

#4 9 years ago

A true keeper is a pin you may ignore for a few days or weeks, but come back to eventually.
In my current lineup those are Spectrum and WPT.
Got my spectrum for 2 years now, still love it. It has sentimental value as this was my first pin - even if I started playing pinball 40 years ago!
Got my WPT for a year - still lovin' its deep ruleset and never could approach the final mode (Keefer's invitational).

I have space for 7 pins, and a wishlist with 30+ pins. No wonder the others have to rotate.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I have space for 7 pins, and a wishlist with 30+ pins. No wonder the others have to rotate.

This is precisely me. Space for exactly 7, wishlist of over 30.

#6 9 years ago

For me anything I would sell off if I found a nicer example, or a better story to go along with the find.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from krazy53:

For me anything I would sell off if I found a nicer example

For me anything I would sell off if I found a nicer example,

Yes. This.
Terry.

#8 9 years ago

Being as how I only have 2 in the collection, probably will hang onto my Twister for a very long time. Especially after all the restoration and cleaning I'm currently in the process of doing and making it just how I want it.

#9 9 years ago

No such thing. I would sell any of my games for the right amount of money. Most others would too. Odd thing about this for me... The ones I got for free... just doesn't seem right to sell them.

#10 9 years ago

I haven't been on the pinball scene for too long but I've had a total of 20 machines. 7 currently. The keepers are bk2k and haunted house. I'll probably sell haunted house one day but I love bk2k so much that I bought the original bk to keep it company, also won't be selling my bk.

#11 9 years ago

I only have 3 machines as of now and weirdly enough can't get enough of them

#12 9 years ago

What is this "sell" you speak of?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-true-keeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.