Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180224-123955 (resized).png
    FullSizeRender(2) (resized).jpg
    514FDB23-7B8D-4C38-861E-9EB1840CB9D3 (resized).jpeg
    theylive (resized).jpg
    50 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Last week there was a sorcerer thread here where I overdid it with the smartass routine. I sincerely apologize to The Guru, we talked it out and we’ve come to an understanding, settled our differences, and we will soon be running through a field of daisies together. Apparently the Guru sold his game to a pinsider here at his asking price and all parties are happy.

Also, we’ve secured a Jackbot pinball machine for my friend in NYC who is dealing with a serious illness, and the Guru is making a $50 donation [edit- he sent 100!! Great!!] to help out with the purchase. He's a stand up dude and I regret pushing his buttons.

Pinside- truly a place that brings people together!

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Last week there was a sorcerer thread here where I overdid it with the smartass routine. I sincerely apologize to The Guru, we talked it out and we’ve come to an understanding, settled our differences, and we will soon be running through a field of daisies together. Apparently the Guru sold his game to a pinsider here at his asking price and all parties are happy.
    Also, we’ve secured a Jackbot pinball machine for my friend in NYC who is dealing with a serious illness, and the Guru is making a $50 donation to help out the purchase. He's a stand up dude and I regret pushing his buttons.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also, we’ve secured a Jackbot pinball machine for my friend in NYC who is dealing with a serious illness, and the Guru is making a $50 donation to help out the purchase. He's a stand up dude and I regret pushing his buttons.

50 (resized).JPG50 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

Feels like Kenada even more now that he's handing out $

#5 6 years ago

looks like i'm wasting yet another few hours, reading a closed sorcerer thread.

#6 6 years ago

This is a nice gesture.

I didn't really think you overdid it with the smartass routine for what it's worth, felt just about like an even keel to me.

#7 6 years ago

the 50 clams is in my account and I'm sending it to the guy who's dealing with all this stuff. Thanks Guru!

edit: he actually sent 100 bucks. Awesome!

#8 6 years ago

is this kind of like when 2 dudes beat the crap out of each other and then go have a beer together?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

is this kind of like when 2 dudes beat the crap out of each other and then go have a beer together?

theylive (resized).jpgtheylive (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

i think it's great y'all were able to peg out your differences

#12 6 years ago

So does that mean that CrazyLevi will have to shorten his name to just Levi?

#13 6 years ago

i dont like the polite side of crazy levi.

#14 6 years ago

So this is what happens when you live in a city of eight million people and have no real friends.

#15 6 years ago

This post is terrific and I admire people could admit fault and “shake hands”. Then I really admire getting a pinball machine to someone who really needs something in their life right now.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Last week there was a sorcerer thread here where I overdid it with the smartass routine.

Quoted from o-din:

So this is what happens when you live in a city of eight million people and have no real friends.

ouch

#17 6 years ago

There was no overdoing of anything on your part. That guy was an insufferable douchebag.

#18 6 years ago

Pinside is weird. I suggest that all the people who had beef on threads where a "hi my name is...." badge and meet up and some pinball festival or skype, facetime or something like that.

#19 6 years ago

In a few days, I will start a thread and apologize to Levi.

#20 6 years ago

LOL. Now that was funny.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

In a few days, I will start a thread and apologize to Levi.

Now thats some funny shit right there !

#22 6 years ago

I’m glad it all worked out but honestly that last thread was my favorite on pinside since waspinat0r left

#23 6 years ago

He was totally asking for it. And props to both of you on your generosity to your buddy. I’d be willing to contribute a little to your friends machine too as I feel pinball is good for the soul and a great distraction from whatever is ailing him/her.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also, we’ve secured a Jackbot pinball machine for my friend in NYC who is dealing with a serious illness, and the Guru is making a $50 donation [edit- he sent 100!! Great!!] to help out with the purchase. He's a stand up dude and I regret pushing his buttons.

That was one of the craziest shitshow threads in awhile. Very cool you guys worked it out. Kudos to the Guru for donating.....is there a place for others of us to donate for a good cause? I need some good karma....

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I remember my first run in with you where you tried to push my buttons to get a rise...called me “nuts”, so I responded back with a picture of nuts in the shape of a heart, to which you replied that I was being passive aggressive or something...still not giving into your mind games, I remember saying “me so sorry” While upvoting your insulting posts towards me...finally you gave up by slinging one last insult at me

I quickly realized that I was dealing with someone who wanted to pleasure himself by controlling my emotions and found it quite easy to disarm you...but this poor Guru guy fell for it, and while entertaining for most of us to watch, it was kind of painful to watch you twist this new member around your finger to the point where you told him how you now owned his thread...

Its just unfortunate that you were allowed to bring out the worst in that new member to the point where he seems to be regarded by the community now as an..

Quoted from pezpunk:

insufferable douchebag.

#26 6 years ago

Glad things got worked out. Sick of price policing. People dont like the price ? Then dont buy it ! (not saying that you price policed but thats what i think got that thread heated up ).

#27 6 years ago

Ha! He even left me a good review on yelp! Love this kid!

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Awww, thats soo cute, you found a new bff ....

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I remember my first run in with you where you tried to push my buttons to get a rise...called me “nuts”, so I responded back with a picture of nuts in the shape of a heart, to which you replied that I was being passive aggressive or something...still not giving into your mind games, I remember saying “me so sorry” While upvoting your insulting posts towards me...finally you gave up by slinging one last insult at me
    I quickly realized that I was dealing with someone who wanted to pleasure himself by controlling my emotions and found it quite easy to disarm you...but this poor Guru guy fell for it, and while entertaining for most of us to watch, it was kind of painful to watch you twist this new member around your finger to the point where you told him how you now owned his thread...
    Its just unfortunate that you were allowed to bring out the worst in that new member to the point where he seems to be regarded by the community now as an..

Ok. Well sorry. Really. It’s just my style sometimes.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Dude, there’s a reason he’s called CrazyLevi. Kinda like Bad Bad Leroy Brown, it’s kinda built into the name so you know what your dealing with.

#31 6 years ago

And so it begins again !

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Oh come on that’s ridiculous.

You ever notice most my posts are during the day? And everybody knows I have a beautiful girlfriend.

Just got back from seeing Udo with friends. I bet you like Accept!

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Totally out of line, o-din. New York has a population of 8.5 million.

#34 6 years ago

514FDB23-7B8D-4C38-861E-9EB1840CB9D3 (resized).jpeg514FDB23-7B8D-4C38-861E-9EB1840CB9D3 (resized).jpeg

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

wait a second! you have a yelp page?!? oh, boy!!!

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just got back from seeing Udo with friends. I bet you like Accept!

How is Udo sounding these days? Hopefully his set featured ‘Balls to the Wall’.

#37 6 years ago

In all seriousness, I think there is something to be learned here. As a newish member (coming up on one year), I am terrified about making a thread for a game I may want to sell. In my opinion, the for sale threads should be a place to ask and answer questions about a game or validate a seller. Instead, the mentioned Sorcerer thread turned into a bunch of guys bullying a newbie. Right or wrong, high price or low, he had a right to his opinion. I thought it was too high for the quality of game, so I saw it and passed. But I didn't feel the need to belittle the guy or call him names. I am appalled that the moderators didn't shut the thread down or expel Levi for leading it down the path it went. I would hate to have my for sale thread hijacked by people calling me names because they think I'm over pricing my game. But I am glad you guys worked it out. Just wished it wouldn't have gone so far.

#39 6 years ago

i took the liberty of leaving you a yelp review...

FullSizeRender(2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender(2) (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago

Yeah...but will I run off to Israel with all your cash like the real Crazy Eddie?!

Edit- I see you covered that lol

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

How is Udo sounding these days? Hopefully his set featured ‘Balls to the Wall’.

Like gravel in a blender, how he’s supposed
    To sound. Yeah your encore: fast as a shark and balls to the wall. It was great. My head hurts and I’m going back to sleep.

#41 6 years ago

It was the right thing to do, but I still don’t like the dude.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like gravel in a blender, how he’s supposed
    To sound. Yeah your encore: fast as a shark and balls to the wall. It was great. My head hurts and I’m going back to sleep.

Yep, gravel in a blender, classic Udo! Two of my favorite Accept songs for the encore, wish I was there.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

I am appalled that the moderators didn't shut the thread down or expel Levi for leading it down the path it went. I would hate to have my for sale thread hijacked by people calling me names because they think I'm over pricing my game

i was baffled by the trolling allowed with the lame meme after lame meme people were making. The kid had no chance after one of the moderators even jumped in on the price policing and said this pin would of been sold already if not outrageous price! Good ol'pinside.

Screenshot_20180224-123955 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180224-123955 (resized).png

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Yep, gravel in a blender, classic Udo! Two of my favorite Accept songs for the encore, wish I was there.

Saw Accept way back in the 80s. Cool band. Loved the album and song Metal Heart.

#45 6 years ago

He wasn't really price policed. He asked for input and got defensive when it was given to him.

I think the community was very reasonable -at first- and the OP escalated again and again and again.

At the very end he claimed to sell his pin on eBay and then edited his post to remove the reference when I called it out.

So I'm glad he donated to a worthy cause. But not trustworthy. Not nice. Not a stand up person.

Another Sorcerer is now for sale for $1599, with a playfield about as bad and possibly other issues with a bunch of "great price should sell fast" comments. The seller on that one simply posted the problems with the machine and didn't tangle with people.

#46 6 years ago

I didn't think Levi over did anything. The guru was abrasive and condescending to a community he knew nothing about right off the the bat. I felt like Levi was the guy keeping him in check, that's all. I'm glad they patched things up. Too bad the guru can't redeem himself and is not allowed back here. I'd like to hear from him after he cooled down.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

He wasn't really price policed. He asked for input and got defensive when it was given to him.
    I think the community was very reasonable -at first- and the OP escalated again and again and again.
    At the very end he claimed to sell his pin on eBay and then edited his post to remove the reference when I called it out.
    So I'm glad he donated to a worthy cause. But not trustworthy. Not nice. Not a stand up person.
    Another Sorcerer is now for sale for $1599, with a playfield about as bad and possibly other issues with a bunch of "great price should sell fast" comments. The seller on that one simply posted the problems with the machine and didn't tangle with people.

It was the OP and only OP spouting profanity and eventually melting down and slinging explicit and bizarrely specific homophobic insults.

Everyone else was talking about pinball machine prices.

#48 6 years ago

Might be time to close this one up

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Might be time to close this one up

Probably.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-truce-with-the-guru?hl=dngrwillrobinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.