12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I went up to the Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH today. I've been a few times. What a great place to play...I didn't count but they say they got 80 machines. I tried a few new ones. The ones that made a good impression was...

Banzai Run- anyone got one of these? How do you like it. I thought it was great. But I only played a few games.

Big Guns- It was really fun to play, great interactive back glass. Anyone got one of these and what do you think about it?

CV- I've been thinking about buying one so I went to play it a few times....I want to like it but I don't...Is CV a game that grows on you....It plays good. I like the way it looks.

#2 12 years ago

That sounds like a good time wesperron! I was able to play a few new ones (to me anyway) today-that you don't see on a regular basis.
    They were-
    Bally/Midway's "Special Force"
    DE's "Checkpoint"(Turbo Boost)
    Gottlieb "Shaq Attaq" (All kinds of WTF Pinball!)
    And the rest that I have grown to like; possibly own... Maybe.
    Bally's "Black Rose" (Very fun! Poor shape. Ball was SUPER magnetized!)
    DE's "Hook" (Great PF! Decent flow...)
    Williams "The Flintstones" (Also great PF- and pretty fun to play!)
    It is good to get out and explore new places!

#3 12 years ago

Whoa! A chance to get a New Hampshire location on my Maps? Thanks, wesperron!

Incidentally, your great "Pinball, How Do I Love Thee?" poem got lots of applause. I put it up on vpforums and the laughter went around the world.

Banzai Run - This is a good game, for all the toys and the backglass pin. Very popular choice in tourney play for those wanting an edge over the DMD crowd.

Big Guns - Williams went nuts with that game, and it's a classic! Somehow I think it was a precursor to Medieval Madness...

CV - Definitely one you have to learn to like, but also a very popular choice in SPL tourney play if available. (If you have to play Robert Gagno on this, you're hosed).

Now let's see what I can find out about this place...

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

Incidentally, your great "Pinball, How Do I Love Thee?" poem got lots of applause. I put it up on vpforums and the laughter went around the world.

Why thank you...Years of song writing has paid off. Maybe I'll put it to music...The Pinball Song.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

CV- I've been thinking about buying one so I went to play it a few times....I want to like it but I don't...Is CV a game that grows on you....It plays good. I like the way it looks.

I had a super Nice CV from Mike at GAP. I really liked the way it looked. The gameplay is just fun. The lights are what take you in along with the sound and the great placement of the DMD. All of those things add to a very unique feel of a game. The ramps are fantastic but, the best part (Ringmaster) actually got a little old because you have to hit him a ton. It is awesome but, I was able to let go as most of my games because I do not get too attached to any of them. Just my 2 cents.
    BUT<<<< an AWESOME wizard mode that is challenging.

#6 12 years ago

I will be glad to have WOZ and then I bet I won't miss CV at all....

#7 12 years ago

I'm gonna go back and play it a few more times but I've got my sights set on TAF. I played it again yesterday and it reminded me why I like it so much.

I also wanted to play Diner but half the lights were out...I played anyway but i shouldn't have, I couldn't see the ball.

I aslo played TOTAN because I was considering it as well...but after 1 ball lasted about 10 mins...it has dropped down my list.
    I like harder games. harder games draw me back to play. If I can make a ball last 10 mins after just a few plays, What will happen when I've owned it for a month?

When it's in your home...the harder the better.

#8 12 years ago

I hope WOZ is a really hard game. Short ball times. Very hard wizard mode. That would make me drool.
    Also I'm still waiting for JJ to stop saying "Next Year" when referring to when it's going to be done....I have a feeling he'll still be saying this at x-mas.

The way I see it he either has very little done or he wants to keep it under wraps so Stern won't steal ideas....but he may lose buyers in the process if that is the case....people are chomping at the bit as Stern gets ready to release Tron.

JJ needs something big....like what Flippers, and the DMD did to pinball. Something to make every pin made before obsolete. Or there will be two companies fighting for a diminishing market.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

I'm gonna go back and play it a few more times but I've got my sights set on TAF. I played it again yesterday and it reminded me why I like it so much.

Here is a guy wesperron locally in CA that put this up on my local CL... 5-1-11
    He wants $4200 but since I have never dealt with him personally. I am not an expert on his "Shopping" methods...

Bally Addams Family pinball machine for sale. Excellent condition.
    Loaded with mods including:
    Gold software roms.
    Uncle Fester with LED bulb in his mouth.
    Polar bear on main ramp.
    Bronze Knight.
    Bronze Train.
    Bronze Vault
    Bronze Phone
    Gold software roms.
    Also has:
    New clear main ramp.
    New cloud topper.
    No mansion wear.
    All GI's lights and insert lights have colored LED's installed and it looks really cool.
    There are 24 high resolution pictures of this machine on Ebay if you would like to see more of it.
    Please call or email me with any additional questions.

Other machines available.
    Free local delivery.

http://www.socalpinballs.com/
    Buy / Sell / Trade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-trip-to-pinball-wizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.