1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Yesh23
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I think it would be cool if there was a system in place that looked at your collection of games (maybe you have to mark games that are available for trade?) and then looks at your wishlist, takes those games and searches other Pinsiders' collections to see if there are any trade partner matches.

Boardgamegeek does something like this. You can mark your games as available for trade and you can mark games you don't have as want in trade. Then a simple search matches you with possible trade partners.

#2 1 year ago

A very interesting idea.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I think it would be cool if there was a system in place that looked at your collection of games (maybe you have to mark games that are available for trade?) and then looks at your wishlist, takes those games and searches other Pinsiders' collections to see if there are any trade partner matches.
    Boardgamegeek does something like this. You can mark your games as available for trade and you can mark games you don't have as want in trade. Then a simple search matches you with possible trade partners.

SteamTrade Matcher does this as well!! It’s very cool

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

SteamTrade Matcher does this as well!! It’s very cool

Yes it does. Great example!

1 year later
    #5 6 months ago

I was going to add a new feature request but it seems related enough to this one so I'll mention it here.

When you list a game for Trade, be forced to indicate a list of games you would trade for. Then being able to search for people looking for your trade game would give you immediate hits of what your possible trade options are. Right now with the market being so far down there are a lot more trades being proposed, however I'm finding it very difficult to find someone looking for my game that may also have a game for trade. It's a slow manual process that is quite painful.

#6 6 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Really good idea that I’d participate in. For me, proximity is an important feature. The costs, risks and uncertainty of shipping these days is a deterrent for me in making long distant trades. Reputation is key, but there’s quite a bit of newer owners that would participate increasing the chances of poor transactions due to damaged pins in transit. I don’t mean to dump on the idea, just sharing my considerations

#7 6 months ago

Amazing idea!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-trade-match-system-tied-to-pinsiders-collections-and-wishlists and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.