IMG_1451 (resized).JPG
IMG_1445 (resized).JPG
IMG_1450 (resized).JPG
IMG_1449 (resized).JPG
IMG_1443 (resized).JPG
IMG_1444 (resized).JPG
IMG_1442 (resized).JPG
IMG_1434 (resized).JPG
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

They broke the mold when they made Steve. He is an absolute asset to the pinball community and we are all better off because of that.

#52 7 years ago

My dad and I were lucky enough to get a tour last year.
I wish I would have been smart enough to take some pictures too.

Steve is a great guy, and I'm glad to have met him.

Thanks for the pictures!

Eric

#53 7 years ago

Thanks for posting John! Nice to put a face to someone that has helped me so much over the years.

#54 7 years ago

Oh man that is exactly as I hoped and imagined it would be. Love the no-frills machine shop. But those parts aisles are the bomb!

Just dim the lights a bit, give Steve a flowing beard, cue some whimsically spooky music, and you've got the pinball equivalent of the magic wand shop in the Harry Potter films...

...but Soup Nazi works too

(In good jest of course. Steve has been wonderfully helpful. I've yet to be initiated over the phone but have had great service via email).

#55 7 years ago

Looks just like I thought it would

#56 7 years ago

What Albert King said about the blues holds true for Steve Young:
"if you can't dig the blues (insert Steve Young), you got a hole in your soul"

#57 7 years ago

Steve is the best. Customer since 96. Love the pics. Makes me want to buy some parts.

#58 7 years ago

Thanks for posting. I had always wondered what their warehouse looked like.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If that's what it takes to get "quality" reproduction Williams and Bally parts like the Gottlieb parts that are available, then I'm all for it.

Try owning a Gottlieb system 3 like Stargate. Ramps, not available. Plastics, not available, playfields, not available. If Steve had the rights, you might have higher quality but WAY less quantity. Unless the parts are in the NOS for system 3, there aren't any new ones made for the most part...if it's broke, you're screwed.

I'm sure if you're talking about pre 1985 stuff, you're are correct, Steve is the king, but if you don't collect that stuff then Steve isn't really a primary source for me except for NOS system 3.

#60 7 years ago

I've had a few System 3s and found it was best to get one in good condition to start with. Steve did have quite a bit of parts when I did need them.

As far as older Bally or Williams, if it doesn't have a nice playfield, backglass, plastics, or even apron to start with, chances are you won't find these parts. And I've seen first hand what some of the what the few reproduction parts look like. I ended up with a backglass I wouldn't even hang on my wall.

#61 7 years ago

Just placed another order a few minutes ago. Been a devoted customer of his since 1996 and never looked any place else.
THANKS STEVE !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Try owning a Gottlieb system 3 like Stargate. Ramps, not available. Plastics, not available, playfields, not available. If Steve had the rights, you might have higher quality but WAY less quantity. Unless the parts are in the NOS for system 3, there aren't any new ones made for the most part...if it's broke, you're screwed.
I'm sure if you're talking about pre 1985 stuff, you're are correct, Steve is the king, but if you don't collect that stuff then Steve isn't really a primary source for me except for NOS system 3.

I've noticed System 3 NOS parts have been dwindling over the past few years, unfortunately. Once they're gone, that's probably going to be it for them unless someone takes the initiative to remake some things.

#63 7 years ago

Very cool. Reminds me of IPB before they sold out. They could have lived off that for years.

1 week later
#64 7 years ago

I just took delivery on my Frontier.
Nice to know how the parts were made & where they come from.

IMG_1489 (resized).JPGIMG_1489 (resized).JPG

#65 7 years ago

Just placed an order... but took two days to get a call through... phone's always busy.

I was glad I did call because he made several recommendations that I would not have gotten from a list-o-parts (so much knowledge)

Just curious, has anyone sent an email for an order before? Has Steve embraced email yet?
faz

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Just curious, has anyone sent an email for an order before? Has Steve embraced email yet?

Jimmy answers the Emails. Most times by the next morning, sometimes sooner. Make sure to include your account code and address.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Jimmy answers the Emails. Most times by the next morning, sometimes sooner. Make sure to include your account code and address.

They ask for more than that.

Read the instructions before emailing.
http://www.pbresource.com/how2ordr.html

I only call when I really need to, though I've always had a good experience talking to Steve on the phone. Emailing works great for me. Jimmy does a great job.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Just placed an order... but took two days to get a call through... phone's always busy.
I was glad I did call because he made several recommendations that I would not have gotten from a list-o-parts (so much knowledge)
faz

All the time!

#69 7 years ago

Thanks for the intel about email. I will probably give it a try for my next order.

Steve is the first 'parts' guy I dealt with as I entered the hobby. He's always been massively helpful and provided great products at a fair price. But there's just one of him and getting through on the phone reminds me of when I was trying to call in for Bowie tickets back in the mid 80's. Lots of 'redial'

faz

#70 7 years ago

I've found that if you call in an order to Steve later on in the week when the calls aren't so frequent, Steve will talk some "shop" with you about why Gottlieb did some of things the way they did, help troubleshoot a problem and even impart some Bally or Williams knowledge.

#71 7 years ago

Wow... Thanks for this thread.
It's really cool to finally put a face to that genius at the other end of the phone. Can't say enough about that operation.

#72 7 years ago

Cool thread, thanks for posting!

#73 7 years ago

Echoing what many others said, but yeah, awesome thread, it's always nice to see the behind the scenes and experience a major part of pinball history. Thanks and appreciations to Mr. Young as well.

2 weeks later
#74 7 years ago

So funny. He really is pinball's soup nazi!

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

So funny. He really is pinball's soup nazi!

I'm afraid to order now. He might of taken objection to my thread

#76 7 years ago

I've ordered a few times from Steve and have nothing but good things to say!
Awesome to see a peek from behind the scenes!
for some odd reason, it makes me feel good to see those pic's....

#77 7 years ago

Great thread!!!

#78 7 years ago

Sent an email on Monday to Jimmy to order a bunch of stuff. (Steve was on the phone all day giving advice...and getting through was impossible!) Shipped the parts Tuesday. Arrived today. My check will go out tomorrow. He'll get it by Saturday. Complete, easy, and wonderfully-priced transaction all completed within a week.

And I have to say: I LOVE the whole feel of the way business used to be, when you trusted your customers to pay after the product was delivered. This whole EM thing gives me the warm fuzzies...

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I'm afraid to order now. He might of taken objection to my thread

Don't worry...he probably didn't see it...

#80 7 years ago

Bought some stuff from steve today, he's a good dude. Pinball owners are lucky to have him in the biz

2 years later
#81 4 years ago

WOW! thanks for the "tour". As I said somewhere I've always wanted to physically vist the place and meet the man who has been absolutely critical when redoing these wedgies.
Where would we be if he decides he needs some retirement , I mean, we need him.
Even tho he probably would never see this thread I just want to say" THank you soo much, could never have done these games without your help!"

3 years later
#82 1 year ago

Bump…
Just cause Steve’s a national treasure

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Bump…
Just cause Steve’s a national treasure

Agreed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-tour-in-pictures-through-steve-youngs-pinball-resource/page/2?hl=rack-em-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.