IMG_1451 (resized).JPG
IMG_1445 (resized).JPG
IMG_1450 (resized).JPG
IMG_1449 (resized).JPG
IMG_1443 (resized).JPG
IMG_1444 (resized).JPG
IMG_1442 (resized).JPG
IMG_1434 (resized).JPG
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I was in Poughkeepsie NY this week and stopped in to say hi, give thanks and check out Steve's amazing warehouse. The scale of his operation can't be imagined or summed up through some pictures from my lousy phone, but know this: there's a place for everything and everything has its place.
He was very gracious and welcoming to me & my sons giving us the full tour and talking pinball. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Steve or wondered what goes on at his shop that keeps your pinball hobby alive, here we go...

IMG_1441 (resized).JPGIMG_1441 (resized).JPG

IMG_1448 (resized).JPGIMG_1448 (resized).JPG

IMG_1439 (resized).JPGIMG_1439 (resized).JPG

IMG_1438 (resized).JPGIMG_1438 (resized).JPG

IMG_1437 (resized).JPGIMG_1437 (resized).JPG

IMG_1436 (resized).JPGIMG_1436 (resized).JPG

IMG_1435 (resized).JPGIMG_1435 (resized).JPG

IMG_1434 (resized).JPGIMG_1434 (resized).JPG

IMG_1442 (resized).JPGIMG_1442 (resized).JPG

IMG_1444 (resized).JPGIMG_1444 (resized).JPG

IMG_1443 (resized).JPGIMG_1443 (resized).JPG

IMG_1449 (resized).JPGIMG_1449 (resized).JPG

IMG_1450 (resized).JPGIMG_1450 (resized).JPG

IMG_1445 (resized).JPGIMG_1445 (resized).JPG

IMG_1451 (resized).JPGIMG_1451 (resized).JPG

IMG_1452 (resized).JPGIMG_1452 (resized).JPG

IMG_1446 (resized).JPGIMG_1446 (resized).JPG

IMG_1447 (resized).JPGIMG_1447 (resized).JPG

IMG_1453 (resized).JPGIMG_1453 (resized).JPG

IMG_1454 (resized).JPGIMG_1454 (resized).JPG

IMG_1455 (resized).JPGIMG_1455 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Very cool. Thanks for posting. Love the Soup Nazi photo someone gave him.

#3 7 years ago

Very Cool ... Placing an order with them as I type.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Very cool. Thanks for posting. Love the Soup Nazi photo someone gave him.

Even my wife chuckled when she saw that picture.

#5 7 years ago

Some sweet woodrails he has there!!

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing the tour,very cool.
Mike

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing John!

#8 7 years ago

Been a happy customer of his for 20+ years. Thanks for posting.

#9 7 years ago

I don't get it, is the soup nazi his son? a cousin? his sponsor?

jk. it's a right of passage to get yelled at by steve. if you weren't yelled at, then you aren't doing something right the first time that you called. it kind of took me back to my childhood and all those times that my father would yell at me for doing something stupid

thanks for the photos, steve looks nothing like I expected (7'8" tall with huge arms ready to crush his customers' hopes and dreams for those that don't remember their customer no.

#10 7 years ago

Love it. Thanks for sharing this, John!

#11 7 years ago

Soup nazi

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it kind of took me back to my childhood

The pictures took me back to my childhood and the local hardware stores (before all the big box stores). You'd walk into the hardware store and, even as a kid, I'd have to turn sideways to make it through some of the aisles (I use that term loosely). Shelves upon shelves of parts, racks upon racks of odds and ends, tall metal lazy susans filled with nails sold by the pound. And always the one guy who knew where every part they had was located (as well as knowing the exact part needed to fix anything from a faucet to a go-kart). It's great having the HD's and Lowe's but, man, I do miss that 'atmosphere' some times.

#13 7 years ago

This Soup Nazi is something Steve Kulpa did years back, he had some signed "No Pinball For You!", but I couldn't say if this one was one of those for sure. Would make sense though

#14 7 years ago

Great photos...nice to have a visual of where all those parts come from. Thanks!

#15 7 years ago

I havent seen Steve in Person for over 30 years!

Immediately, I go, "shit, hes looking good, but gotten old!"

Then I look in the mirror....Yikes!

Thanks for the Pics, and to Steve, Thanks for being there all these years!!

Merry Christmas, and Good Health, Steve!

Now, whats that Part # ?!?

#16 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics.

#17 7 years ago

Thanks for the tour, John. I've been up there as well just because I like to pick up my parts in person and pick his brain...and because he doesn't yell as much in person.

It was great to see the office where the Otaku Fan Club is run out of.

#18 7 years ago

This is awesome, thank you for sharing!

I just got an order from him and actually wondered what his place looked like. Now I know

I miss that he is not at shows anymore. At least he is still doing his thing. Love ordering parts and getting them the next day.

Chris

#19 7 years ago

Great pics - thanks for taking the time to post 'em!

#20 7 years ago

The man is a treasure

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for the tour, John. I've been up there as well just because I like to pick up my parts in person and pick his brain...and because he doesn't yell as much in person.
It was great to see the office where the Otaku Fan Club is run out of.

Boob! Where you been? Missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

jk. it's a right of passage to get yelled at by steve. if you weren't yelled at, then you aren't doing something right the first time that you called. it kind of took me back to my childhood and all those times that my father would yell at me for doing something stupid
thanks for the photos, steve looks nothing like I expected (7'8" tall with huge arms ready to crush his customers' hopes and dreams for those that don't remember their customer no.

He only yells at you if he respects you enough to think that you should KNOW better than to say what you said! Neophytes usually just get a patient lecture on what they should actually be asking for! And if they are smart, they will actually listen and maybe learn something!

Steve Young forgot more about pinball than most of us will ever know! He is a pinball INSTITUTION and it will be a far sadder world if he ever decides to throw in the towel.

#24 7 years ago

Steve kind of looks like Larry David.

#25 7 years ago

And he knows where every single part is and the number! An amazing wealth of knowledge and great guy. Hope he passes it all on to somebody. There will never be another 'Steve.'

#26 7 years ago

Thanks for the pictures! I especially like the Frontier hot stamp shots and of course the soup nazi, very cool!

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

He only yells at you if he respects you enough to think that you should KNOW better than to say what you said!

So you're saying I have some street cred in the hobby? I've been yelled at by him twice now.

#28 7 years ago

Love it. Love ordering from him. Always an experience!

#29 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing, always wondered but it looks basically like what I expected.

#30 7 years ago

My boys found him and his organizational skills amazing. One of my boys has a touch of OCD, so when he saw everything labeled, numbered & alphabetized it really was a feast for his eyes.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I havent seen Steve in Person for over 30 years!
Immediately, I go, "shit, hes looking good, but gotten old!"
Then I look in the mirror....Yikes!
Thanks for the Pics, and to Steve, Thanks for being there all these years!!
Merry Christmas, and Good Health, Steve!
Now, whats that Part # ?!?

My thoughts exactly! Then, I started thinking - the last time I saw Steve in person was at Expo. He hasn't been to Expo in what, about 15 years?

#32 7 years ago

I cracked up at my desk when I hit the pic of the soup nazi. I had to explain in detail for my coworker.

Love the Pinball Resource, and this photo tour was great, thanks to both Steve and OP for the visual tour!

#33 7 years ago

Steve's the man

#34 7 years ago

What's cool about the Soup Nazi photo, is it is beside an award he won. So he obviously "gets the joke" and that photo is prized along with the award. I've never dealt with the man, but much respect.

#35 7 years ago

THANK YOU for the tour. On my God!!! Simply amazing. Steve is an institution in this avocation. He cares in a world where many just produce and accept mediocrity. As for the OCD, good!! This is not a bad thing to have and I'm being damn serious. I am sure I have "a touch" of this as well and I clearly rev all one say when I was on a clients boat going over a project that I commented "I'm a bit OCD about things". He responded by saying "why do you think you're on my boat"!!!

Thank you Steve from George in Cleveland. I'm sure you'll read this post but remain in the background. I am grateful. Please know that

G

#36 7 years ago

Yes, Steve's contribution to this hobby is immense.

Noticed during restores of Bally and Williams bingo's, baseball and pins that he has a bunch of parts. However, now restoring Gottliebs I am finding out first hand just how many parts he has.

Wish he was the B/W distributor.

#37 7 years ago

Great pics, Never seen his shop, so was worth opening the thread, lol

Thanks
Troy

#38 7 years ago

That's exactly how I always imagined the place would look, minus the woodrails.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's exactly how I always imagined the place would look, minus the woodrails.

I expected the closing scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark...

That was REALLY cool! Thanks for doing this and thanks for Steve at PBR!

Actually, I need to place an order.
faz

#40 7 years ago

ByronJohn, thanks for sharing your pics. Steve thanks for sharing your passion.
Your shop is just the way I imagined it. I can't come visit because I'd never leave.

One of the first questions I always get when I tell anyone my hobby is restoring old pinballs is, "you can still get parts?"

Yep

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from willbeEM:

ByronJohn, thanks for sharing your pics. Steve thanks for sharing your passion.
Your shop is just the way I imagined it. I can't come visit because I'd never leave.
One of the first questions I always get when I tell anyone my hobby is restoring old pinballs is, "you can still get parts?"
Yep

Same here. Everyone asks me that too

#42 7 years ago

No doubt.

#43 7 years ago

Here's the beast that makes all our pop bumper caps

IMG_1458 (resized).JPGIMG_1458 (resized).JPG

#44 7 years ago

No part number, NO PART FOR YOU!!!!

Steve is the MAN!!

Quoted from j_m_:

#45 7 years ago

Even if he's one of the only guys making quality reproduction parts, that's enough.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Some sweet woodrails he has there!!

Wonder how long they've been there? At least since 2002 during this GameRoom tour:

http://pbresource.com/ads/pbrgm.pdf

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

No doubt.

You want $60 roms and no pdf manuals?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

You want $60 roms and no pdf manuals?

If that's what it takes to get "quality" reproduction Williams and Bally parts like the Gottlieb parts that are available, then I'm all for it.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If that's what it takes to get "quality" reproduction Williams and Bally parts like the Gottlieb parts that are available, then I'm all for it.

Exactly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-tour-in-pictures-through-steve-youngs-pinball-resource/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.