Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

My only experience playing WOZ was at Modern Pinball in NYC. I've always loved the look and feel of WOZ, but the game was just brutally hard all the time. Modern has the posts on the outlanes all the way up, and the ball seems to drain there constantly. So frustrating. It's clear WOZ is a deep game, but what good is that if you're constantly draining?

Yesterday I got to play another WOZ and holy crap, it was so much fun. The flippers felt stronger, the outlane posts weren't in an evil position, and so for once I could focus on the game itself and hitting the shots.

I feel like for the first time I got to feel the WOZ magic everyone is talking about. My ONLY gripe with the game is the light show. My god, it's impossible to know what to shoot and when. TOTO ball save is the most fun because it's the only time you really feel like you know where to shoot. Other than that...what a great pin with so many amazing toys and details.

#2 4 years ago

Yeah, a well tuned in game (or not) can really make the difference in your enjoyment. I strayed away from Tron for years because the first three I played were lame ducks. Then POW, I played one at the Pacific Pinball Museum and was blown away.

#3 4 years ago

WOZ takes a few games to get the hang of. Once you get the feel for it, which can take a few games, it really comes together. I never got good until I owned it.

1 week later
#4 4 years ago

This is definitely a case of the gameplay changing from machine to machine. I've been spoiled by the WOZ at Free Gold Watch in SF. It's wonderful...

Then I went to Modern Pinball in NYC and I was shocked at the difference. I don't know if that machine has been played a ton and beat up or what, but it was night and day. The video was choppy, the whole machine felt beat up and in poor condition. All in all, not even worth the time to play. If that was my first exposure to WOZ, I would have been turned off for a long time.

If you're in NYC, there's a WOZ at The Creek and The Cave in Long Island City that plays like a charm - I even got my name up on a high score there a few months back.

But don't let the Modern Pinball machine get you down, WOZ is one of my favorites and a ton of fun.

#5 4 years ago

That's the thing with pinball. No two pins regardless if they are the same title play the same...

#6 4 years ago

Keep playing. The basic rule set should become understandable after a few games

The rules are on a map that you can find by scrolling with the flipper buttons.

I find the WOZ rule set to be easier to figure out than most games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Saint James, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 50.00
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside