Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG1835 (resized).jpg
IMAG0221 (resized).jpg
IMAG0202 (resized).jpg
IMAG0206 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hey fellow Pinsiders, in this thread I'll document the progress on the restauration of my bargain Space Shuttle.

First things first, my goal is to make this one a great playing Pin again.
My starting points a the following:
A missing Backglass (might get a translite made again)
A completely worn down Playfield.
A Cabinet I can live with but probably won't.

Now on to the fun part... PICS!

PS:
Feel free to assist me with everything you know about Repros and Playfield Overlays.

IMAG0206 (resized).jpgIMAG0206 (resized).jpg

IMAG0202 (resized).jpgIMAG0202 (resized).jpg

IMAG0221 (resized).jpgIMAG0221 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Wickerman2 Thanks, I saw the video on that Hardtop PF overlay thingy and I just hope they start shipping soon

#4 6 years ago

zFabi I just got mine this week they are shipping now.

#5 6 years ago

IT seems like the most solid option if airbrushing isn't financially viable anymore, but I'm curious how outside edge handles shipping to the EU, if shipping is high enough then a repro PF is more economically doable for me.
I hope they find a European partner to resell the Hardtops as in my opinion it's seems the best option for worn playfields (especially system 7 through 9 and Bally of that Gen), that had remarkably bad print runs.

270€ isn't a high sum but consider shipping and maybe taxes, it might add up to much higher sum then which is what I'm worried about more then applying a perfect print plus protector instead of trashing something which can not be redone easily.

#6 6 years ago

Best of luck with the restore. I literally saw this Space Shuttle ON location five hours ago.

KIMG1835 (resized).jpgKIMG1835 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Lots a love for this game! A little Novus and it will be good to go!

Congrats on the find- if the electronics and mechanical are good it will be super fun to redo the top side and get it playing again!!

#8 6 years ago

I only need to replace the trashed U20 Rom but in general it shouldn't be that hard to get everything going again, i'm glad the rest of the game is an easy fix (one worn out screw hole on the ramp that should be easy to fix with two washers, and some ramp damage being fixed with epoxy and a flap)

Today is lockbar polishing day by the way.
The PF looks trashy but the chrome parts are great for the overall age and condition of the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-spaced-out-space-shuttle?hl=zfabi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.