(Topic ID: 17508)

A small rant regarding limited-scope mentality....

By NPO

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gatling_lincoln_0.jpg
    Badass.jpg
    url.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

People need to get over this "Oh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaannn, it's made by Daitah EEEEEEASSSSSSTTTT" crap.
    Where does this huge chubby for B/W come from? Is it the fact that all the "oo oo oo gimmie gimmie gimmie A-Title!!!"
    I'm serious dude, I'm going on 2 DE's/1 Sega (XF when it gets here),

Nothing wrong with coming out strong on your thoughts & your opinions, & I appricaite it. It is a little spastic, but I like an opinion piece.

What I will tell you about my DE "bashing" comes from my personal opinion on playing a ton of pins over the last 20+ years. I worked at an arcade and played pinball every day for years and years.....all differernt kinds. The "love" for W/B comes from their games "feeling" a ton better than DE games, always have, always will. DE have always felt more clunky, and the art is usually worse. I'll always take plastic ramps over Metal ramps too.

Your original post seems to only be skewed to owning/working on pins, not playing them. The problem is, I don't think most people talk about how they break all the time do they? The usually complain the titles aren't as good as B/W.

I understand your point, and I think their probably is a small amount of "go along with the herd" mentality when it comes to this subject, but just make sure you don't stick your neck out too far about it. I like a couple DE just fine. GNfR, JP, LAH, all fun games. But they are a lower tier to me. Then Sega came around.

Take the XF for example, now that is just a brutaly horrible machine. Would I rather have an XF over a JM, another title I think is just pathetic? Being even I'd take a JM I guess. What does that have to do with anything? No idea...blood sugar low...gotta eat something.

#45 11 years ago

never had a problem with b/w flippers being too weak. Unless total crap machine

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-small-rant-regarding-limited-scope-mentality?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.