Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ReWrite
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

So, I just ordered the glass for my backbox, and I have my translite. How does it all go together? That may sound silly, but I've never dealt with a translite before, only painted on backglasses.

#2 11 years ago

The trim pieces just slide on the edges and hold it together. Just make sure the glass is completely dry before putting on the translite.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

The edge pieces just slide on and hold it together.

So just the channels on the inside of the backbox?

#5 11 years ago

Ah, so not the wooden channels. Well that's lame, I *just* ordered from pinballlife yesterday, and it seems I need the top and side plastic trim pieces. Time for another order I guess!

Thanks for the help!

#6 11 years ago

If you contact them before they ship they will update your order.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

knowing Terry's quick turn-around speed, it's probably already on it's way

#8 11 years ago

What game is this for? The reason I ask is that some manufacturers used longer side trim pieces than the ones that Terry sells. I just went through this a couple weeks back when I did one. BAA sells side pieces that are a few inches longer, so I ended up having to order a second set from them....

#9 11 years ago

Oops, I just noticed that you only have one game listed in your collection, so I guess we're talking about JD. Oddly enough, JD isn't listed in the compatible games for those side trims, so it may be worth checking out first.

#10 11 years ago

Didn't catch that. They may not be perfect but they will work even if too short. If too long you can cut them down with a razor blade.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

That's exactly what I did. If it weren't a holiday weekend it wouldn't have worked out, but all's wellm and it should all be here by week's end!

Quoted from MattElder:

Oops, I just noticed that you only have one game listed in your collection, so I guess we're talking about JD. Oddly enough, JD isn't listed in the compatible games for those side trims, so it may be worth checking out first.

Oh no!

Quoted from SealClubber:

Didn't catch that. They may not be perfect but they will work even if too short. If too long you can cut them down with a razor blade.

*phew* This is good news!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-silly-question-about-translites and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.