Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bigehrl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

atl_aft.jpg
atl_b4.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
spicoli_car_crash.jpg
Cleaned-up-3.jpg
Unshopped-1.jpg
IMG_20130606_180610_477.jpg
IMG_20130606_180605_087.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Just found this revenge from mars at my local red robin. What a filthy discusting machine. Close to unplayable.

IMG_20130606_180605_087.jpg IMG_20130606_180610_477.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Dude I can fix it. My dads a tv repairman and has an awesome set of tools.

#3 5 years ago

You can't fix that pin Spicoli!

#4 5 years ago

You should see the Addams Family I recently cleaned up. It was in worse shape than that and it came out looking pristine.

Fire them a lowball offer citing how filthy it is and then pull out the Novus and bring that puppy back to life!

#5 5 years ago

Dirt is a good thing, better then wear.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Dude I can fix it. My dads a tv repairman and has an awesome set of tools.

People on 'Ludes should NOT drive.

#7 5 years ago

Grab some magic erasers and go apeshit on it.....

#8 5 years ago

Oh man, my brother's gonna shit, he's going to kill us. make up your mind dude, is he going to shit or is he going to kill us? First he's gonna shit, then he's going to kill us.

Man, that's some funny stuff.

Dave

#9 5 years ago

I've been thinking about this, Mr. Hand. If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our time? Certainly, there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our time

#10 5 years ago

"Righteous bucks!"

#11 5 years ago

That's a bummer, man. Bummer...

#12 5 years ago

That pin is protected in a dirt cocoon. You buy that thing, it'll clean up f'ing nice!

#13 5 years ago

Right on. Never dismiss a routed game cause of a thick layer of dirt.

Its been my experience that a good layer of grime acts as a fantastic playfield protectant. And you know those Ops haven't been keeping the balls changed or anything.

#14 5 years ago

This is nothing compared to the pins up here in VT. Whoever is the distributor dosen't put any playfield protectors on his machines. Pizza place in burlington has a Spider man and a pirates of the Caribbean both have wood showing the middle of the playfield already. Its a sad sight.

#15 5 years ago

That doesnt look that bad!

#16 5 years ago

Before & after example.

Unshopped-1.jpg Cleaned-up-3.jpg

#17 5 years ago

makes me miss my Addams

#18 5 years ago

Well I can't really afford it. Lol 16 yes old. Just saying that it ain't gonna make any money the way it sits. And yes I can fix the flippers. Maybe can convince the parents for a good financial investment .

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Maybe can convince the parents for a good financial investment .

This ^^

And then take the money you make from flipping it to fund your next project.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Well I can't really afford it. Lol 16 yes old. Just saying that it ain't gonna make any money the way it sits. And yes I can fix the flippers. Maybe can convince the parents for a good financial investment .

Sheeeet...when I was 17 I bought my first car a brand new 1970 Mustang, saved my paper route money for 8 years and payed $2700 cash for it. Still have it too. I learned alot about cars with my Mustang...you could do the same with pins. You could be the one of the next generation pin tech's that keep these games alive for another 50 years.

#21 5 years ago

Dirt is just Nature's way of keeping the Normals away from our toys !

#22 5 years ago

which red robin is it in Richland or Pasco?

#23 5 years ago

That flipper alignment is pretty sweet. I bet you have no problems catching the ball on that one.

spicoli_car_crash.jpg

#24 5 years ago

Nearly every machine on location in this town looks like that with the exception of Arcade 1984.

#25 5 years ago

at least some times the crud actually helps protect the playfield if there is a dozen layers or so of it on it LOL.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

which red robin is it in Richland or Pasco?

Richland, I passed by it to get a table with my family and was stoked. I ordered drinks and my parents gave me a few bucks. Got change, put 50 cents in, finished my game and went back to the table.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sheeeet...when I was 17 I bought my first car a brand new 1970 Mustang, saved my paper route money for 8 years and payed $2700 cash for it. Still have it too. I learned alot about cars with my Mustang...you could do the same with pins. You could be the one of the next generation pin tech's that keep these games alive for another 50 years.

My parents gave me one for my 16 birthday because they saw how much I liked out first one, Xenon. We then sold that one, not enough to do, and bought the one that we have now, Wipe Out.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

That pin is protected in a dirt cocoon. You buy that thing, it'll clean up f'ing nice!

Exactly right; that is far better than any clear coat job could ever do to protect that playfield . . . all that dirt probably has the CPU about to fry though. I'd look for Nucor (which supposedly is about to make a comeback, better than ever) to go with the purchase of that sucker.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Exactly right; that is far better than any clear coat job could ever do to protect that playfield . . . all that dirt probably has the CPU about to fry though. I'd look for Nucor (which supposedly is about to make a comeback, better than ever) to go with the purchase of that sucker.

Lol, if only I had the money. I couldn't even afford the Nu core let alone whatever the operator would ask for this thing.

#29 5 years ago

Find out IF it's for sale, and then what the operator wants for it if it is.

If it's just a novelty there then maybe you could work a trade.

Find out what your options are, if any, before writing it off.

#30 5 years ago

I did see a phone number on it. I will go tomorrow and report back.

#31 5 years ago

I had a Black Knight once that had so much dirt on it, the ball actually would stop in the middle of the playfield Virtually no graphics were visible on the lower playfield, (What Sword!) Game cleaned up really nice, but it was a very painstaking process!!

Dirt like that is definitely no reason to write a game off, but it can help get the price down!!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I had a Black Knight once that had so much dirt on it, the ball actually would stop in the middle of the playfield Virtually no graphics were visible on the lower playfield, (What Sword!) Game cleaned up really nice, but it was a very painstaking process!!
Dirt like that is definitely no reason to write a game off, but it can help get the price down!!

This ^^

#33 5 years ago

That looks clean compared to the one I just bought last month.

Mike

image.jpg image.jpg

#34 5 years ago

actually the dirt usually protects the playfield from wear. you'd be surprised.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually the dirt usually protects the playfield from wear. you'd be surprised.

I've bought several machines like this. It's amazing how well the dirt protects the playfield.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Fire them a lowball offer citing how filthy it is and then pull out the Novus and bring that puppy back to life!

I'm sure the waitress at the red robin is both trained and authorized to negotiate such a deal with anyone who walks in claiming to be a collector.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Mfox:

That looks clean compared to the one I just bought last month.
Mike

Now that is dirty!

#38 5 years ago

First pic is my Atlantis as it looked when it sat on the shelf in a warehouse. Love how the dirt protected that art!

atl_b4.jpg atl_aft.jpg

#39 5 years ago

Time to launch a "Pin Rescue".............

Regulators!.... Mount Up!

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That flipper alignment is pretty sweet. I bet you have no problems catching the ball on that one.

Oh my god that poor camaro! I honestly felt a pull on my heart strings when I saw that, haha. I own a '79 that I bought when I was 15. And I would cry if mine ever looked like that

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I'm sure the waitress at the red robin is both trained and authorized to negotiate such a deal with anyone who walks in claiming to be a collector.

Absolutely! This has been my experience. Give her a wink, flash some green, grab your dolly and wheel that puppy out the door.

Failing that, you can always ask to speak to the management. Jackass. lol.

#42 5 years ago

I picked up a TZ about a month ago for a very good price. The game was very dirty but has cleaned up perfectly. He set the price low because it was dirty and had a couple things broken but a bunch of cleaning and 150 in parts and it is perfect!

#43 5 years ago

lol. Next time i'm in there I will talk with the manager

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Absolutely! This has been my experience. Give her a wink, flash some green, grab your dolly and wheel that puppy out the door.
Failing that, you can always ask to speak to the management. Jackass. lol.

ha ha! love it...

when they ask what yur doing with a handtruck, say you're there to really load up on the explosive quesadillas!

#45 5 years ago

That is not even close to 'route dirty'! There are a few games here that are so bad you cannot see the graphics (or lit inserts) under the dirt. Go get it!

#46 5 years ago

I played a fairly dirty Indy 500 and with 25ยข I got two replays. Dirty pins yeild better replays to me.

#47 5 years ago

at reciprocal, people actually demand that i let it get dirty. particularly spiderman. when i clean a machine it becomes evil...

i can't blame 'em tho

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside