• Latest reply 6 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DLJEVovUIAAy_L7 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

I am sorry for anyone's loss. Good grief. My local schools in Los Angeles Downey are fenced in like fort Knox. I once thought it looked ugly. But. Protecting the kids is first. Obviously.

It's a sad morning...

#3 6 years ago

Unbelievably sad. Unfortunately, this is becoming all too common. Deepest sympathy for all the families affected.

#4 6 years ago

My wife works at the same school that my daughter goes to. Every time during school hours that my wife calls, my heart jumps into my throat. I have a huge fear that something like that can happen too close to home. I can not imagine what those people are going through. What a tragic loss of life.

#5 6 years ago

DLJEVovUIAAy_L7 (resized).jpgDLJEVovUIAAy_L7 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

Terrible. Shame crap like this happens nowadays. Too bad the punk didn't get shot.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Terrible. Shame crap like this happens nowadays. Too bad the punk didn't get shot.

The shameful part is that America is ok with it. I'm not sure the exact number but was this not around the 18th school shooting of 2018. It's just business as usual. I really don't understand how you guys just go on like its par for the course.

Quick google says it is the 18th.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The shameful part is that America is ok with it. I'm not sure the exact number but was this not around the 18th school shooting of 2018. It's just business as usual. I really don't understand how you guys just go on like its par for the course.

These are my thoughts looking in from outside America too. It will unfortunately not be the last shooting this year if nothing is changed/done.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The shameful part is that America is ok with it.

The majority of Americans are not OK with this.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I really don't understand how you guys just go on like its par for the course.

Americans don't care about anything except the Kardashians.

The cartoon I posted above, was from 32 school shootings ago.

32 shootings ago, and not a single thing has changed (except more kids got dropped in the ground).

32 school shootings into the future, I'll post the same cartoon again. Probably around May of this year.....nothing will have been done, at all.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don’t get it either but it does seem we are ok with it and will continue to let it happen. I don’t understand why we can’t have some form of gun control. Why do we need an assault rifle? Could someone please explain that to me?

We are so scared to hurt anyone’s feelings or offend someone, god forbid we call someone out on their bullshit. We encourage this type of behavior. I am in construction and 20 years ago if you had a problem with your boss or a co-worker you would exchange a few punches and then go have some beers. Now we have to be careful because someone is more likely to grab a gun. Sick.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Most of America is not OK with this at all! Americans are angry and sad that this happens over and over. It sucks but we have a strong gun lobby in the NRA and politicians that are afraid to go up against them. They have a crap ton of money and very powerful members that hold a ton of sway over our elected officials....Especially the Republicans. Do you think any of them are going to buck the trend and turn their nose up at seven figure campaign donations? It's sad but life has a price in this country and it appears the NRA and other groups can afford to pay it. Usually there is an outcry after one of these and then we go back to business as usual. Nothing ever seems to change other then people buy more guns and we wait for the next incident.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The majority of Americans are not OK with this.

You hear a lot of this but I haven't seen anything being done about it. I haven't so much as seen a single protest.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Americans don't care about anything except the Kardashians.
The cartoon I posted above, was from 32 school shootings ago.
32 shootings ago, and not a single thing has changed (except more kids got dropped in the ground).
32 school shootings into the future, I'll post the same cartoon again. Probably around May of this year.....nothing will have been done, at all.

The Onion posts this every time with a current pic, I'm sure you've all seen it...

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1823016659?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-sad-morning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.