You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

J-D-smallbottle (resized).jpg
24EBE884-AABA-408C-B6EB-843A7A07C55C (resized).png
Unknown (resized).jpg
DSCN6506 (resized).JPG
EBC35920-AE0D-4C05-855D-97677A078955 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now that I'm awake and have some coffee in me I'm going to set the scene.
As of late I've noticed some total incompetence in professional people and who ever answers the phone for them getting and returning messages. I've been trying all week to get the necessary paperwork together so I could move mom from assisted living to a place with memory care as the assisted living place brought in without telling me an outside person to watch mom 24/7 to the tune of an extra $600 a day. So when they did finally tell me it became kind of urgent.
Not only has the place she is in now giving me the total runaround, the doctor that needs to fill out a form and fax it I am still waiting on. Yesterday was the day I took her to the a place and the guy is ever so nice and has a room ready but still needs that form. The old place sends it and it is not up to date like it should be. So we call the Dr. where you get some central answering service and they say they will pass it on. After an hour of waiting and no fax, I take her to get a hot dog and rootbeer float, because she loves those. This is where I encountered Mr. Man.
After that I go back with her and start packing her stuff. Call the new place and still no fax. So I go there in person and they tell me it is waiting at the counter. I tell them I hope that is not the letter I picked up on Tuesday, and of course it is. Now we will have no fax until Monday, so she is stuck there for one more weekend. There's more to it with the place, but it's just going to anger and frustrate me to talk about it.
Fast forward to the middle of last night. I'm hammered out in the garage and a buddy I knew in Jr. High comes strolling up. Last time we talked about all the fights I got in after being let out of military school and he had run into one of the dudes who is now a lawyer and is going to bring him over next time.
I've gotta go fix a hole in the side of mom's house now as the plumbing went out last week and that was the only way to get to it.

I bet your mom is proud to have you as a son.

Good job mean mugging that dude back and getting some respect.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-real-man?tu=wolfmancat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.