Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by djblouw
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0160 (resized).jpg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpg
IMG_0158 (resized).jpg
A50A5D23-EAE0-4B64-AFA3-C25DFA90374D (resized).jpeg
23AC2C47-B962-4413-8399-2DF61FB8D6DE (resized).jpeg
FCE6E3AF-0938-4377-B176-B02381132EE3 (resized).jpeg
0C1A346A-F684-454B-885B-0C0A9237FCA5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0099 (resized).jpg
IMG_0148 (resized).jpg
IMG_0147 (resized).jpg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpg
IMG_2761 (resized).jpg
IMG_2759 (resized).jpg
5F5AC856-415D-495E-95A5-238188A1DEDE (resized).jpeg
42620077-796D-4A61-AB95-81E31BE18DA5 (resized).jpeg
9D18F056-70B3-4820-B2EB-BECEBC3EA0C4 (resized).jpeg

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 days ago

I’m in for a set!

#52 11 days ago

Yahoo....!! I too was waiting on mantis... but this is results!! Cant wait!!

#53 11 days ago

Please put me down for a set as well thanks

#54 11 days ago

Are you going to be making the small angle bracket that some will need?

#55 11 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you going to be making the small angle bracket that some will need?

You can see in the picture I posted that I did make a small angle bracket. However, I'm not sure it's 100% correct, since I made if from pictures. If someone has one that can provide dimensions to me, yeah I can make that too.

#56 11 days ago

I will take a set of guides

#57 11 days ago

Well I have a Quicksilver itch to scratch too so I’m in for a set of both ball guides and lane wire forms.

#58 11 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

You can see in the picture I posted that I did make a small angle bracket. However, I'm not sure it's 100% correct, since I made if from pictures. If someone has one that can provide dimensions to me, yeah I can make that too.

I sent my parts to Mantis as samples. I think my Catacomb uses the same part. I’ll get you the measurements when I get home tomorrow.

Mantis is going to stay away from this project now, so I will for sure be needing a set of your guides for sure.

There are a couple of other threads dealing with these QS guides. You need to consider posting there that you are going to be making these so all that want a set will know you are the one to contact.

#59 10 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I have the dimensions you need to make the ball stop bracket.

The material measures .060" thick.

The drawing is not the cleanest but I think you will be able to read it OK. If not, let me know and I will make improvements.

Anybody doing a scratch build with a Mirco play field is going to need one of these ball stops.

IMG_2759 (resized).jpg

IMG_2761 (resized).jpg

IMG_2758 (resized).jpg

With these pics work OK for you?

EDIT: The diameter of the two holes is 3/16" or .18".

#60 10 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have the dimensions you need to make the ball stop bracket.
The material measures .060" thick.
The drawing is not the cleanest but I think you will be able to read it OK. If not, let me know and I will make improvements.
Anybody doing a scratch build with a Mirco play field is going to need one of these ball stops.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
With these pics work OK for you?
EDIT: The diameter of the two holes is 3/16" or .18".

Perfect! That’s enough to get it built.

I actually was very close with my first mock up. I just had thicker material, and a little short on the length. I’ll get some new material and report back when complete.

#61 10 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I actually was very close with my first mock up. I just had thicker material, and a little short on the length. I’ll get some new material and report back when complete.

Thicker material won't hurt anything as long as other dimensions are correct. The length dimensions are important, though.

#62 10 days ago

I'd take a set of both guides. Please add me to your list.

#63 10 days ago

I’m in for a set of guides and a ball stop. I’ll be using them on a Mirco playfield.

#64 10 days ago

Please add me to the list for both sets.

#65 9 days ago

Please add me to the list as well for both sets. Thanks!

#66 9 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Okay, got the design done for the eject shield. I should have it finished by the weekend for checking on the pf.

For everyone that's shown interest in guides, I'm keeping track of the requests. I'll contact you to confirm once I'm ready to start making them (probably a couple weeks still).

#67 9 days ago

Can I get a set of metal guides. The tall ones ? Pleazzzee.... I need the around the top one in a big way!!!

#68 9 days ago

RIGHT ON!! Can't wait!!

#69 8 days ago

I'm in for a set.

#70 8 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Well, that got out of hand quickly. Haha.
It sounds like there is some interest, so I'll plan on making some more, but before I send any more out I'll wait for confirmation that they work on someone else's playfield. The work great on my Mirco pf and Reese Rails, but I'd like confirmation before sending out a whole bunch of them.
For the metal ball rails, they'll be $50 a set (two pieces), plus shipping . I can make the wire lane guides too, if everyone needs them. Those should also be $50.
Once I get confirmation that these work on someone else's pf, I'll contact everyone that's shown interest to confirm orders.

Keep me posted brother

#71 8 days ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I’m in for a set of guides and a ball stop. I’ll be using them on a Mirco playfield.

Hey! We'll be building one together. Love it!

#72 7 days ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Hey! We'll be building one together. Love it!

Cool! I’m guessing yours will be done before mine though. It’ll be QS#2 for me and I have a few other games I’m dying to get to before it.

#73 7 days ago

If possible, I’d also like set of guides and a ball stop. Exciting project!

#74 7 days ago
Quoted from xeneize:

If possible, I’d also like set of guides and a ball stop. Exciting project!

lol... the orders keep on comin!!

#75 7 days ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

lol... the orders keep on comin!!

I know! At last count it was 22 sets.

Trust me, I want to get these out to everybody ASAP, but I need to make sure they’re correct first!

#76 7 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I know! At last count it was 22 sets.
Trust me, I want to get these out to everybody ASAP, but I need to make sure they’re correct first!

I dont think anyone minds waiting for a quality product.

#77 6 days ago

Getting back on topic...

I've started to work on the pf. After getting the t-nuts in, next step is to get the lamp braid installed. Almost all of the pre-drilled holes for the lamps were in the correct location. The only ones that were not correct were the two GI behind the lower sling. Easy enough to fix.

On issue I encountered was the lamps between the top rollover lanes. Because I added the t-nuts, the original position of the lamp base was too close for comfort to the t-nut. So I rotated the lamp base a little, and re-drilled, ensuring I had proper clearance to the switches.

The red arrow is the original hole location, the blue arrow is my new location:
IMG_0147 (resized).jpg

Once that was adjusted, the braid went down just fine. Here's the pf before the lamp sockets are added:

IMG_0148 (resized).jpg

#78 6 days ago

I also got all of the parts back from being re-zinc plated. This is always one of my favorite steps. Everything cleans up so well, and looks so much better than before. Now I can start rebuilding mechanisms.

IMG_0099 (resized).jpg

#79 6 days ago

Do you have to clean or prep any of the parts before you send them to be plated? How much roughly does it run to have it done?

#80 6 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Do you have to clean or prep any of the parts before you send them to be plated? How much roughly does it run to have it done?

If a part is pretty rusty, I'll usually knock it down with a wire wheel. But not much prep beyond that. Also, for the score display holders (metal bracket, with rubber bumpers on it) I used to take off the rubber part and then glue it back on--but I've found that I don't have to do that. That zinc plating process doesn't strip these off.

I'm sure the cost will vary depending on location. At my real job, one of our vendors is a plating company. So it cost me about the price of a dinner for 2 people for an entire batch.

#81 6 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

it cost me about the price of a dinner for 2 people for an entire batch.

Two people at MacDonalds or one of those fancy places that bring the food to your table?

Kidding of course. Great Progress so far -- looking forward to future updates!

#82 4 days ago

This arrived today. It looks great.

Now I’ll be able to finish cutting the light insert panel in the back box.

0C1A346A-F684-454B-885B-0C0A9237FCA5 (resized).jpeg
#83 4 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

This arrived today. It looks great.
Now I’ll be able to finish cutting the light insert panel in the back box.[quoted image]

Bg resto?

Also am I supposed to pm you to get on the list for the guides and wire forms or do you have a list.

#84 3 days ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Bg resto?
Also am I supposed to pm you to get on the list for the guides and wire forms or do you have a list.

Yes, BGResto. He does great work.

No, no pm needed. I’ve got you on the list. I’ll reach out to everyone that showed interest when I get closer to making them on a larger scale.

#85 3 days ago

I made a couple sets of wire guides today since it was to cold to go outside. They need to be cleaned and polished, but it’s a good start.

Took about 2 hours to make. Only 20+ more sets to make! Ha.

FCE6E3AF-0938-4377-B176-B02381132EE3 (resized).jpeg
#86 3 days ago

I am curious to know if you where able to find the correct length post to use with them TNuts you have used

I wanted to go that way but could not find steel posts long enough to go through the Tnut

#87 3 days ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I am curious to know if you where able to find the correct length post to use with them TNuts you have used
I wanted to go that way but could not find steel posts long enough to go through the Tnut

Yes, I’m using 6-32 x 1 5/8” phillips head (for areas like the plastic lane guides). And the DE post for the other areas. I’ll try to post a link tomorrow.

#88 2 days ago

Eject shield bracket made.

It should work like the original. I can’t get the bend quite as tight as the original, but you’ll only know if you have two side-by-side.
23AC2C47-B962-4413-8399-2DF61FB8D6DE (resized).jpeg

#89 2 days ago

I rebuilt a bunch of mechanism.

All pieces zinc plated
Coils cleaned and new labels
New coil sleeves.
All plungers washed and polished
New hardware (no more slotted head screws).

For the screws you’ll need:
8-32 x 3/8” Phillips head with lock washer (14 paper drop target assy)
6-32 x 3/8” Phillips head with lock washer (for slings, eject hole, and our hole)
6-32 x 1/4” Phillips head with lock washer (for slings, eject hole).—depending on your donor game.
A50A5D23-EAE0-4B64-AFA3-C25DFA90374D (resized).jpeg

#90 4 hours ago

I ran into the first issue with the pf. For reference, this is a Mirco pf reproduction.

Here's the issue:
IMG_0158 (resized).jpg
There is a hole missing for the wires to the outhole solenoid to feed back to the underside.

So, I took measurements from a donor pf:
IMG_0157 (resized).jpg

And added the hole as needed:
IMG_0160 (resized).jpg

So, if you bought a Mirco pf, you'll need to do this as well. The hole diameter should be 1/2"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Renaissance, FLORIDA
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside