Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Although properly set up to do so, mine does NOT award the (standard) secondary replay level, at 700 M. points. Everything else works as it should. Is this a known issue ? (I have sent emails to Alltek, but received no reply.) If it is a known issue, I won't bother trying to test another of these boards. While it would be nice to have this function work also, I don't regard it as a critical problem. And, at this point, any original Bally boards out there are going to be refurbs . . . .

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Clear/check the level 3 replay audit. If you have junk value audit there and it can mess up earlier replay values.

Thanks, I will look into that.

On a marginally related note, you really have to wonder about so many of those eBay listings. For example

ebay.com link: Original Factory Artwork for Bally 039 s 1982 EMBRYON Pinball Machine

which -- surprise, surprise -- did not sell. I'm a HUGE fan of Embryon, but that sort of price for this seems ridiculous to me.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Basically the RAM gets scrambled when there is no battery connected.

This title -- presumably like other early SS -- does not have a backup battery. Unless you are referring to something (PROM chip ?) on the board itself that I'm not familiar with.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

That guy has been listing that for a couple of years...... total BS

A potential buyer for such an item at such a price would have to meet three criteria: tremendous fan of the Embryon pin (o.k., I'm there, so far . . .); tremendous fan of the artwork (not a given, nor does it necessarily follow from Point #1; very deep pockets and that sum is considered trivial for such a purchase. The chance of meeting all three criteria is probably close to Zero.

#13 9 years ago

Total misread on your part. Not arguing, just inquiring. Relative newbie here, when it comes to pin ownership. Just trying to get better educated about these things -- that's all. Of my few tables, only one is later than the late 1980s, and that's the only one where I could see or identify a battery. I want to learn the things that I need to know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-question-if-you-have-an-embryon-with-an-alltek-mpu-board?tu=Heretic_9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.