Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

violin-steve-buscemi.gif
image.jpg
aint-got-time-to-bleed.jpg
campus.jpg
image.jpg
predator_allentown2012.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

I joined the Predator Posse not because of the Pin's rarity. I signed up because:
- I find the project interesting and the theme appeals to me.
- I love the communication between the fans and the designers. As if as we were belonging to a community. This is a great base to improve games before final release and even once released.
- The price and the paiement schedule are reasonable.

Having said that, putting an upper limit on the production does make sense to me. Not only because, yes, I confess, I like belonging to an "exclusive" club, in which membership is not dictated by highest income but by Faith... Also as it is Skit-B's first pin, they probably put an upper limit to what they can achieve in term of production. Scaling up again one order of magnitude to reach JJP's expected production is obviously not easy.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

I know what your shooting for but if you machine turns out to be a winner (at a reasonable price to boot) wouldn't it be nice for the masses to have the opportunity to play and or own it as well? I Just want to be able to play the machine before I jump in and if it's really good, I would like to have the chance to own the "art".
QSS

I will bring mine to the masses! I promise I will bring it to Pin festivals and tournaments around.
I do not care about mine losing HUO status. A good machine should be shared. Come and enjoy it. We cannot own all machines we like.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Wait... I just realized that maybe I'm being punked by Kevin/SkitB. Maybe, just maybe, they are testing to see how loyal their customers are.

Anyway, This test of faith reinforces the Predator community.

To those not convinced by limited numbers; I don't even understand your point. There could be valid reasons to question our sanity to join Skit-B. But not this one. Predator was an open project, announced in public forums. Even some lousy French heard about it. Everyone had a chance, and you may still have one. There was/is a waiting list, but it is not many pages-long. So aiming at a production figure of 250 was reasonable. Changing this number would ruin trust.

As the Dude mentioned, a production of 250 is already a formidable challenge. If this game is really good one, the next one will be even better. And its production might be larger scale.

So rejoy, so many exciting projects in the pipeline. I wish they all succeed. No need for sterile controversy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.25
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.00
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 125.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 13.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside