(Topic ID: 210315)

A question about STI shipping ...

By gweempose

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I'm having an arcade game shipped via STI. It is scheduled to be dropped off tomorrow. My concern is that it is supposed to rain tomorrow, and the game will be exposed to the elements when it is moved from the truck out on the street into my garage. The seller said that the shipping company prepared the game for shipping. Will it be wrapped in blankets and protected from the elements, or should I reschedule delivery?

#2 6 years ago

When I shipped some guys out, the shipper wrapped them in blankets AND plastic wrap before loading them on the truck. Such a short distance should not expose the machines to anything if they were prepared the same way. I didn't arrange shipping but I believe the buyer when with STI.

#3 6 years ago

I wouldn't reschedule. Unless your local crew is real good, it might be more trouble than it's worth. It should be wrapped or at least draped with a moving blanket. That should be sufficient enough to get the game to safety. A few drops won't hurt the game at all.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks, guys! I've had a few pins shipped before, but they were wrapped and put on a pallet by the sellers. This is the first time I've ever had something delivered that was prepped by the shipping company. It's a pretty large game, so I'll be nervous until it is finally in my possession.

#5 6 years ago

The game just got dropped off. I haven't had a chance to inspect it thoroughly yet, but it didn't arrive in a mound of broken pieces, so I'm relieved. I was very disappointed, however, by how it was wrapped up. It was protected only by some shrink wrap, and there were even some parts that were completely exposed. It has been pouring rain all day. Thank god it stopped temporarily right before they arrived. This allowed us to move it into my garage without getting a drop of water on it. I guess the universe was looking out for me.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The game just got dropped off. I haven't had a chance to inspect it thoroughly yet, but it didn't arrive in a mound of broken pieces, so I'm relieved. I was very disappointed, however, by how it was wrapped up. It was protected only by some shrink wrap, and there were even some parts that were completely exposed. It has been pouring rain all day. Thank god it stopped temporarily right before they arrived. This allowed us to move it into my garage without getting a drop of water on it. I guess the universe was looking out for me.

What game Gweem?

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

What game Gweem?

It's called Groove Coaster. It's a Japanese rhythm game. Not an easy thing to come by in the States ...

3 months later
    #8 5 years ago

A friend and I have 2 games ongoing with STI. One from Texas and one from Arkansas, both to Maryland.
    We waited between 1 and 2 weeks before collection, transit time is going to be over 2 weeks. The one in Texas already had 5 stops within State only ! So many transshipment increase handling which is not good at all for our games.

I have shipped with STI before, but quality level now is below poor.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-question-about-sti-shipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.