New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 270675)

A quest to find details on the Disney Country Bear Jamboree Pinball

By pinballphotos

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by pinballphotos
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

unnamed (resized).jpg
    0D83CC17-D321-4210-AB48-8F5A187A352D (resized).jpeg
    Annotation 2020-06-10 183805 (resized).png
    rocketjets_1 (resized).jpg
    11e3be1fa97b580753c6c9b9f5f0c341 (resized).png
    tms-525b (resized).jpg
    TMS-525c (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.00.00 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballphotos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 months ago

I have watched a couple of documentaries mentioning the existence of a Country Bear Jamboree Pinball custom made by Disney. This machine it's one of a kind. it was at the Country bear Jamboree Store in Disneyland before the attraction closed. Does anyone has any details of pictures about this machine?

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.00.00 PM (resized).png

#4 4 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm wondering if it wasn't really a pinball machine, but a coin operated putting machine. I have no info, but that reminds me of putting games I've seen and just wondering if normies would call it "a pinball machine?"
    Good luck.

Thank you! It may also be a re-theme of a EM from the 60's. Unfortunately, I don't have any other details about it.

#6 4 months ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Maybe a re-theme of this?
    https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1218&picno=54457
    The mechanical action of the bear is similar to the golfer manikin.
    .................David Marston

That it's definitely a probability! I wonder where the other bears were placed on the table...

#9 4 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'd highly suggest that instead of trying to dig for a one-off custom on a pinball site, try to go to a Disney enthusiast site and see if any of the Disney historians have any information. WDWmagic.com may be a good place to try.
    If it was done as a retheme by WDW imagineering or a local shop, there may not be a lot of public knowledge to pinball folks. But perhaps some of those who have connections inside Disney, or have photos from their heyday's could help uncover more about this machine.

Thats a great idea. I will definitely try that next. Thank you!

#10 4 months ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

I will say this.. If you go on the current ride (Winnie the Pooh) that now sits where Country Bear Jamboree used to be, turn around and look behind you as you go through the ride. They did not tear down CBJ and actually repurposed it. A few of the old Country Bear decorations still exist in the ride, such as the animal heads that used to be above the doors. You just do not see them from the regular seated position of the Winnie the Pooh ride, but if you look behind you from time to time, they are still there.
    It makes me wonder... If you walk backwards into the Winnie the Pooh store, will you be able to see this Country Bear Pinball machine???

Well you are in California. You can do a site survey and see if you find any information

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This is all I got.
    "Teddi Barra’s Swingin’ Arcade survived the arrival of Critter Country, although video games replaced some of the old-fashioned, one-of-a-kind machines."[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for finding these pictures. Interesting selection for sure.

#15 4 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You're welcome!
    I've spent hours when I was at work looking for old Disneyland tidbits on the internet, but anything about the arcades is very scarce.
    Can't find anything about Space Mist which they served outside Tomorrowland Terrace and was presented in dry ice to give it that effect.
    Can take you an an Adventure Thru Interspace though just as it was when I was 5 years old when it first opened. Before the late 70s when all the loogies were hanging from the snowflakes.

Haha love this! You can see the clothing and hairdos from the era. That's quite an interesting journey just to presence a snowflake. I guess they didn't have a lot of content back then lol

#31 4 months ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

I think the Main street penny arcade had this or something very close. My bad memory thinks the cabinet of the BCJ arcade game in question was shaped like a pinball cab with similar golfer motion as this. On this one the Ball raises from beneath the rotating golfer and sits right in front of the putter.
    [quoted image]

Yes, that may be the game that they used for this. I'm just curious to understand the layout as other figurines were placed on the playfield.

Thank you for your addition to this thread!

#32 4 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A large amount of Disneyland Main Street Arcade Games were shipped to Orlando.
    There was an auction maybe 20ish years ago, that had around 100 games from Orlando and Ca.
    These pieces werent in the announcement, but the tags were on all the games.
    Stuff went real cheap at first, then phone calls went out, and some of the rarer pieces soared in price,
    as the gossip was Copperfield was bidding on the Automatons and fortune tellers.
    I owned a Bromley little Pro from Disneyland, it was covered in Formica, and not likely the game in question, but the wear on the "figure" was far less than the rest of the game.
    It made me think they replaced the figure with another, as a repair, or maybe as suggested, a character
    was used.
    We did not have a pin as such in Country Bear in Orlando, that I have seen.

Wow I'm sure that was an amazing auction. Thank you for the information!

#40 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

There are some old black and white photos floating around somewhere of the old shooting gallery they once had a Country Bear Jamboree (not to be confused with the shooting gallery at frontier land).
    This was a bunch of the old Seaburg Ray of Light rifle games like Shoot the Bear and a several others custom built into one enclosure/exhibit.

Definitely a possibility. I just want to see something!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Other
    Cobra Amusements
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballphotos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside