(Topic ID: 270675)

A quest to find details on the Disney Country Bear Jamboree Pinball

By pinballphotos

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (resized).jpg
    0D83CC17-D321-4210-AB48-8F5A187A352D (resized).jpeg
    Annotation 2020-06-10 183805 (resized).png
    rocketjets_1 (resized).jpg
    11e3be1fa97b580753c6c9b9f5f0c341 (resized).png
    tms-525b (resized).jpg
    TMS-525c (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.00.00 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'd highly suggest that instead of trying to dig for a one-off custom on a pinball site, try to go to a Disney enthusiast site and see if any of the Disney historians have any information.

I've tried, and it is almost impossible to even find pics inside the Main Street Penny Arcade back in the day, let alone the one in Bear Country. And many other things.

As a kid that grew up minutes from Disneyland and went to Bear Country when it first opened and for years after, I don't even remember this game.

Honestly, the novelty of Bear Country did not last very long. At least for me.

Best site I have found for all things Disneyland past is-

https://www.yesterland.com

#12 3 years ago

This is all I got.

"Teddi Barra’s Swingin’ Arcade survived the arrival of Critter Country, although video games replaced some of the old-fashioned, one-of-a-kind machines."

tms-525b (resized).jpgtms-525b (resized).jpg

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpgTMS-525c (resized).jpgTMS-525c (resized).jpg

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballphotos:

Thank you for finding these pictures. Interesting selection for sure.

You're welcome!

I've spent hours when I was at work looking for old Disneyland tidbits on the internet, but anything about the arcades is very scarce.

Can't find anything about Space Mist which they served outside Tomorrowland Terrace and was presented in dry ice to give it that effect.

Can take you an an Adventure Thru Inner Space though just as it was when I was 5 years old when it first opened. Before the late 70s when all the loogies were hanging from the snowflakes.

#16 3 years ago

Like I said, I was 5 years old when they first redid Tomorrowland and it was quite a thing to behold. By the late 70s, maintenance wasn't Disneyland's strong suit, but it was a great place for teenagers like myself at the time to hang out for around $10.

Started taking my own daughter there it the late 90s with passes year after year and the new Tomorrowland was never as spectacular. But we had a lot of fun.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

There have been a surprising number of fatalities there.

Helicopter crashes and someone falling out of the Matterhorn are some of the first I remember hearing about. Then my young daughter looking at Thunder Mountain saying it did not look safe and a few weeks later we found out it wasn't. But, with the amount of visitors, you are more likely to get killed driving there. There is also the urban legend some guy had a heart attack when the Haunted Mansion originally opened as a walk thru. Then it sat there closed for years before it became a ride.

One of my earliest memories was getting scared shitless in this thing that I was going to fly out of it as I don't remember seatbelts and I was riding high on mom's lap. I was only two or so as that is when it shut down to make way for the new Tomorrowland which opened in 1967.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

The 1955 "futuristic" vision of the Astro Jets reminds me of this old Far Side comic.

They had real car headlights on them. lol.

Still, the second incarnation of Tomorrowland from 1967 is still the best.

Apparently they came up short with the budget the third time around and it shows.

rocketjets_1 (resized).jpgrocketjets_1 (resized).jpg
    #22 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A large amount of Disneyland Main Street Arcade Games were shipped to Orlando.

So, is that where those pitch and bats I used to love ended up at? I know at least one of them had to be a United Star Slugger or something similar. There were no pinballs but they did have a couple of bingo machines.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I felt the same way on Space Mountain.

We waited years for Space Mountain to finally open and by the time it did I was around 16. We went to one of those nighttime private parties that were not so private where rides did not require tickets. Needless to say we were pretty spaced the first time we rode Space Mountain.

I could tell a little more about that evening but let's just say it ended in that little room off Main Street where they put all the bad people.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Luckily for me my daughter was too small to go on last summer, so I didn't have to ride it again and re-aggravate childhood trauma.

I finally talked my young daughter into riding it right when it became Rockin' Space Mountain with The Red Hot Chili Peppers blasting Higher Ground. It was really a very impressive makeover of the ride.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

One accident happened on the old skyway.
    They put cages on them when I was a kid and eventually removed them.
    Hole stayed open in Matterhorn forever and looked odd.
    Did they finally seal it shut?

Skyway is the other time they put us in that room for swinging the buckets and shutting it down twice on the same ride.

They sealed up the Matterhorn inside and out where you could no longer see all the tracks and cars racing around the inside or the skyway and added a couple yetis and strung two cars together in the late 70s. When they closed the Skyway in the 90s, they sealed the holes in the side.

#33 3 years ago

Yesterday they announced they are planning on reopening Disneyland on July 17th. On the 65th anniversary of the park's original opening.

I have serious reservations whether that will happen or not.
    unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-quest-to-find-details-of-the-disney-country-bear-jamboree-pinball?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.