Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

All of you make these wonderful mods for pinball machines that a handful I just have to get. But when I get them I'm so busy with work and life that I don't have time to install them. There they sit, under the games in the box they were shipped in. Am I alone?

A fellow pinsider suggested a "mod party". Have a bunch of fellow pinsiders over to help install the mods, free beer, gameplay and maybe a tourney with prizes. I like the idea but feel is it mooching off your friends? Unless the prizes are really good.

#2 10 years ago

Make one of the prizes one of your mods! Less for you, more for your friends -Joe

#3 10 years ago

My mods are usually immediately installed after running back inside from the mailbox! honestly, usually within minutes !

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

All of you make these wonderful mods for pinball machines that a handful I just have to get. But when I get them I'm so busy with work and life that I don't have time to install them. There they sit, under the games in the box they were shipped in. Am I alone?
    A fellow pinsider suggested a "mod party". Have a bunch of fellow pinsiders over to help install the mods, free beer, gameplay and maybe a tourney with prizes. I like the idea but feel is it mooching off your friends? Unless the prizes are really good.

Not just mods.. but all parts in general It's a byproduct of knowing you gotta buy them when you can because they aren't around forever..

#5 10 years ago

(I was totally expecting something else from the thread title. )

#6 10 years ago

I work on my mods, after first family time, then work, but even an hour here and there, you still can have the time after the more important time is spent. Pinball, as a hobby, should feel like it. If not, its then a third job, which noone needs. Most important thing is to... just... have... fun! ~SpOoKy

#7 10 years ago

Yep I'm in the same boat - I got almost everything I need and while i have installed a number of things I have 100's of dollars of stuff yet to be installed due to my lack of extra time to do it.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

(I was totally expecting something else from the thread title. )

clever naming to get reads

#9 10 years ago

Same here. I bought the Tron arcade mod about a year ago and still haven't installed it.

#10 10 years ago

I have every ramp and all the mountains and the missing mountain mod sitting under my White Water. Had the parts for a couple of months just not looking forward to putting them on.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I bought the Tron arcade mod about a year ago and still haven't installed it.

This one is takes 20 minutes. Get to it Mr. Binks.

Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have every ramp and all the mountains and the missing mountain mod sitting under my White Water.

This one takes more than 20 minutes. You get a pass and my sympathy.

I am also guilty of this as I have the real spinning sawblade mod for TOM. Sitting in the box.

#12 10 years ago

Some pinheads enjoy working on pins as much as playing them. I think a mod party sounds like a blast! The ability to get under the hood of a bunch of pins, pimp them out, and have fun lending a hand to another pinhead is always a good thing!

Free beer and good pin-nerding helps obviously.

LMK when the party is

#13 10 years ago

I have a real knocker and icicles for the Iceman ramp on my X-Men. It is still considered "on probation" so I'm in no rush to install them.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm with you, same problem. Some mods I don't want to do until I clean the whole machine and take ramps off (plastic protectors for example). I agree with flynnibus, you just don't know how long some of these mods are going to be available, so you try to get them sooner rather than later.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

LMK when the party is

Consider yourself invited my friend if I go through with it. Regardless, when I have a small get together I promised some of my Wisconsin friends will get an invite.

#16 10 years ago

I don't do mods.

#17 10 years ago

I do this every time I get a mod.....call NJGecko and we have a party.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

This one is takes 20 minutes. Get to it Mr. Binks.

I actually went to install it a couple months ago, only to find that I need a different set of needlenose pliers to get the old cabinet removed. After that, all motivation drained away. Maybe I'll try again in a few months.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I actually went to install it a couple months ago, only to find that I need a different set of needlenose pliers to get the old cabinet removed. After that, all motivation drained away. Maybe I'll try again in a few months.

Id love to come play your Spiderman and a Tron LE, Ill install the mod for you!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Id love to come play your spiderman and a TRON LE, Ill install the mod for you!

Deal!

#21 10 years ago

Mine usually sit for a while and then I'll put them all on at once

#22 10 years ago

I have a bunch of mods laying on top and under my machines. I think part of the fun is looking forward to getting them and ordering them. I will put them all on someday but I am not in a hurry.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Not alone. Though I normally add a newly acquired mod within a week of receiving it; I still have two sets of mirror blades from the Black Friday sale. Procrastination > mods. but turns out saving these worked, I've been through so many games in the past 6 months, it's good I still have the blades

#24 10 years ago

Mods can be fun but, they can also be frustrating to install. I try to install them after a good nights sleep that's for sure.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I think it's a good idea. It's an opportunity for the people newer in tech to learn from the older ones, and just an excuse to socialize and barbecue.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-problem-with-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.