P1020719.JPG
IMG_5806.JPG
IMG_5804.JPG
IMG_5803.JPG
IMG_5757.JPG
cp_022.jpg
Checkpoint3.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Just something nice to look at. So much otherwise floating around...

Talk "pinball restoration" on our FB page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gameroom-Collectibles-Pinball/168751139855218

#2 10 years ago

Oops. Photo didn't load. Sorry.....

Checkpoint3.JPGCheckpoint3.JPG

#3 10 years ago

NOS PF

cp_022.jpgcp_022.jpg

1 week later
#4 10 years ago

Very nice, thanks for posting these pics!

#5 10 years ago

that is nice looking!

3 weeks later
#6 10 years ago

I just got a CP that needs LOTS of love. And that is awesome you restored it I am hoping to do the same. But my PF just needs to be replaced :/ it is kinda beat. Love this game! More pics you post the better!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

PF just needs to be replaced

I think marco still has them

#9 10 years ago

great looking checkpoint, is it for sale?

#10 10 years ago

Good looking CP. I restored mine years ago and had a ton in it (relative to game value).
It took a while to sell at what I needed...oops getting off subject.

One of the few games I have sold and miss. Fun fast and the "radar detector" feature is fun.
222mph was my top speed and once dialed in very fast. Hoping some pinhead with skills will offer a good priced dmd replacement for them some day.

Good to see one getting some love.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Good looking CP. I restored mine years ago and had a ton in it (relative to game value).
It took a while to sell at what I needed...oops getting off subject.
One of the few games I have sold and miss. Fun fast and the "radar detector" feature is fun.
222mph was my top speed and once dialed in very fast. Hoping some pinhead with skills will offer a good priced dmd replacement for them some day.
Good to see one getting some love.

Yeah. I got it knowing I love the theme and unique features, that I know I'll dump more into it than it is worth. But I love it and it is for me, so worth it! Glad to hear I'm not the only crazy person that likes this game!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I think marco still has them

Marco specialties just said they do not have any NOS pf's

#13 10 years ago

watch e-pay I purchased a good used PF there under $100 - touched it up and cc'd.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Marco specialties just said they do not have any NOS pf's

My apologies they had several CP (champion pub) playfields 6 months ago.,

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

watch e-pay I purchased a good used PF there under $100 - touched it up and cc'd.

Oh, nice. Yeah, I figured I wouldn't find stuff right away. It may take a bit. I'll have to keep my eyes open

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

My apologies they had several CP (Champion Pub) playfields 6 months ago.,

No worries! Glad you said something, it never hurts to ask

#17 10 years ago

I would have loved to get ahold of a NOS playfield before I sold my CP cause I probably would have kept it. I miss that game.

#18 10 years ago

I'm currently restoring my CP lower cabinet it was beat up when I got it, however it has a nice pf.

Love the theme, the key start plus factory shaker are cool features.

#19 10 years ago

it's a solid game all round

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from v8racefan:

I'm currently restoring my CP lower cabinet it was beat up when I got it, however it has a nice pf.
Love the theme, the key start plus factory shaker are cool features.

Make a thread for your progress! I have a little fade on my cab. Be fun to see it being restored

#21 10 years ago

Here's some photo's of my Checkpoint resto

IMG_5757.JPGIMG_5757.JPG IMG_5803.JPGIMG_5803.JPG IMG_5804.JPGIMG_5804.JPG IMG_5806.JPGIMG_5806.JPG P1020719.JPGP1020719.JPG

#22 10 years ago

Here a few more just taken today...

P1020716.JPGP1020716.JPG P1020718.JPGP1020718.JPG

1 year later
#23 9 years ago

Apologies for resurrecting the dead, but would love to see more of this restoration, and understand how one restores the cabinet artwork - are stencils available anywhere? The reason I ask is my CP arrives Tuesday and I know the cabinet needs work. Thanks,

#24 9 years ago

I restored a CP 10 years ago that had spent it's life in arcades in San Jose. It wasn't a basket case but it was close. Was able to find an nos playfield, plastics, backglass, and ramp. Also replaced the side armor, lock down bar and anything else I could get my hands on including the original matchbox Porsche. I think Mike Pacak might have an nos playfield for it and it seems like you see the plastics and back glasses on ebay quite a bit. I anticipate that repro ramps will be available some day as well. My CP is always one of the most played at parties and get togethers. Well made pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pretty-checkpoint-restored and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.