Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by heckheck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Chato.jpg
    Josie2.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    Josie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

Stern already has an option of the full option pin with identical playfield and gameplay and it's called the "Premium". The LE is just a marketing ploy to drive up the demand for new titles by gussying the Premium up with a different art package and making it limited. If you want to stop people from hoarding and flipping LE's the solution is to refuse to pay over MSRP for an LE. At the current price-point the best thing to do is just pretend that the LE doesn't exist and buy a Premium which is the same exact game. Let the lucky LE owners enjoy their games and meanwhile you can enjoy playing the same game at a lower price point. It's a win/win for everybody except the flippers and hoarders.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

It's not win/win for people who care particularly about a specific theme. Then art/trim can make a big difference to some beyond just playability.
    Over and over and over, I just don't understand why people can't understand this. When shelling out 7-8K for what amounts to a toy, aesthetics MATTER to some.

I think aesthetics has something to do with it but I think for the most part people just want the game that's going to be worth the most money and also have bragging rights over owning the more "rare" version of a game. It would be interesting to what would happen if the Premium version had the MOP artwork package and the LE had a different package such as "Ride the Lightning", which version would be most sought after. I think even if this were the case people would still be fighting it out over owning the LE version even if the MOP Premium was available at a lower price. I think it's less about aesthetics and more about trying to buy the most valuable stock and trying to be part of an exclusive LE club.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-possible-le-solution?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.