6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by heckheck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Chato.jpg
    Josie2.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    Josie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider max_badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 6 years ago

Do a search on JJP WoZ number of LE's and see how that turned out.

Even better...do a search on JJP and the number of Hobbit LE's and see how that was taken.

LE is limited, not sell a sh!tload to appease more people. Stern listened to everyone's whining and made a premium... Has the exact same features but different artwork and trim. Want the LE still?....pay the price, 'cause its LIMITED.

#76 6 years ago

>>It turned out fine, they sold 1000

I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about the bitchfest that happened here on Pinside about how WoZ LE is a game that has 1000 copies floating around and blah blah blah complain complain. Now multiply the anger by 2 and you get more people angry with the 1500+ Hobbit "LE's" blah blah blah complain complain. There was a lot....and I mean A LOT of grumbling about this discussion, so I will not beat the dead horse again.

>> It may piss you off, but Stern doesn't need to please you any more than they need to please me.

Exactly, so why change? Why have this thread discussion? Stern is doing fine as is (which has been said already). Either pay a hefty premium for a small number of LE's or be happy with a premium. They listened and created a model that has all of the features but not a LE art package with a run as needed total.

Like a fine alcoholic drink, do you want the bar to water it down so they can serve more people (and have those people not fully enjoy it), or serve less people and give them the correct amount of booze? Maybe not the best comparison, but you can get my point.

>> Better in their coffers than letting the flippers have it.

Why can't the flippers buy more? If they make more, flippers will buy more. No change in resale value. Now what happens if the game is a flop (yes Stern makes flops)? Resellers have a ton of LE's that won't sell. Stern sold theirs, they get their money, but piss off people stuck with the high price no-longer-LE's labeled as LE's. Stern keeps the number lower, and they are covered

>>Jack upped the number to 1500. Even more opportunity for people to get the game they want, on both sides of the Atlantic. From what I understand, these are pretty much about to sell out, so running 1500 LEs didn't hurt the business again.

Yes, Jack sold out the LE's......buy now at X price or pay the same or more for a regular later (all presale timeframe, not later as in a year later after release on the 3rd run or something). I haven't seen Stern come out and say that. Kind of like blackmail if you ask me .......which for the record I have no problem with the way he sells them, but its not a good comparison for saying Stern should change. Again, another dead horse beating topic

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

Believe it or not, Pinside is like 10% of the pinball universe. The loudest, noisiest, ugliest 10% (give or take RGP, which is a ghost town), but still only a small part, with an ENORMOUSLY overinflated opinion of its collective importance.

So what are you, the OP, and this thread doing differently than the other side? Complaining that there's not enough LE's? Again going back to your earlier thread: ".. Stern doesn't need to please you any more than they need to please me..", then why change if some people representing 10% of the pinball universe want more LE's because of flippers, high price, etc etc? Does Stern want to "potentially" make some extra money by watering down the LE's or stay as is and do what they are doing now which seems to be working or people would not start threads like this?

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

We'll see what they do. I'm hoping one thing, you obviously the other. Hopefully mine makes more business sense to them. More $$ (not just potential dollars actual ones) usually makes more sense...

I never said I wanted one side or the other....and they are potential.....any proof that they will/won't make more money? There's more to this equation than "they will make more money if they make more LE's". Don't you or anyone else complaining over the LE's being limited think that maybe.....

.....just maybe..........

.....just super maybe they know what they are doing?

Once again, I don't give a crap about LE's, if I want one, I will buy one, if I don't, I won't. I just find it annoying that everyone here wants to run Stern instead of just accepting how they are right now....which is producing games at levels for everyone.

And I have the same feelings for the threads on the # of JJP LE's as well...maybe Jack knows what he is doing at his company.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

Fair points.
    I don't want to run Stern, I just hope they considering what has/is happening in their market, and are further tweaking their formula. Marketing strategies evolve. Companies change them all the time to try to maximize profits. What they are doing is working. Doesn't mean they can't do something else that works even better (for them and the majority of their customers).
    What I do want is an LE (a Star Trek LE specifically) and I don't want to pay the equivalent of a scalper (flipper) to get one, I want to pay Stern. I'm willing to preorder, all I need is for there be enough supply to go around, we'll see.

I'm honestly not disagreeing with you, but trying to stay neutral on my posts..... it's just that there's no way they can make both sides happy (LE is limited and worth a ton OR lots of LE's bringing the price down and the rarity but more get one).

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

because that may be construed as whining or bitching.

It is:
    ............whahhhh there's no more LE's and the flippers charge too much
    or
    ............whahhhh my LE is no longer super limited and not worth as much because everyone has one

Since both sides have a point and nothing will help both sides, then why continue to start threads on this stuff. We all get it.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That would be much better than vilifying others that have an different point of view that you’re tired of listening to.

Ok, so I voiced my opinion to discuss....what's the issue then?

I am not starting new topics on this....I am not taking a side. Yes, you can do what you want on a forum. However don't expect everyone to agree/disagree with you. I have no issues if people disagree with me. You should not have an issue with me saying to stop beating dead horses. I can say something like...."Don't post a topic if you don't want to hear all opinions"

Sorry if you don't like what I said...but I hardly ever comment on hot topics and yours was the one I did

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

LOL...I don't know. I feel like we took a wrong turn somewhere. Anyway..how about that STLE? That suckers gonna be hard core pimp!

No wrong turn.....I never got hot headed. I am just putting a third opinion/side out there. I'm not trying to start a pissing match with anyone

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.99
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 839.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider max_badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside