6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by heckheck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Chato.jpg
    Josie2.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    Josie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

You'll always have a fraction of people that want to keep LE's limited.

And you'll always have a fraction of people that don't seem to know what the letters LE stand for.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

As long as the premiums offer the same features as the LEs, I don't mind that the LEs are, well, limited. You can get the same game with the premium model at a lower cost. Sure, it's lacking a plaque, but you don't play the plaque.
    If they ever start leaving any features out of the premium models that the LEs have, then it's time to really complain.

These are my feelings exactly.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

It doesn't stand for 500 either. It could easily stand for 700, 1000, whatever Stern wants it to. It could also stand for no specific round number at all, and just refer to a run produced for a "limited" time. It would still be limited.
    You guys that want it to stand for 500, can scream and shout all day as you do in these threads. I say more power to Stern to make more LEs for STLE, they will I hope, and people will buy them. Stern owes the flipper/hoarder nothing, and can make some extra bucks if they so desire by making enough LE's to satisfy preorders, and as I said, flipper's be damned.
    All those sure that Stern won't increase the numbers, get real. If Stern thinks they can make more money with a different strategy, they will. There's no pact to make LE mean 500 or less. Forget it.

I'm not screaming. I just thought the sentence I quoted was kind of funny. LEs by their definition are limited. And I agree that Stern could adopt a different strategy if they thought it would be more profitable. Do you think it's telling that they haven't?

I'm not an investor. And I'll likely never own an LE since I won't buy a game until I've played it. But I have no problem with the LE model Stern and JJP are using. In fact, I REALLY want a Hobbit LE but they'll probably all be gone by the time I'm comfortable purchasing one. Yeah, it's kind of a bummer but I don't expect them to change a business model that works just to accomodate me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 12.75
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 100.00
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside