6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by heckheck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Chato.jpg
    Josie2.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    Josie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I may be wrong on this but, I have the feeling that most of us here don't really care if a pin is limited with a plaque and some number on it but, more importantly we want a fully featured pin and possibly the art and bling package of an LE in the case of a theme that we find personally appealing. The problem with LE is that only 400-500 people can get the fully package and thus causing price pressure and feuds within the pinball community.

Now, what if...and keep an open mind please...what if, instead of having an LE that is limited to a small number, they have say a super addition that has all the features, bling, everything for those that want the whole enchilada pin? This would give the collector/player/enthusiast a choice without causing this dilemma of purchasing 6-12 months before the pin is announced, taking the animosity against the hoarders and flippers away and possibly restoring peace to the community once more. All the while Stern can sell as many as the demand fills of its highest margin titles and hopefully avoid future vilification over shorting its suppliers on high demand pins or getting stuck with excess stock of a title that didn’t turn out to be very popular.

Thoughts?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

They already use 'super addition' when they price the LE models.

I didn't know they already were using that name. I guess they could call it something else then. Mega addition, Grand addition, Big Man addition?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

You mean the premium?

No. I mean a super addition. One that has all the extra's but not limited to a small run. That was the point of my post.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

Some are theme centric and want the LE for the specific art/trim package along with the "full" play package.

That's me.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

As long as the premiums offer the same features as the LEs, I don't mind that the LEs are, well, limited. You can get the same game with the premium model at a lower cost. Sure, it's lacking a plaque, but you don't play the plaque.

I guess I'm driving this from the recent MOPLE/METLE experience. In this case it was more than the plaque. It was the cabinet art/backglass/trim that made a decent esthetic difference. The same could be said of BIBLE. Unfortunately, if you want those you’re paying 9-10k for them now or you have to pre-pre-order moving forward. It would be nice to have the option to pay MSRP vs markup for those. But again, I'm coming from a standpoint of a player/collector vs investor. I know there is a growing investor base in this hobby that will wholefully disagree with me. I'm not a big fan of gambling, I just want to have my choice, and that chance to make a sound decision, without getting raped.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

1. Get a premium.
    2. Same gameplay.
    3. Go "bling" it yourself for a lot less

Most likely what I will end up doing since LEs will be long gone anyway. I just hope the art package on the premium is not too atrocious.

#46 6 years ago

Looks like a mix between a beagle and a chiwawa. Cute little guy though.

#67 6 years ago

I think I figured it out now. Just block out (in my mind) the fact that there is an LE and focus only on Premiums and Pros. Makes the whole process simple and more pleasant. You just have to mentally convince yourself that the LE is a hoax and that the premium is the well..premium model. Honestly I didn't really care about the whole LE thing until ST but, in this case I had long planned on ponying up for the best one since it would be my first and maybe only NIB and I love SciFi. I'm already getting over it.

#82 6 years ago

I have an idea how about if you’re not all sugar plum and bubble gum keep your opinions to yourself. Even though this is a discussion forum, we sure don't want anyone coming up with different ideas or opinions, because that may be construed as whining or bitching.

I'm also sure none of us could ever ever have an idea or thought that Stern values or hasent already thought of and tossed in the trash. So, why are we even posting here? Let's just shoot each other pics of our gamerooms.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Since both sides have a point and nothing will help both sides, then why continue to start threads on this stuff. We all get it.

This is a discussion forum, that's what we do, discuss things and it may not always be suitable for you. You have the freedom to avoid threads that contains topics that annoy you. That would be much better than vilifying others that have an different point of view that you’re tired of listening to.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Ok, so I voiced my opinion to discuss....what's the issue then?

LOL...I don't know. I feel like we took a wrong turn somewhere. Anyway..how about that STLE? That suckers gonna be hard core pimp!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 234.99
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.95
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 199.99
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 49.00
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside