6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by heckheck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Chato.jpg
    Josie2.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    Josie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anidor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I guess I'm driving this from the recent MOPLE/METLE experience. In this case it was more than the plaque. It was the cabinet art/backglass/trim that made a decent esthetic difference. The same could be said of BIBLE. Unfortunately, if you want those you’re paying 9-10k for them now or you have to pre-pre-order moving forward. It would be nice to have the option to pay MSRP vs markup for those. But again, I'm coming from a standpoint of a player/collector vs investor. I know there is a growing investor base in this hobby that will wholefully disagree with me. I'm not a big fan of gambling, I just want to have my choice, and that chance to make a sound decision, without getting raped.

I agree with this completely. This is exactly where I fit in... I am a huge Metallica fan, have been for over 25 years, and puppets is my favorite album. I love the look of the LE 10x better than the other versions, and since I have only a small space for games and they are highly visible in my gameroom/theater room, the cab art and backglass DOES matter to me. I had an LE ordered first thing the day the pics were released (I didn't want to order before seeing the art), and my distributor cut me a week later when he got cut by stern. Now I'm SOL. I don't care about the "limited" factor, I don't care about the signature or bragging rights or any of that, and the game would not have left my collection until I was 6 feet under, so I don't care about the resale/investment/whatever. The aesthetics are important to some of us, but now I'm missing out on the one I like best due to investors/hoarders/flippers/etc. who don't give a damn about the theme and that pisses me off. I will likely 'settle' for a premium, and I will love playing the hell out of it I'm sure, but every time I look at it across the room I know I'm gonna think, "Damn, I really wish I could have gotten the one I originally ordered"... and that sucks.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

2900km and 12000CAN and you can buy mine Anidor

No thanks. Can't afford the jacked up "current market" prices on these, and even if I could, I don't think I would do it just on principle. I had agreed to buy it at what I felt was a fair price, had sent in my check, and got cut because Stern 'adjusted' their distributors' orders due to the hysteria and I didn't pre-pre order it before the details were released, since as I said I wanted to be sure to order the one that looked best to me. If I liked the pro or premium art better than the LE, then that's what I would have ordered on day 1. For me it's a piece of furniture in a finished gameroom, not just a box in the corner of a dusty basement.

Now if anyone wants to do a real fan a solid and sell me one at the actual retail price or close to it, then that I would absolutely do. Though for some reason I don't see that happening...

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

I actually want mine, so it's not for sale, unless someone comes and gives me 12kCAN, then it's for sale. Otherwise it will be opened 30 seconds after I get it

That was my plan as well...

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

...i would feel like a real sucker paying a huge mark up for an le in the secondary market, it will never happen.

I agree vex, I won't pay the inflated prices either. Like I said, I'm sure I'll end up with the premium, and I'll play the heck out of it and love every minute of it, but it just irks me that I'm missing out on (IMHO) the best looking one of the lot due to the hysteria over the precious LE designation...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 159.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anidor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside