(Topic ID: 1008)

A "Play with the Pros" panel or one-on-one sessions?

By jonnyo

14 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

molly.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 14 years ago

I was just wondering what people think about a possible future shows
    feature.

I was envisioning a setup where all-comers can schedule say, a 20
    minute session with a tourney player to get one-on-one tips, advice,
    etc. to improve their play.

Is this something that would interest you?

#3 14 years ago

Have you ever played with Molly? She's definitely cute. And wow, she can play! Top qualifier at PPE in the Novice Division.

Seriously, though, I'm talking about maybe having a pro give you tips and strats that can take you to the next level.

molly.jpgmolly.jpg

#11 14 years ago

I think it would be cool. Especially if they watched me play and coached me by telling me what I'm doing wrong or could do better in that situation. Watching them play is a bonus.

----

Yes, exactly. That would be the idea. Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone.

#13 14 years ago

If you mean pinball 101, it is quite good. I definitely recommend it.

In the Playing Tips forum I posted all the skills resources I've found so far on the web, but pinball 101 is probably the best one-stop-shop.

Anyway, the reason I was asking about this is because at shows it seems like many people are apprehensive about approaching the tourney guys, or don't see a good time to do it since they're busy qualifying. However, if there were a system in place it might change that.

#16 14 years ago

Regarding the camera thing, I have an idea for that. I'm thinking of building something out of maybe pvc pipe. It would be like a tall hospital gurney. Then I have my home theater projector to project the game on a screen or wall. Ideally I would like to have two or even three cameras for this setup. One on the playfield, one on the player and one on the display.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-play-with-the-pros-panel-or-one-on-one-sessions?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.