Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

New show today on Stern POTC, with guest David Thiel. We talk about music and sound for the game while I play it.

#2 3 years ago

Good show David Thiel is an Amazing creator and best of the best. Such a talent and great guy. Loved his shout out to Fred Young. Didn't realize he did voice work for this game also. Having had the opportunity to spend some time with Fred at an expo thanks so #LTG he is Certainly a man full of energy and talent. Really appreciate these opportunities to hear the behind the scenes stories from David and his creative insight. My only small suggestion for a great show would be to maybe use the air time with a talent like this to share stories vs let him watch you play a 10 ball game?? lol Just seemed like he had much to share but politely watched you play. All good and thank you for giving us this opportunity to hear Davids magic shared. And Happy Birthday Fred!!!!!

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Good show David Thiel is an Amazing creator and best of the best. Such a talent and great guy. Loved his shout out to Fred Young. Didn't realize he did voice work for this game also. Having had the opportunity to spend some time with Fred at an expo thanks so #LTG he is Certainly a man full of energy and talent. Really appreciate these opportunities to hear the behind the scenes stories from David and his creative insight. My only small suggestion for a great show would be to maybe use the air time with a talent like this to share stories vs let him watch you play a 10 ball game?? lol Just seemed like he had much to share but politely watched you play. All good and thank you for giving us this opportunity to hear Davids magic shared. And Happy Birthday Fred!!!!!

Appreciate the comments, and glad you are enjoying the show. We always begin every episode with back and forth discussion (without gameplay). But there are many reasons to eventually play the game while we continue to talk.

1. Some people like watching the gameplay. And having gameplay and talking at the same time makes the show more interactive...a similar type of interactive experience that David has based his pinball and arcade game career on.
2. I'm trying to get to moments in the game where the music changes or a big sound event happens, and we can then talk about it after I trap the ball with the flippers. For the sake of time, setting the game to 10 balls (with some additional editing) can help me get there faster. If we just talked about these things, you're not going to get the context of how all the interactive music, sound and voice was meant to work in the game.
3. Reaching a musical, SFX or voice callout moment in the game with David watching can trigger additional memories and stories, which makes for a better show.

And David's stories and talks (without playing a game) are all over YouTube. I wanted to do something different, and David liked the idea. Hope that helps in understanding the structure of this particular YouTube series.

Thanks!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Having had the opportunity to spend some time with Fred at an expo thanks so #LTG

That's "to".

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pirates-life-for-david-thiel-in-4k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.