Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PNBLWZD
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

So my family likes me to take them on "day trips" to play pinball. Last weekend we took off to play at a location we'd never been to. The games were in such poor condition, that I've been struggling NOT to post a poor review to warn folks to keep an open mind about the condition of what they will see.

Glaring issues were:
    Machines with absolutely no GI had floor lamps positioned between them so you could see the ball. This includes WOZ believe it or not.

Most every EM had flippers so weak there was no way you could get the ball back to the top of the playfield. Many early SS games had the same issue.

Data Easy games glitched out unplayable during the first ball .

And on and on. It was rampant.

We paid $12.00 each to "play all day" - yet left in less than an hour frustrated by the poor game play. We approached the operator and gingerly asked about a couple of these issues, but were explained to (like we were nubes) that what we were seeing "doesn't affect game play".

Yeah right. I've wanted to post a warning to other players on Google but haven't done so.

Your thoughts?
    Murph

#3 4 years ago

I'd want a heads up before I wasted money...

#4 4 years ago

I usually don’t advocate leaving bad reviews absent truly horrendous treatment; this does appear to be pretty bad so leaving a warning isn’t out of line in my opinion.

#5 4 years ago

This review is useless without naming the place.
    P.s. never heard them called "data easy" games. Funny if intentional, but "y" is right next to "t"....

#6 4 years ago

Gameseum?

#7 4 years ago

If they recently opened I’d mention that in the review.

Maybe they are still in the process of getting everything together? Sometimes you gotta give a place some slack if they earnestly give a damn and simply haven’t figured out a solid plan yet.

Was that the actual operator’s ‘tude or just a part-time attendant?

Otherwise, well, just gotta call it like it is. Of course, no public all you can play venue is going to mirror a diaper-polished, obsessively waxed home collection with total yearly play counts below 300... but only a maniac would expect that.

#8 4 years ago

Otaku’s suspension is about to expire, just in time for the Holidays.

#9 4 years ago

cant be , He has no WOZ

#10 4 years ago

Just say the damn name already

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:Just say the damn name already

In pinball club we have no names.

#12 4 years ago

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

So my family likes me to take them on "day trips" to play pinball. Last weekend we took off to play at a location we'd never been to. The games were in such poor condition, that I've been struggling NOT to post a poor review to warn folks to keep an open mind about the condition of what they will see.
    Glaring issues were:
    Machines with absolutely no GI had floor lamps positioned between them so you could see the ball. This includes WOZ believe it or not.
    Most every EM had flippers so weak there was no way you could get the ball back to the top of the playfield. Many early SS games had the same issue.
    Data Easy games glitched out unplayable during the first ball .
    And on and on. It was rampant.
    We paid $12.00 each to "play all day" - yet left in less than an hour frustrated by the poor game play. We approached the operator and gingerly asked about a couple of these issues, but were explained to (like we were nubes) that what we were seeing "doesn't affect game play".
    Yeah right. I've wanted to post a warning to other players on Google but haven't done so.
    Your thoughts?
    Murph

Ok you went to the place in ashville or Hendersonville North Carolina?

#14 4 years ago

Name the place!!

#15 4 years ago

Personally I have been to the place in Asheville as recent as a year and a half ago and it was pretty decent. Favorite is still the silver ball in Asbury Park but the Asheville place wasn’t bad in my opinion

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

This review is useless without naming the place.
    P.s. never heard them called "data easy" games. Funny if intentional, but "y" is right next to "t"....

My fat finger on a kindle. Lol

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

If they recently opened I’d mention that in the review.
    Maybe they are still in the process of getting everything together? Sometimes you gotta give a place some slack if they earnestly give a damn and simply haven’t figured out a solid plan yet.
    Was that the actual operator’s ‘tude or just a part-time attendant?
    Otherwise, well, just gotta call it like it is. Of course, no public all you can play venue is going to mirror a diaper-polished, obsessively waxed home collection with total yearly play counts below 300... but only a maniac would expect that.

It's been open for at minimum a year or more. I spoke with the owners son who was managing the establishment on a Sunday afternoon. Their actual attitude.was pretty nice, and many issues I questioned only real pinball players would notice. But they "appreciated me pointing things out , and they would look into the issues". I think when you have floor lamps illuminating playfields, you know what the issues are. ; )

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Ok you went to the place in ashville or Hendersonville North Carolina?

Yep. The APM in Hendersonville NC

#19 4 years ago

I made a mistake in my original post. It wasnt the Data East Simpson's glitching out but the Stern Simpson's Pinball Party. Apologies.

#20 4 years ago

"I like my WOZ on permanent lights out mode"

#21 4 years ago

I don’t like writing bad reviews, and will normally just not write anything instead. However, in this case since the person on site kinda blew you off, maybe at least a neutral review sharing your less than stellar experience will save others from making a long trip for the same disappointment

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pinball-museum-so-terrible-you-want-to-post-a-poor-review?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.