Heat-miser.png
275531-i.jpg
winner.JPG
image-375.jpg
275531.jpg
image.jpg
radiopinball217.jpg
radiopinball167.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 9 years ago

I rarely go into radioshack any more.

If I'm in a bind and need an audio connector or some other common component for a repair that can't wait, I'll get it there. Otherwise, things are cheaper online.

I did notice that the radioshacks near me started supplying arduino stuff, which was kind of interesting. To me, that means they are trying to get back to their hobbyist roots a little bit.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Radio Shack in Canada is now called 'The Source', it has been that way for more than 10 years. There are not that many left. I have read some were that for 2014 R.S. in the USA was trying to close Company owned locations, approx. 1700 stores. Is the Tandy and Realatistic brand still used?
I think the last one I was in, I was buying fuses, and a battery holder. The guy mentioned that they were having a battery sale. A whopping huge $7.00 purchase.

In the US, they tried rebranding Radioshack as "The Shack" a few years back. It didn't really stick.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

You guys really came on this thread to bash Radio Shack? Did you see what is happening INSIDE a Radio Shack? They are GIVING AWAY A FRICKEN Iron Man! This is cool as hell!

Between it being radioshack, and the alleged reputation of Kaneda, I think that kind of distracted everyone.

It sounds like the IM will be routed for a month, then given away as a tournament prize.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

does IM come with a cell phone plan?

No, no no....you have it backwards. You have to buy a cell phone plan first, *then* you can enter for a chance to win

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LEAVE RADIO SHACK ALONE!
Yes...a markup of 15 percent. Might have something to do with the rent they pay.
Sometimes you need a diode. You don't have the luxury of waiting a couple days for it to show up. 15% markup is well worth it in those cases.
I feel bad for Radio Shack. You people are ungrateful. What about all of those free batteries you got over the years? WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!?!?!

I never got any free batteries or children from Radioshack. It seems I missed out

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Lastly guys, none of this is about me, it's about giving something of value back to the community. I worked hard for months to make this happen and in the end, someone who loves pinball is going to get an Iron Man vault Edition. That's why we're doing this. Now go play and see if you can put up 50,000,000! Peace,
Kaneda

And that alone is pretty cool that you were able to arrange this.

Off topic: Why is Dis_Pinballer downvoting everything?

[edit]: Oh, I see...he was the one who made the NSFW post that everybody tilted. So now he's lashing out by downvoting everybody regardless of post content

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Radio Shack may well be out of business before the finals. Circling the drain.

That's been a common thought for years, but they're still hanging on.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If people don't like the way OP is handling promotion just buy a NIB/get with Stern and work out a deal with your local Radio Shack or other retailer and make up the rules your way. The pin is on free play, anyone can walk in and play and if you post top score you win it. Im sorry but these suggestions about raffles are stupid.

Well, not everybody is a top player. I enjoy pinball, and am a pretty good player on my own, but if you put me up against folks actually competing, I fall far short. Part of the reason being that I don't have access to real machines that are working and leveled properly. Folks who get top scores usually already have easy access to machines and hundreds of hours of practice. There's basically no chance that I can compete against that. (Disclaimer: Even though I own two machines, I have yet to actually play them even once because they need to be fully restored)

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Everybody = 4 Tilts and 6 Down Thumbs
You need to learn how to count.
You are the Prude Police.
You are the biggest tilter on this site.
Grow a pair.

"Everybody" in the general sense. Obviously I can only give out 1 tilt/vote, so quite a few other folks besides me found it inappropriate. A moderator even removed the NSFW image. I wouldn't have even given this a second thought except for the fact that you were abusing the downvote system after your post was tilted.

Typically, I try to keep things PG-13 on a public forum, since it's just that--public. Not everyone here has yet reached the age of consent. What you do away from the public eye is up to you, though.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

You are always tilting people.
Abusing the downvote system...

People downvote others for all kinds of reasons on here.
Go join Romper Room...

I can tell that you are unhappy with the collective opinion on your post. If you want to make immature and inappropriate posts, I'm sure there are plenty of outlets for that on the wild, wild west that we call the Internet. I'm sorry that you discovered that this form of humor was not well received here. Hopefully you've now experienced where where that line is, and have an idea of what will fly and what won't.

On pinside, all I'm simply hoping to do is share my enthusiasm for pinball with others who have the same (or greater) enthusiasm for it. I'd rather not bicker about this.

3 weeks later
#189 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I stopped by Radio Shack this morning and put a few games on the IM. It looks like it's been on route for ages. It must have 5,000-10,000 plays.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It sounds like the IM will be routed for a month, then given away as a tournament prize.

Welp, looks like I called that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pinball-delivered-to-radioshack?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.