Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heresyourcookie.jpg
tilt-1.jpg
th-1-537.jpeg
radio shack.jpg
tilt.jpg
image.jpg
275496.jpg
th-1-904.jpeg
Heat-miser.png
275531-i.jpg
winner.JPG
image-375.jpg
275531.jpg
image.jpg
radiopinball217.jpg
radiopinball167.jpg

There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Off topic: Why is Dis_Pinballer downvoting everything?
[edit]: Oh, I see...he was the one who made the NSFW post that everybody tilted. So now he's lashing out by downvoting everybody regardless of post content

Everybody = 4 Tilts and 6 Down Thumbs
You need to learn how to count.
You are the Prude Police.
You are the biggest tilter on this site.
Grow a pair.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Everybody = 4 Tilts and 6 Down Thumbs
You need to learn how to count.
You are the Prude Police.
You are the biggest tilter on this site.
Grow a pair.

"Everybody" in the general sense. Obviously I can only give out 1 tilt/vote, so quite a few other folks besides me found it inappropriate. A moderator even removed the NSFW image. I wouldn't have even given this a second thought except for the fact that you were abusing the downvote system after your post was tilted.

Typically, I try to keep things PG-13 on a public forum, since it's just that--public. Not everyone here has yet reached the age of consent. What you do away from the public eye is up to you, though.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

"Everybody" in the general sense. Obviously I can only give out 1 tilt/vote, so quite a few other folks besides me found it inappropriate. A moderator even removed the NSFW image. I wouldn't have even given this a second thought except for the fact that you were abusing the downvote system.
Typically, I try to keep things PG-13 on a public forum, since it's just that--public. Not everyone here has yet reached the age of consent. What you do away from the public eye is up to you.

You are always tilting people.
Abusing the downvote system...

People downvote others for all kinds of reasons on here.
Go join Romper Room...

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The pin is on free play, anyone can walk in and play and if you post top score you win it.

That is not true at all.

Why don't you get your facts straight before you post?

#155 5 years ago

Abusing the downvote system...

People downvote others for all kinds of reasons on here.
Go join Romper Room...

I can tell that you are unhappy with the collective opinion on your post. If you want to make immature and inappropriate posts, I'm sure there are plenty of outlets for that on the wild, wild west that we call the Internet. I'm sorry that you discovered that this form of humor was not well received here. Hopefully you've now experienced where where that line is, and have an idea of what will fly and what won't.

On pinside, all I'm simply hoping to do is share my enthusiasm for pinball with others who have the same (or greater) enthusiasm for it. I'd rather not bicker about this.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can tell that you are unhappy with the collective opinion on your post. If you want to make immature and inappropriate posts, I'm sure there are plenty of outlets for that on the wild, wild west that we call the Internet. I'm sorry that you discovered that this form of humor was not well received here. Hopefully you've now experienced where where that line is, and have an idea of what will fly and what won't.
On pinside, all I'm simply hoping to do is share my enthusiasm for pinball with others who have the same (or greater) enthusiasm for it. I'd rather not bicker about this.

Unhappy...
You are the one making a federal case.
I laughed after downvoting you.
You were the one that made an issue about the downvote.
You need to grow a pair because you tilt a lot of people.
A few people had a problem with my joke.
I am really upset about a few internet people.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Raffles almost always turn people off and i'd much rather live in a world where I can play to win vs just be randomly selected. But that's just my opinion.

There are literally hundreds of raffle ticket holders at Calif Extreme every year jammed in together at the drawing time hoping to win a game and the vast majority could never have won a prize in the tournament. It made it fun for everyone to get a chance. I like that Radio Shack is doing a promotion like this, but I would be bummed knowing winning it isn't possible at my skill level.

#159 5 years ago

Yes and I applaud him for that. Please go and read the Pinside FAQ concerning TILTs.

Just to be clear: TILTing is not a bad thing. It is there to help people (who choose to do so) to auto-hide stuff that could get them into problems, e.g. when viewing the forum at their workplace. The TILT system is what allows Pinside to have some pictures that would otherwise be unacceptable for a public forum.

In fact, you are expected to self-TILT your post if it contains NSFW content or images like the one you just posted.

This has nothing to do with being prude or wether or not people enjoy the image you posted. It's simply a common courtesy system, designed to give people a heads up: "hey this content posted here could be viewed by some as inappropriate/NSFW".

It's up to you to decide where to set your TILT threshold (in your forum settings screen):

tilt.jpg

Note that continued failure to self-TILT your NSFW posts could lead to a site ban. We expect everyone to cooperate with this sytem.

Lastly, if someone is TILTing your posts while they do not contain NSFW content, please notify a moderator. Abuse of the TILT system is a serious offense and most likely a cause to be banned form this site.

Hope that clarifies things.

#160 5 years ago

I've corrected this for you

radio shack.jpg

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Very simple:.

How many do you want in your playoffs? let's say 16.

You let people play for the month. At the end of the month you take the top 16 scores. 1 plays 16, 2 plays 15, 3 plays 14, etc in the first round, then you take the same logic for whom makes it through to the next round.

I actually set the 50 million qualifying mark with the expectation that would yield ~16 qualifiers, so if that happens the tournament will unfold exactly the way you mention (all top 16 scores will be over 50 million anyway).

There were logistical issues that the IFPA had to work out with Radio Shack, and setting the minimum qualifying score allowed the employees to not have to worry about recording every single score, and updating the standings early and often.

Players can continue to try and qualify with a better score to get a better seeding, and if for some reason we don't find 16 qualifiers that can hit 50 million the top qualifiers will end up getting byes through the first round.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Yes and I applaud him for that. Please go and read the Pinside FAQ concerning TILTs.
Just to be clear: TILTing is not a bad thing. It is there to help people (who choose to do so) to auto-hide stuff that could get them into problems, e.g. when viewing the forum at their workplace. The TILT system is what allows Pinside to have some pictures that would otherwise be unacceptable for a public forum.
In fact, you are expected to self-TILT your post if it contains NSFW content or images like the one you just posted.
This has nothing to do with being prude or wether or not people enjoy the image you posted. It's simply a common courtesy system, designed to give people a heads up: "hey this content posted here could be viewed by some as inappropriate/NSFW".
It's up to you to decide where to set your TILT threshold (in your forum settings screen):

Note that continued failure to self-TILT your NSFW posts could lead to a site ban. We expect everyone to cooperate with this sytem.
Lastly, if someone is TILTing your posts while they do not contain NSFW content, please notify a moderator. Abuse of the TILT system is a serious offense and most likely a cause to be banned form this site.

This is a great reminder of what the tilt is really for. Thanks Robin. I suppose there were a few pics I should have tilted myself after posting! It just seems my threshold for tolerance may be different than others!

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

There are literally hundreds of raffle ticket holders at Calif Extreme every year jammed in together at the drawing time hoping to win a game and the vast majority could never have won a prize in the tournament. It made it fun for everyone to get a chance. I like that Radio Shack is doing a promotion like this, but I would be bummed knowing winning it isn't possible at my skill level.

Circle the bases, my friend. Absolute home run of a post. I wonder if TJ could tell us how much that raffle brings in, too. I'm sure it was a pretty sizable amount.

If raffles turn people off, then I should be prime to win the TWO brand new homes that come up for raffle every year from two different organizations here in my town! Two $400,000 homes, each with the potential price tag of $100. I can see how that'd turn people off....yeah right.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That is not true at all.

If it isn't true, why don't you tell me the truth then.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The pin is on free play, anyone can walk in and play and if you post top score you win it.

Quoted from vid1900:

That is not true at all.

Quoted from ZenTron:

If it isn't true, why don't you tell me the truth then.

You don't walk in, post the high score, and then win it.

You qualify by getting a score over 50mil, THEN that qualifies you for the finals, THEN you enter a tournament.

So you have to realistically live somewhere close so you can make multiple trips to that Radioshack.

If you read the OP posts on the first page, you would know this:

Quoted from kaneda:

• To qualify, players must score 50,000,000 points or more
• 16 qualifiers will be invited back for the finals on September 20, 2014
• Finalists will enter a bracket tournament until one winner emerges

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from robin:

tilt.jpg 16 KB

Seriously, the picture above should be "tilted"? Have you ever seen British or American television or mainstream print media? Or, good looking females walking around the downtown area of a cosmopolitan city in almost all parts of the world. I realize the Middle East has religious rules prohibiting such exposure.

#167 5 years ago

I'm from Holland, so I'm used to quite a lot. This is not about your level of tolerance. The picture is not the point. The point is that it's a courtesy to your fellow Pinside visitors to TILT a post if it may contain stuff that would be considered NSFW. It doesn't hurt anyone, it's only there to help some who are, for example, working at a school, at a bank or who simply want to browse Pinside while sitting on the living room couch with the wife and kids. It's a simple click of the mouse to TILT something (or unhide it for that matter) and as such it would be great if everyone would participate.

#168 5 years ago

Updated standings are available here:

http://blog.radioshack.com/2014/08/contest-radioshack-loves-pinball/

Current Qualifiers:
Andrei Massenkoff – 212,823,770
Chris Heilig – 117,373,790
Neil Shatz – 113,387,050
Hal Erickson – 68.982,300
Aaron Nelson – 65,075,540
Devon Kelly – 56,131,970

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Seriously, the picture above should be "tilted"?

Yes.

Tilting is not a "bad" thing, nor is it negative. It's not a censorship thing, either.

Some people want to see racy stuff, and some people don't. The tilt helps keep things family-friendly for those that want it...and your individual tilt settings allow you to see whatever you want.

Pete

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Yes.
Tilting is not a "bad" thing, nor is it negative. It's not a censorship thing, either.
Some people want to see racy stuff, and some people don't. The tilt helps keep things family-friendly for those that want it...and your individual tilt settings allow you to see whatever you want.
Pete

Well, I want to see "racy" stuff. I just scrolled through the four pages of posts i this thread and find nothing "racy". No time to search post by post.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You don't walk in, post the high score, and then win it.
You qualify by getting a score over 50mil, THEN that qualifies you for the finals, THEN you enter a tournament.
So you have to realistically live somewhere close so you can make multiple trips to that Radioshack.
If you read the OP posts on the first page, you would know this:

So you walk in twice and post the top score and win it. The 16 qualifiers are the finalists who compete in tournament.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

So you walk in twice and post the top score and win it. The 16 qualifiers are the finalists who compete in tournament.

The logic of what you're saying is going in a weird order. It's "So you walk in twice and post the top score", then "The (top) 16 qualifiers (who at least scored over 50 million) are the finalists who compete in (the) tournament (finals).", Then, "(You beat everyone in the tournament finals) and win it."

A lot of people in the upper half of the player pool in the Bay Area seems to be giving it a shot. My FB feed seems to have an update on it at least once a day. I guarantee no one is just going to waltz in and take it home without a fight.

#173 5 years ago

Hey guys,

here's a link that shows the qualifiers as of now. As someone said, it's not going to be easy to win the machine.

http://blog.radioshack.com/2014/08/contest-radioshack-loves-pinball/

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I'm from Holland, so I'm used to quite a lot.

Did you ever see a little Dutch boy stick his finger into a dyke?

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you ever see a little Dutch boy stick his finger into a dyke?

Wow

#176 5 years ago

You've seen that video too?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#178 5 years ago

hehe

tilt-1.jpg

#179 5 years ago

I'd like to have watched the dude that scored over 200M on IM. In a Radio Shack. Jesus.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I'd like to have watched the dude that scored over 200M on IM. In a Radio Shack. Jesus.

Watch some PAPA videos... you'll see plenty of Andrei Massenkoff playing

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I watched Andrei put up over 2 billion on TAF a couple months ago. He is basically not human.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, but I read the book.

th-1-537.jpeg 5 KB

Quoted from o-din:

No, but I read the book.

th-1-537.jpeg 5 KB

There is a difference between dyke and dike.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There is a difference between dyke and dike.

is there?

#184 5 years ago

Yeah. One wears the pants in the family. Not my family.

2 weeks later
#185 5 years ago

FYI for anyone in the area, we're working with the production company that produces HBO's VICE program. They are filming a piece on pinball and are planning to be at the Radio Shack tomorrow (best guess for timing would be between 11am-1pm).

They are hoping to catch some people trying to qualify, so if you're interested in being included in the filming, feel free to show up and help make the vibe feel more alive.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

FYI for anyone in the area, we're working with the production company that produces HBO's VICE program. They are filming a piece on pinball and are planning to be at the Radio Shack tomorrow (best guess for timing would be between 11am-1pm).
They are hoping to catch some people trying to qualify, so if you're interested in being included in the filming, feel free to show up and help make the vibe feel more alive.

that would be cool to go be a part of...

#187 5 years ago

Thank you to the guys who showed up today to play in front of VICE. Very cool. Can't wait to see who goes home with the machine. It's such a fun game to play.

#188 5 years ago

I stopped by Radio Shack this morning and put a few games on the IM. It looks like it's been on route for ages. It must have 5,000-10,000 plays. On the bright side, it still plays 100%. Kudos to Stern for putting out another reliable game. Great prize for the winner.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I stopped by Radio Shack this morning and put a few games on the IM. It looks like it's been on route for ages. It must have 5,000-10,000 plays.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It sounds like the IM will be routed for a month, then given away as a tournament prize.

Welp, looks like I called that one.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Welp, looks like I called that one.

heresyourcookie.jpg

#191 5 years ago

Live bracket for the finals going down now:

http://live.brackelope.com/t/yjm24/

#192 5 years ago

Congrats, Andrei!

#193 5 years ago

Should have known Trent to travel all the way to Ca for a machine. Job well done getting 2nd in all that competition.

#194 5 years ago

I called Andrei when it started. Massenkoff, Shatz or Elwin was my picks... I had no idea Weapon X was going out there to try and win it

#195 5 years ago

I just want them to let me find out that the part I need is not in the little drawers myself without the interrogation. "No, you cannot help me".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 399.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside