(Topic ID: 229482)

A pin you can’t get enough of

By Bud

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

IMDN. Epic. Brilliant. Awesome.

#52 5 years ago

JJP POTC is growing on me, have played a half dozen times and it was fun. You may still be in the honeymoon stage only owning it for a month but I agree once a game captures you, it literally draws you in. For me it is Star Wars LE and GOT Pro, I love the challenge of trying to progress further. I have owned for over a year now and still have the same excitement as the day I opened it.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

JJP POTC is growing on me, have played a half dozen times and it was fun. You may still be in the honeymoon stage only owning it for a month but I agree once a game captures you, it literally draws you in. For me it is Star Wars LE and GOT Pro, I love the challenge of trying to progress further. I have owned for over a year now and still have the same excitement as the day I opened it.

I hear you on the honeymoon phase, but that’s typically over in a week or so with me

#54 5 years ago

My 81 Eight Ball Deluxe. I play it every time I go to the gameroom.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I hear you on the honeymoon phase, but that’s typically over in a week or so with me

If Bud is giving JJP POTC the thumbs up-I need to check it out more!

Right now I have Munsters on my Radar, and I want a Big Labowski(this hobby is more addicting than crack)

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

If Bud is giving JJP POTC the thumbs up-I need to check it out more!
    Right now I have Munsters on my Radar, and I want a Big Labowski(this hobby is more addicting than crack)

It’s insane man, I sound like a fanboy but facts are facts.

P.S.
    I want my ST:TNG back, still have it?

#57 5 years ago

The games I can’t get enough of are the newest game in my collection and TWD

#58 5 years ago

WH20 are we there yet?

#59 5 years ago

I’m really having a blast with Cirqus Voltaire . The ringmaster battle is awesome. My kids love to see who can join the cirqus first . If you don’t have the home rom in this game your really missing out .

#60 5 years ago

Flash Gordon.

I love playing Dialed in, SW, IMDN... But straight numbers i can play at least 4 games of flash Gordon for 2 of the others and once it starts its hard to stop.

#61 5 years ago

No matter how many times I pick up Gorbie and crew, it never gets old ringing that bell for the jackpot.

#62 5 years ago

No love for TSPP? That is a game I cant get sick of.

#63 5 years ago

Right now JJP potc, super deep, great shots, lots of multi ball modes, but I will always go back to Star Trek. Its not really deep, but super fast and flow's great. I can never get enough of, " Jim, I'm a doctor not a pinball wizard"!

#64 5 years ago

Alien Star. That almost unobtainable 50x spinner shot is like crack.

My other is Super Orbit. Run the bonus up to 199,000 and try and get the lucky bounce into the collect gate. I think it's mostly the sound associated with a max bonus that gets your heart going. You have to hear it to understand.

#65 5 years ago

I still can't get enough Dialed In. I'm hoping to be able to jump on the Pirates train when it hits the 2nd hand market.

#66 5 years ago

Max bonus, max multipliers... yes that sweet countup meltdown... one of the most satisfying sounds (other than the knocker) in pinball untill the machines started talking back to us (“Super Jaaaaaaackpoooooot!”). And to precede the knocker with the meltdown and have the bonus count stop just as the knocker knocks... no better feeling in pinball except when all that happens as the machine turns over... that was the ultimate pinball moment... your first turnover.

And also the exact same moment for our worst sole crushing pinball moment as well... you just drained your last extra ball on ball three and the max bonus count starts... you look up at your score and you feel hope, you look at the bonus count, you watch it count up and it ends at 999990- Game Over lights up, your stomach sinks, and you just stare at the backglass and the hard reality. “Oh well”, you say and reach for the credit button...

#67 5 years ago

For me, there are a few I select from the 150 or so available for me to choose on a daily basis (between local route games and home stuff).

I find I most regularly go to FT, Congo, TNA, Frontier, and Spacestation lately.

This changes for me, but all of those are good staples.

I will go on kicks of playing other stuff all the time, but these are regulars.

DI is close behind but I dont have access to it as often. Looking forward to more time on JJP POTC also.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from MMGB:

I’m diggin’ X-men LE right now. Can’t get enough of it.

For games that I own, X-Men LE and RBION are the ones I can't get enough of. They are deep, difficult and challenging which keeps me coming back for more.

For a game that I don't own, I couldn't agree with JJP Pirates more. I find myself sneaking over to SS Billiards during lunch to get a couple of games in. I have access to basically every new release and the majority of the older games on route locally here, many of the new ones I could even play for free if I wanted to, but I still choose to pay $1.00 per play to play Pirates instead. I can't think of any new game in recent history that held my attention even half as much.

#69 5 years ago

I’d have to say DI and AC/DC Luci
    Takes up all my time lately!

#70 5 years ago

TWD LE, Tron LE and Alien LE. When I’m home, these three are the ones I always play.

#71 5 years ago

While I do not have one at home, JJPoTC is a game I have played about 150+ times on location, and I have not even scratched the surface. Not only is it a very deep game thanks to Keith Johnson’s incredible ruleset, but the shots and layout of the game is nearly perfect. Every shot is fun to hit, and it is the one pin that I keep going back to over and over again. The hidden shot beneath the flipper is great, and that loop shot is the best I’ve ever played.

I am anxiously awaiting Eric Meunier’s next title, because this is such an incredible pin designed by a first time game designer.

#72 5 years ago

North Star. pretty hard to get that special lit but if you do and you can manage to get the ball up there inside the 5 pop bumpers, it sounds like youre listening to a fireworks display!
    oh and my Walking Dead Pro, the only game that Ive ever owned, but mostly Ive owned EMs, that I dont understand and probably never will.

#73 5 years ago

I just keep pushing "Start" on Firepower and (lately) Alien Poker.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#74 5 years ago

DEMO MAN

next time Phoenix.... OHhhhh Im sooo scared

#76 5 years ago

DI. Love it. Started playing it daily when I first got it in late June or early July... can't remember which... and I haven't stopped since.

Then again, there's very few machines I turn my nose to because I'm bored with them, but this is the one machine I seek out each and every day. I don't think it'll ever get old at this rate.

I played JJP POTC. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. I'll have to give it another shot sometime. How they managed to build such a complex and solid machine for only 8500 I'll never know.

For a non-DMD game, I can't get enough Black Knight. Keep the ball in the upper playfield, but then it falls and now you got some options. Go for the bonus? Try to lateral pass to an inlane to light the ramps? Just put it back in the playfield? The ball is about to go out, USE THE MAGNET! Lock the balls, get that awesome multiball going...... damn I love that game.

Like I said though, there's very few that I avoid (I'm lookin at you, Space Shuttle).

#77 5 years ago

A cleaned up space shuttle is pretty much pinball perfection to me.

#78 5 years ago

Iron maiden though. New game, great game.

#79 5 years ago

Iron Maiden and Metallica.

#80 5 years ago

JJP potc, holy smokes this pin is addictive! Stacked multi ball is insane along with light show!

#81 5 years ago

Dialed In and Walking Dead pro. I don’t see these 2 games ever leaving my collection.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pin-you-cant-get-enough-of/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.