Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,233 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73438495999__0F9FEA15-F08F-46F5-BAA1-BE81E2155E1D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2584 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2582 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2585 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2588 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    PXL_20240414_161016594 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240414_160018524 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240413_073225467 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240414_013154247 (resized).jpg
    snake127 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6319 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RWH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

What's a DUI plate? I'm assuming it's to identify someone that got arrested for DUI? Is it just a different color or something? I don't see any text on the plate saying DUI.

They are pink lettered here in Ohio. The worst thing about that law is when they are caught the plate goes on the vehicle rather it's theirs or someone else who owns it. So if you allow someone to use your car and they get caught you will be driving around with that plate for at least a year and it's a magnet for cops to pull you over for probable cause.

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Leave it to Ohio!

This what it looks like, yellow background with pinkish red letters

Plate (resized).jpgPlate (resized).jpg
    #297 5 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Slab yard at a steel mill.

No fence nothing but then it's not like they worry someone will run off with one eh.

1 week later
    #321 5 years ago

Where's the still? Can't have corn without moonshine.

1 week later
    #329 5 years ago

Doc do you have a lot of sycamore trees on your property? Love the look of the bone white and peeling bark. I like paper birch trees, very similar to Sycamores in that they peel and their trunks can vary from crème white to light pink. If you have any take some shots of them, preferably in good light. I regularly search for them to place in paintings.

11 months later
    #508 4 years ago

When's the last time you saw one of these out your window.
    King (resized).pngKing (resized).pngQuick (resized).pngQuick (resized).png

#511 4 years ago

Look for King Kwik brothers, they were the start. I used to love their ice's especially the blue ones.

3 months later
    #591 3 years ago

Picture of Chateau Laroche, it's a castle in Loveland Ohio that I grew up playing in and around as it sits next to the Little Miami River. Harry Andrews built this.

1458512203738 (resized).jpg1458512203738 (resized).jpg1458512203904 (resized).jpg1458512203904 (resized).jpg1458512204249 (resized).jpg1458512204249 (resized).jpg
    #598 3 years ago

Casper eating his breakfast, been coming for over 4yrs everyday.

1465902008551 (resized).jpg1465902008551 (resized).jpgIMG_20160519_094306_437 (resized).jpgIMG_20160519_094306_437 (resized).jpg
    #600 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lostcause:

West Wales and a mad Thai Ridgeback!

Beautiful dog!

#601 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waderade812:

Marty out on a unlucky fishing trip. Not a bite

Is that the White Water River? Caught many, many bass on that river and the creek as well.

1 week later
    #607 3 years ago

My decorative pond is completely overflowing due to the massive amounts of rain here.

Flood1 (resized).pngFlood1 (resized).pngFlood2 (resized).pngFlood2 (resized).pngflood (resized).pngflood (resized).png
    #608 3 years ago

this is what it looks like pre-flooded lol.

20190527_102143 (resized).jpg20190527_102143 (resized).jpg
    #612 3 years ago
    Quoted from MSLONEKER:

oh my gosh. i had one down the street from me in Hamilton Ohio. The reason i had so many cavities as a kid. i use to play defender there and eat candy all day long.

I put most of my quarters in the asteroids and missile command.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Are there fish in there??

I used to have fish in it but the neighborhood kids fed them to much and would screw my filtration up so I gave them to my brother who has a real pond at his home. Later I put bluegills in it to use for bait and would let my 2yr old grandson at that time fish for them. He loved catching them and now at 16 he's my steady fishing partner.

#613 3 years ago
    Quoted from MSLONEKER:

i had one down the street from me in Hamilton Ohio

My grandmother lived in Hamilton an area known as five points. Hustled a lot of pool back then at the 8ball pool hall down the road from grandmas.

1 week later
    #630 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Super tiny box turtle on my lawn

Do you have blackberry bushes or strawberry near by? Growing up my brother and I would hunt them in the blackberry patches when they were in season.

#632 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Played some golf today, had to put my beer down for a moment to enjoy the view (and tee off)

All that place needs is a fisherman and oh, your beer.

1 week later
    #639 3 years ago

Not out my window but at the lake when tourney fishing.

20200608_073959 (resized).jpg20200608_073959 (resized).jpg20200608_074007 (resized).jpg20200608_074007 (resized).jpg
    #642 3 years ago

I would have smashed that spider the moment after I took that pic!

#649 3 years ago

Had a little help at the lake this morning.

20200614_113901[490] (resized).jpg20200614_113901[490] (resized).jpg20200614_113907[489] (resized).jpg20200614_113907[489] (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #673 3 years ago

Caught a trespasser in my backyard this morn. He was trying to set up a den under my shed but thankfully my dogs alerted me to it Sat. Took only a little cantaloupe and some patience and viola got him in my live trap and now relocating him to an area down by Millcrest creek. I'm sure most are familiar with how much damage ground hogs can do if left to their own devices for very long. Chucky will have a new home now.

Phil (resized).jpgPhil (resized).jpgPhil1 (resized).jpgPhil1 (resized).jpg

#675 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My lunch buddy;

Is that a good fishing area of the creek? I always wanted to retire with a home that has a lake on it.

#683 3 years ago

White tailed dear in my neighbors yard qualify? Not really lol.
    deerbehind (resized).jpgdeerbehind (resized).jpg

#688 3 years ago

Daditude do you fish in that lake? Looks like a great place for some largemouth.

#690 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where's the gator at? I know hes in there somewhere!

I don't see any regular gators but Texas has a lot of those huge alligator snapping turtles that look like they came straight out of a dinosaur movie

#691 3 years ago
    Quoted from chriz99:

617C7F36-5177-4705-9A55-7399085381E6 (resized).jpeg

Looks like a great place to relax and enjoy life!

#705 3 years ago

Was at the lake fishing again and saw these Turkey buzzards sitting on this dead tree and it made me think of the old Louis Lamar western book covers. The old west with the buzzards perched on the dead tree just waiting for you to fall over.......lol Sorry couldn't get closer so may have to blow in up some.

Western1 (resized).jpgWestern1 (resized).jpgwestern2 (resized).jpgwestern2 (resized).jpg
    #709 3 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Keeping with the bird theme. . .

The hummingbirds are non stop at the nectar feeder this year.

I'm jealous Tdoc I put out feeders for them 3-4 years running and except for a very "rare appearance" of one or two at most a season they just won't hang in my area. They are the most awe inspiring birds with their iridescent plumage and unparalleled agility in the air.

#711 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

We have a little wren in our yard and she's very territorial and keeping the hummers away.

You know with your mention that the wren is pushing them out that could be my problem here. I have a Mocking bird pair that nest in my front yard every year for at least 6 years and they are very territorial. I guess I never thought of it as the feeders were in the back yard and I tend to think of it as separate which they do not. Makes sense now as I've noticed less and less Cardinals and the little red, blue, and yellow fiches that fed in my back yard. Likely those Mocking birds feed and rule back there as well. Next year I'll put a feeder out front and see if giving the Mocking birds a food source closer will keep them out of the back.

1 week later
    #729 3 years ago

Is that a Black Bear? Doesn't look large enough for a grizzly.

#735 3 years ago

Man there are so many great lakes to fish in where you live. When my father was alive we used to go there and fish the finger lakes system damn near every year. A small one when compared with most known as Three Finger Lake was one of the best bass lakes I've ever fished in and that says a lot considering I fish the Great Lakes. I've been going to Michigan 1-2 times a year since my dad passed it's time to go back and relive the best moments of my life in Minnesota with my grandson. Thanks for the post skin91 it brought back a flood of great memories and reminded me how much I've slacked on keeping that tradition alive.

#737 3 years ago

This is the retirement spot of my dreams

spring cover2 (resized).jpgspring cover2 (resized).jpg
    #739 3 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

Relaxing on the front deck

Absolutely awesome view to have year round, sure would be relaxing.

#746 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Is that place close to home? The pond looks like it may be getting fairly constant fresh water..

No I think it is in Tenn. just some of the places we were looking at some time back. they wanted 650,000 for that, above my retired paygrade.

#747 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Thought they hauled those inside? Those post race I guess?

Those looked like dirt track cars but maybe not.

#770 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Nice! I bought a home in Williams, Az and one day next month I hope to get there and do some shooting.
    Last year was rough, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor on 7/27 and my wife died on 8/12.
    Brain surgery on 6/17/20 so my 6 weeks for recovery are up.

Sorry to hear you've had to endure so much tragedy in such a small time frame, it's a testament to your personal will and strength you have just not turned your back on life itself.. I just can't fathom how much of a struggle life has imposed on you yet you still remain positive and eager to engage with us by sharing positive moments in your life as it moves forward. Mine and my families prayers go out to you that your life will continue on a positive coarse, your strength is an inspiration for all to emulate when life knocks us down. God bless you as you strike out on your own.

#774 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Here's a couple pics of what used to be a small town by me taken while flying down the highway. The town had some pretty smart engineers/planners back in the day. The road is open during the winter

Why did they abandon or close the town off?

#775 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Nice! I bought a home in Williams, Az

I am digging the hell out of your stump carvings! I tried to talk my wife into doing that when I brought down the American Holley in our front yard but she was hearing none of it and just wanted tree, stump and all gone.

#779 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It's under water ?

LTG : )

Saw the water but I just assumed it was a lake the road ran by but you may be right it's all under water.

#786 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Decided to drive down and see my dad in Tennessee

Jay please say you and your Dad fished there? Wow looks so peaceful the only sound acceptable would be the Largemouth as he broke water. Enjoy it brother Dad's are not around forever.

#788 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Nice visitor this morning on the Chesapeake Bay.

Is that a fishing rod I see on the boat in the foreground or a radio antenna? I can't help but think fishing anytime I see big water like that you and Jay show in the pic's. Looks like a great place to retire.

#789 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah, world class striper fishing, going to go out this afternoon

You bastard! I'll begrudgingly wish you luck but secretly I hope your Dad out fishes you

#795 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Haha, I’m then driving down to S Florida to do some more fishing

Tarpon?

#809 3 years ago

You going after one of those Tarpon Jay?

#811 3 years ago

Well at the very least fish for some of their hybrid largemouth, they are huge down there like the ones in Texas. Your cousin probably fishes for grouper and redfin to eat.

#842 3 years ago
    cover 4th of july (resized).jpgcover 4th of july (resized).jpg
    #845 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

We had a good hailstorm a couple years ago. 50mm is 2", so they are 2" across.

Damn hail that size could kill you. We have hail here in the Cincy area but rarely anything nearing that size.

#849 3 years ago

Get hit in the head with one of those and it's likely over for you.

#885 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

With the corina virus it's always groundhog day.

Live trapped and released 18 ground hogs last year and only 3 this year.

#898 3 years ago

Beautiful day on the lake.

20200820_135948[499] (resized).jpg20200820_135948[499] (resized).jpg20200820_135954[498] (resized).jpg20200820_135954[498] (resized).jpg
    #899 3 years ago

One more, the fish were biting too!

20200608_074007 (resized).jpg20200608_074007 (resized).jpg
    #901 3 years ago

That is an awesome view dude, damn to be in one of those valleys soaking up the quiet beauty of the mountain and fishing, life could not be any simpler and enjoyable.

#912 3 years ago

Perfect 64% and '64 plaque dedication.

#917 3 years ago

MajorDrainer Those look like starter plants, are you going to finish the growth inside?

#919 3 years ago

Frog legs ummmm.

2 weeks later
    #973 3 years ago

Wow how close did those goats let you get they must be very use to humans or you used a zoom lens

#978 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

And they must have used a lot of paint to paint those mountain tops

How much?

1 week later
    #1035 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Looks like he's been doing it for a while. They're all shaved down

They not only sharpen their teeth they eat them for the left over marrow in them. I used to nail them to a tree in my back yard for the squirrels to eat along with dried field corn.

#1039 3 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Crappie and Sunfish, more good stuff, but you need like 20 of them for a decnt meal.lots of work to clean that many.

Joe

Best way to enjoy them and get all you can of the meat is to run them through a meat grinder and make patties with it like you would canned salmon. They are fabulously tasty that way and are one of the best fish sandwiches you'll ever eat. I do a lot of fishing in general but make over 3k a summer competing in Catfish and Carp tourney's put on by the local lakes. I also fish in the state Bass tourneys held on the Ohio and Little Miami rivers in southern Ohio. Used to go to a national qualifier for carp in SC every year but have not gotten to go the last two seasons despite having qualified.

#1045 3 years ago

Cod best tasting saltwater fish IMHO.

1 week later
    #1055 3 years ago

Beautiful dog and location, that tree Western Red Cedar?

1 week later
    #1072 3 years ago

Fishing on the Little Miami River in Loveland Ohio. Grew up on this river so it holds a lot of memories for me and especially this day. Blow the picture up that you can see my rods in and you will see about a 1/ mile up just left of center are some kids swinging on a rope and swimming. Damn I can't tell you how many times my brothers and I did that made me reminisce they were some of the best moments of my life. Yeah a good day.

20190830_082630 (resized).jpg20190830_082630 (resized).jpg20190830_133252 (resized).jpg20190830_133252 (resized).jpg
    #1081 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Catch anything? What type of fish?

I was fishing for channel cat and perch. I caught 6 that day 4 channel and 2 sauger which is of the perch family but not the one I was fishing for. lol Water was a bit merky or I would have been fishing for smallmouth while I waited on my dead lines. Plenty of great bass in the riffles and the small backups.

#1084 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Winter is coming

Ughhh don't remind me Jay, I get depressed during winter every year. That tree is awesome though

#1093 3 years ago

Following a shower, was a double but it started to fade before I could get pic. Look close above the rainbow and you can just see remnants of the second rainbow. May have to blow it up some.

20201001_170237[510] (resized).jpg20201001_170237[510] (resized).jpg20201001_170408[509] (resized).jpg20201001_170408[509] (resized).jpg
    #1113 3 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

How about a picture looking in....

National Geographic's The Concrete Jungle, a search for the elusive pinball owner. Here we peer into the lair......

#1133 3 years ago

We can have the outdoor fire pits here in Norwood but man it is so dry around here I'd be scared to start one might burn the whole neighborhood down.

#1155 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Every year I say to the wife "I'm done with this shit. Either we move to the west coast or somewhere tropical"

Texas or Arizona for year round decent temps.

#1165 3 years ago

All that mobile dispensary needs is a "Mr. Softy Cone" on top and a little carnival music playing so I know when my favorite people are coming by.

#1181 3 years ago

LOL love the pumpkin Pac Man!

#1190 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Brought a group out to Cat Island NWR in Louisiana to see the big cypress tree. Largest trunk for a cypress tree in N America.
    Estimated to be over 1000 yrs old.

You call that the Moses tree?

#1210 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Chickasawhay River in Mississippi.

Reminds me of the Little Miami river here in Ohio.

#1233 3 years ago

He sure is a good looking little guy. Loved the pic of him in the snow!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RWH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-picture-from-your-window?tu=RWH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.