Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lladnip
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_2623.jpg
    DSC_2625.jpg
    DSC_2624.jpg
    DSC_2626.jpg
    DSC_2627.jpg
    DSC_2629.jpg
    DSC_2628.jpg
    DSC_2630.jpg
    DSC_2631.jpg
    DSC_2634.jpg
    DSC_2632.jpg
    DSC_2633.jpg
    DSC_2635.jpg
    DSC_2636.jpg
    DSC_2637.jpg
    DSC_2639.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kurisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I wish on the EM's they would have used natural color LED's to preserve an OEM look.

This is how I felt when visiting there also. The ones they're using are harsh and unnatural, it kind of detracts from the nostalgia.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

well, it beats having tons of burnt out bulbs. with that many EMs, there's no way they would be able to keep up with all the burnt incandescents. plus as previously mentioned, the LEDs generate so much less heat and so much less UV radiation, it prevents warping and fading and other heat-related damage. plus it reduces energy consumption of the games themselves, and probably reduces their A/C costs as well.

I wasn't suggesting he stop using LEDs. As far as I can remember he's using cool white un-domed LEDs that look awful in an EM. There are much better options. I had a mix of Cointaker warm white retros and frosteds in my EM and I was really happy with it. I don't know the story behind his choices, and I would guess he got whatever was cheapest (understandable with the huge quantity he had to buy), but as I said it detracts from the nostalgia and I wish he'd been more thoughtful in the type of LEDs he used.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kurisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-photo-of-every-machine-at-the-pinball-hall-of-fame?tu=kurisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.