3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

A set of 3 switch stacks on a motor on an old machine is really giving me troubles. I have a sister machine and could switch out the stacks. If those stacks are ok, my job is done. Probably.

Or is it nobler to keep trouble shooting the fool thing? I'm bound to figure out the problem sooner or later. (This is strictly for me as a hobby, its not a machine on a route that needs to be up and running.)

#5 3 years ago

The sister machine is just for parts, so I wouldn’t be ruining a good machine by switching out.

The contacts seem good, although I haven’t taken them off the machine to check. There's a contact somewhere that is confusing the logic on what needs to be happening in which order on an old Bingo style machine.

And the one that I keep bending but it only stays bent long enough for me to think I fixed that one particular sub- issue.

#8 3 years ago

jibmums i had bought some old plasma displays for Mystic. One came dead.

I have only basic understanding of circuitry, but I know a burned resistor when I see one. Switched out some resistors, resoldered some traces, and got a nicely working display for player 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-philosophical-pinball-repair-question?tu=undrdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.