• Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside1_(resized).png
Screenshot_1506_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Suggesting this as an active user of the game archive to find forum information. Those two new games that never got released and will never be released (and are frankly hated if I remember correctly, but I have no clue and don't care for those games anyways, although irrelevant) are stuck to the top of the game archive forever because a mod changed both of their years to "9999" quite a few months ago. Games on the default page are sorted by creation year newest-to-older now and after a few months of seeing these games I'm getting kind of sick of it and hope to have it fixed, considering their irrelevance to anything pinball related (and it seems to make a lot of people here sour as it is) I definitely don't think they should be the ones hard-stuck to the top if anything, which of course nothing should be, but still.

I can see why they were set to that but I think with the new archive it looks a bit sloppy and like a mess that was never cleaned up. Maybe a year setting of "0" or "1" would be better, although I can see why the ridiculously-far future is a much better candidate for a placeholder year than the past due to historic purposes and gullible people. Anyways, it is just becoming a bit of an annoyance and for the sake of making it look more professional and less broken here's my suggestion thread!

I have noticed the list get updated time and time again with new releases and think it's cool to see the new games pop up on the list but nobody ever went back and fixed these release dates, not sure if there was ever any intention to. Bugs me, and I don't even know mostly anything about them and their drama-fest, hah! This is the first thing you get to see on the archive page (arguably one of the most popular pages, and the first clickable link on the header of the site) and as a developer it hurts a little, especially given the great presentation of everything else around here it seems. Thanks!

(Removed another window in mspaint where the blank space is seen, not a bug btw)
pinside1_(resized).pngpinside1_(resized).pngScreenshot_1506_(resized).pngScreenshot_1506_(resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-peeve-with-the-game-archive-very-very-easy-fix?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.