oxo_score_reel_switches_before_cleaning (resized).jpg
oxo_score_reel_switches_after_cleaning (resized).jpg
DSCF4404 (resized).JPG
DSCF4383 (resized).JPG
0Far-Out-Work-36 (resized).jpg
Match Unit With Bell (resized).png
Mini Match Side (resized).png
Mini Match Head On (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaffeineSlug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi
in post-40 is the question "in what applications does a AC-Relay not use the full coil voltage supplied by the transformer ?". Some text to this are in post-65 through -69, -71. I stumbled over an "application ... DC-Relay ..." - the Williams Grand Prix "Delay-Relay". When one of the spinners spins: The Outhole-Relay and the Top Eject-Relay and the left and right Bonus-Relays are hindered to pull-in --- as the pulling Spinner-Relay makes the Delay-Relay to actuate - and the Delay-Relay opens a switch. See the JPG - as an example I show the Top Eject-Relay hindered to pull-in.
The reasoning, justification, argumentation to "Delay-Relay (DC) does not use the full coil voltage" is a bit whacky: We know that on a car battery when discharging the voltage drops , fully loaded, 100% is 12.75 Volts, 50% is 12.25 Volts, discharged is less than 11.9 Volts. The capacitor on the Delay-Relay is a battery finally discharging - so the voltage to the coil on the Delay-Relay drops means "part-time the Delay-Relay does not consume full voltage". Greetings Rolf

Thanks for posting this - I always wondered how that delay was accomplished!

#102 4 years ago

Did you find one of the few games where there was still a tilt ball? I've never bought a game myself where it was still in place.

1 month later
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi
a constructed story --- I like to play my XYZ-Pin - I can make 10 points, 50 points and 1000 points and there are five targets on the playfield I can make 100 points. I do get my 100 points when the ball hits the target "bulls eye shot" - but now and then on a "grace shot" I do not get my 100 points. Why ? Greetings Rolf

The weak target switch contact and short dwell time leads to the 100s relay coil not being energized long enough, and the score reel switch on the relay doesn't fully close. It could also show up as the 100s chime not firing. So you would tighten the gap on the target switch if you can, but also on the 100s relay switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaffeineSlug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pecos-quiz-diagnosing-em-and-early-ss-pin-problems?tu=CaffeineSlug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.