• 420 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this thread still worthwhile?”

• This thread is past it's prime and is now boring me to tears! It no longer provides useful information. It's time to call it a day and close this thread down! 0 votes
  • While it may not be exciting or fun as other threads on Pinside, I still read this thread and am glad it is still being updated. There is still good information here and I pick up some helpful tips along the way. Keep it going! 48 votes
    96%
  • Beats Me! (Insert Scooby Doo "HUH?" sound here) 2 votes
    4%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200909-182418_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSCF0083 (resized).JPG
DSCF0079 (resized).JPG
DSCF0077 (resized).JPG
DSCF0027 (resized).JPG
DSCF0026 (resized).JPG
PSE Warning Label (resized).png
Three of the Fantastic Four at Hotrods Old Vail (resized).png
Flash #1 of Fantastic Four (resized).png
DSCF4613 (resized).JPG
DSCF4612 (resized).JPG
DSCF4610 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4580 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4556 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Hey Pecos, here is a kit I heard about from my friend Tommy on This Flippin Podcast. I got an orange set for my Stars and I really like it. It's still a kit, but wasn't a ton of hassle. The first one took a little while, but after that the others went pretty quick using the first as a reference.
https://www.wolffpactech.com/6-digit-display-kits

Quoted from acebathound:

Pecos bought an individual Pinitech UNO display kit from me, so I'm hoping he has some input on what he thinks about the Pinitech displays. For someone operating a route like he is and trying to save some $$, the Pinitech led displays should be a welcome addition to the market since they blend so well with plasma displays. You can literally just swap one led display in with a bunch of plasmas (if you only have one bad plasma) and it won't stick out. That way you don't actually have to replace an entire set, unless you're going with a completely different color. You can just replace one failed display and have the game still look nice.
I was disappointed for years with seeing sets advertised as "matching original colors/fonts", when to me, it just wasn't. Of course I also found some sets saying "low current consumption" or "energy efficient", which was also not entirely the case (a few displays with this type of advertising were NOT low current consumption). A big of a pet peeve is when I feel advertising doesn't match the product, so I wanted the Pinitech displays to be DIFFERENT and live up to the hype.
In terms of differences, the Pinitech displays have custom digits which allowed me to match font style, height, color of the original fonts. I was meticulous int he design of the custom digits, and they're literally stamped "PINITECH" and were designed from the ground up to match original fonts/color and offer something unique on the market. The led displays I sell also have a few additional features not found on all aftermarket sets -- brightness control & ability to shift the displays left/right (Pinitech UNO model only). For the slight cost difference, I personally think it's well worth it for the custom digits and additional features, but it just depends what you're looking for. I can't really show the differences through pictures unfortunately.. it's something people would have to see all the aftermarket displays lined up in-person, along with a few plasma displays, to appreciate. Or, they'd have to have already purchased an assortment of aftermarket sets from various vendors to see what makes the Pinitech displays different.
In that sense, any customer feedback on the displays I sell is appreciated! I have a Pinside thread @ https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinitech-led-displays-for-classic-bally-stern-plasma-contender where I'm trying to have people post pictures/feedback, so if you bought a set or buy a set and don't mind posting what you think, that would be awesome
---
http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
NVRAM, Bally/Stern LED Displays & Mods for pinball machines

I've used both the Wolfpac and the Pinitech displays and I recommend both products. Just this week acebathound was kind enough to send me some parts for a display that I assembled incorrectly. They aren't hard to assemble at all especially if you do it with the lights on in the room and not just going off of the ambient light of the television while watching a horror movie. Plus I feel that once I install either of these products I don't have to worry about them ever again.

I like Pecos have been operating pins for awhile. I started maybe 4-5 years ago with 4 pins in a board gaming store and then eventually placed 1 (Fish Tales) into my friend's bar/bowling alley...as of last week we are up to 23 pins at that location with mostly modern dmd and lcd stuff, but a few solid state and EM machines as well. Just last night, while I was working on a machine one of the older gentlemen from the bowling league that was going on behind me, came up and asked what I was doing and then how much money I was making off of these machines. He was quite shocked when I told him how much machines cost and how little they make, but again, we do it because we love sharing pinball, and at least for me it lets me expand my collection without having the space at home for all the machines I want.

Pecos keep the thread going as I enjoy it as a fellow operator doing this largely as a hobby and not a business enjoy reading about someone else having similar struggles, plus you are just a good writer. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 1,059.00
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pecos-diary-my-journey-to-pinball-operator?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.