• 420 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this thread still worthwhile?”

• This thread is past it's prime and is now boring me to tears! It no longer provides useful information. It's time to call it a day and close this thread down! 0 votes
  • While it may not be exciting or fun as other threads on Pinside, I still read this thread and am glad it is still being updated. There is still good information here and I pick up some helpful tips along the way. Keep it going! 43 votes
    96%
  • Beats Me! (Insert Scooby Doo "HUH?" sound here) 2 votes
    4%

(45 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200909-182418_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSCF0083 (resized).JPG
DSCF0079 (resized).JPG
DSCF0077 (resized).JPG
DSCF0027 (resized).JPG
DSCF0026 (resized).JPG
PSE Warning Label (resized).png
Three of the Fantastic Four at Hotrods Old Vail (resized).png
Flash #1 of Fantastic Four (resized).png
DSCF4613 (resized).JPG
DSCF4612 (resized).JPG
DSCF4610 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4580 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4556 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

GET AFTER IT, PECOS!!!

1 week later
#39 3 years ago

What's the verdict on the new venues, Pecos?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

They are generally too busy to put you at the top of their queue of things to dueue.

LOL...dueue.

3 months later
#117 3 years ago

Just got caught up. Any luck with any of those three potential clients (or others)?

Wishing you all the best,
Ryan

2 months later
#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Pecos Pinball is pleased and honored to announce their affiliation with the Hotel McCoy. Pecos Pinball is excited to be bringing vintage pinball to the people of Tucson.
Hotel McCoy is a retro hotel. Bryan Coggins and his team have spent a lot of time and money bringing the old hotel Silverbell Inn back to life, as a resort hotel with a 1960s feel. They have 93 rooms at very reasonable prices.
The first machine at Hotel McCoy is a Williams 1973 Travel Time . It will be located in the lobby near the pool, outdoor ping pong table and other recreational amenities.
Travel Time will be set at two games for a quarter as an introductory price. Stop by and support pinball in Tucson and say that Pecos sent you!
It has taken me quite a bit of time getting this up to my standards. This was my first pin on route and I wanted it to look as nice as I could; first impressions are important.
And it takes a lot of work to take a game that is working fine for home use but needs more work to make it route ready. Then there were the missing parts like a total play meter. And then were the unexpected mini-disasters. I had never seen this one before! I heard a crunch when lowering the playing onto the prop rod. Not good. I found that the prop rod had prodded it's way right through the shooter lane. Some wood glue, gorilla glue and a tad bit of clamping and it was fixed.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There was quite a bit of planking on the playfield. It takes me a lot of time to do a playfield touch-up - I'm just not that good of an artist. When I was in first grade I was the victim of teacher abuse. I was paddled for not coloring within the lines. Is it possible that I never got over that? As you can see, I still can't color in the lines.
[quoted image]
I didn't have the time to strip the playfield down and clear coat it using my preferred method. Instead, I touched-up the playfield and applied several coats of Carnauba wax. I seriously thought about using Varathane, but I'm not a fan of Varathane and was afraid that it would eventually peel off the playfield. So, I did some serious thinking about what causes playfield wear. If you look at any pinball that has been in play for thousands of games you will see that the pinball, once smooth and shiny, is now covered with tiny nicks. That can't be good for a playfield. What might cause those nicks? The prime culprits would be the kickout hole metal thingy and any other features on the playfield that feature metal on metal contact. This is my solution:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I bought this box of heat shrink tubing not really sure what I would do with all of those larger sizes. I may have found a use! This is experimental. I will have to keep an eye on how fast the heat shrink tubing wears. I will have to watch out for those little colorful tubes that shrink detaching themselves and falling off the metal that they protect. With any luck, my brand new pinball will stay shiny, smooth as a babies bottom and brand new looking. Will a few coats of wax will protect my playfield? I am going to find out I will, of course, have to wax the playfield more often and I am not too optimistic that wax will be enough. Time will tell.
As I mentioned, there was a lot of planking on the playfield. Here are some before pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
After much work, rework and more rework, I finally got the results I was looking for.
And Finally, what you have been waiting for - pics of Travel Time on site at Hotel McCoy!
[quoted image]
My best friend and pin hauler, Dave.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
When I was a freshman at the University of Arizona I lived on campus at the Apache Hall dorm, or Apache Pit as I so lovingly called it. I did my laundry at a nearby laundromat. If you have ever done your laundry in a laundromat, you know just how incredibly boring that chore is. And what did they have in that laundromat to ease my extreme boredom but a pinball machine, a Williams Travel Time pinball machine! Wouldn't it be something if that very same Williams Travel Time pinball machine is the same Williams Travel Time pinball machine that is now at the Hotel McCoy? Perhaps a freshman from the University of Arizona will one day wander into the Hotel McCoy and play this Williams Travel Time pinball machine. Perhaps said freshman will one day grow up and he will rescue and restore this very same Williams Travel Time pinball machine. Perhaps he will then put it on location somewhere in Tucson where another freshman from the University of Arizona will find it and play it... Stranger things have happened!

Pecos...!!!!

applauseMaryl.gif

Oh mah [email protected]@!~!!!!! This has been a helluva journey. MANY many congratualations on the first (OF MANY) milestones!

Lots of pride beaming from Michigan. Wish I could come pump some quarters in there...and urge you to up the price-per-play. Ha-ha!

Fantastic work, my friend!!!
-Ryan

3 weeks later
#161 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Anyone care to guess which one I am choosing as my first working Gottlieb?

Amazing Spider-Man?

1 week later
#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Pecos Pinball is excited and honored to announce their affiliation with the Spotted Bull Eatery and Bar.

Wow, fantastic! Glad to see your collection reaching a wider audience!

Quoted from Pecos:

Here is a visual hint:

Ha-ha! That's a nice and generous hint. Jumpin' Jack/in-the-Box.

2 months later
#241 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Paint that super-flite ..it looks terrible..

Heya Das,

Bad day, man? I'd imagine Pecos knows of which you speak, but c'mon, there are more diplomatic ways of broaching this subject. Especially with a guy as passionate about the hobby, giving of his time here on Pinside, and nary a negative comment have I ever seen from him. So, I'm gonna do my best to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but dude, maybe a little more tact next time.

Hope you're doin' alright,
-Ryan

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Hardbody has muscled its way out of Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour and is now working out at Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour South

Nice work, Pecos! How many pins on location does this make now? 5? Regardless, congrats on the expanding route! Also...

Quoted from Pecos:

Hardbody is in my top 10 list of most under-rated pins. It really is a fun game.

You're not supposed to say that until I get one in my collection!

Keep up the good work!

1 week later
#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Walk into Hotrods Old Vail and what do you see?
Three classic Ballys all in a row! Three!!
Bring your quarters and bring your friends!
The fun you find here never seemingly ends!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

And then there were 7!

1 month later
#260 2 years ago

Great, honest, post, Pecos. Love your positive attitude! Just wish I could give your games a spin. You know I'll make it a point when I'm next in Tucson. Until then, I wish you health and prosperity in the new year!

Sincerely,
Ryan

3 months later
#275 2 years ago

So glad you're keeping up this operator diary, Pecos! Keep up the great work and I'm glad to hear that after so much time and effort on your part...

Quoted from Pecos:

March revenues were more than all of 2018.

Also, I owe you a PM!!! It's been too long. In the meantime, keep up the great work in Tucson!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside