• 420 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this thread still worthwhile?”

• This thread is past it's prime and is now boring me to tears! It no longer provides useful information. It's time to call it a day and close this thread down! 0 votes
  • While it may not be exciting or fun as other threads on Pinside, I still read this thread and am glad it is still being updated. There is still good information here and I pick up some helpful tips along the way. Keep it going! 43 votes
    96%
  • Beats Me! (Insert Scooby Doo "HUH?" sound here) 2 votes
    4%

(45 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200909-182418_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSCF0083 (resized).JPG
DSCF0079 (resized).JPG
DSCF0077 (resized).JPG
DSCF0027 (resized).JPG
DSCF0026 (resized).JPG
PSE Warning Label (resized).png
Three of the Fantastic Four at Hotrods Old Vail (resized).png
Flash #1 of Fantastic Four (resized).png
DSCF4613 (resized).JPG
DSCF4612 (resized).JPG
DSCF4610 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4580 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4556 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I clean off all dust with a small paintbrush. I use flux, 'Master Mechanic Solder Paste, cleans * fluxes.' Here is a pic of my soldering/desoldering station:
[quoted image]

I have always been able to solder on only the solder side but learned soon enough that this didn't work with the bridge rectifiers. So, yes, I soldered both sides.

The blackened area is where the trace was, the important word being 'was.' When I cleaned the area with Isopropyl alcohol, part of the trace broke off. I used two pieces of speaker wire and solder to replace the trace.

I can normally do a decent job soldering components on these boards, but these bridge rectifiers have been nothing but trouble.

I'm running my adjustable temperature solenoid station at 310º. I was running at 360º but the Chinese Yihua soldering station was going through too many heating elements. 310º seems to work fine for me.

I have a Hakko desoldering gun. Yes, I remove all old solder. It's fun sucking up that old stuff with the Hakko! Thanks mom, dad and brother for the gift!! It's been a real time and board saver!
Thanks ralph67 for taking the time to list out the helpful soldering tips. I will admit that I don't keep my soldering tip clean. I will change this bad habit immediately.

Use a choir-girl copper scrubber in a tuna can for easy cleaning of tips.

You can buy something like this also.

2 months later
#246 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Sorry, did not mean to come across so sharply, but I was on my tablet at the time & it's a pain to type long messages on.
It 's just that it would look so much better & would likely draw in more business with a nice fresh paint job. I'm all for a bit of patina wear, but the cab on that pin is too far gone.
Nothing but admiration to Pecos for getting his pins out there in the wild for more to enjoy.

Oddly, one doesn't play the cabinet and mostly you cant see the cabinet in a row.

If the game plays solid and fast, it will make money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside