• 420 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this thread still worthwhile?”

• This thread is past it's prime and is now boring me to tears! It no longer provides useful information. It's time to call it a day and close this thread down! 0 votes
  • While it may not be exciting or fun as other threads on Pinside, I still read this thread and am glad it is still being updated. There is still good information here and I pick up some helpful tips along the way. Keep it going! 48 votes
    96%
  • Beats Me! (Insert Scooby Doo "HUH?" sound here) 2 votes
    4%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200909-182418_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSCF0083 (resized).JPG
DSCF0079 (resized).JPG
DSCF0077 (resized).JPG
DSCF0027 (resized).JPG
DSCF0026 (resized).JPG
PSE Warning Label (resized).png
Three of the Fantastic Four at Hotrods Old Vail (resized).png
Flash #1 of Fantastic Four (resized).png
DSCF4613 (resized).JPG
DSCF4612 (resized).JPG
DSCF4610 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4580 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4556 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago

Agreed. We all need to get in on this. Tell people what to do and why... and what a “good” vs “great” score might be.

#33 6 years ago

JustageFehler came up with this variation...

IMG_0938 (resized).JPGIMG_0938 (resized).JPG

IMG_0939 (resized).JPGIMG_0939 (resized).JPG

I'm going to do something like it. Maybe with point thresholds and more explicit references of scoring strategies...

1 month later
#91 5 years ago

Yo Pecos... enjoying your thread and hope the quarters start rolling in soon. BTW, I’m going to drill new lower-post holes for Fan-Tas-Tic at the museum. Ever since you pointed out how they angle downwards to the drain, I’ve been wanting to correct that. Seems easily doable by moving the lower pair of posts inward to eliminate the tilt. That’s how the Freedom proto is set up... looks like Norm agreed with your findings and corrected it in his final middle-pop layout.

#104 5 years ago

Making EM’s 50c has been done using a spare score reel. Wire the start relay to deliver a click to the reel instead... and then piggyback the start relay though the even numbers on the reel traces. Two clicks = two coins = 1 credit.

Haven’t done this myself yet but sounds cool.

1 month later
#125 5 years ago

I hear ya, Pecos. Some of my TPF award-winners are at the museum and we sell beer and wine from time to time. It can get a little bar-like in here. But kids can be worse, actually. "MOMMY LOOK I CAN SWING FROM THE PLUNGER WEEE!" Depends upon the group. Most of those cabinet carvings from back in the day probably came from teens.

I suggest remaining open to the bar idea. Beer and pinball are an ideal match in terms of entertainment. Maybe find a less-rowdy venue? Something which isn't totally overrun with frat dudes?

Fact is, regardless of venue, your games will bleed for you. Unavoidable part of the bidness. May your beer seal be fresh and your pingulps at the ready!

2 months later
#154 5 years ago

Baton or Cobra locks are good for commercial vending use.

1 month later
#219 5 years ago

Is it legal in Tucson to give away a beer for attaining a certain score? The redemption/gambling aspect is always a huge motivator.

#227 5 years ago

It’s not the price, it’s the draw. What glory can be achieved for winning? Three of our most popular pins are Fan-Tas-Tic, Klondike, and Wheel of Fortune.

What do they all have in common? Gambling awards. That’s what Pat Lawlor correctly predicted with Safe Cracker... and why it still gets huge lines at TPF when loaded with custom tokens.

Leagues and tournaments are primarily based upon winning and prizes. I have a friend who has an 8-Ball in a bar near Austin. He gives away a free beer for hitting a certain score. The game is hugely popular for that reason.

I’m not saying redemption is the only important thing, but we pinballers (particularly operators) are missing a HUGE piece of the pie by not incorporating awards into the game. We need to get creative again while pinball is making a comeback... it’ll hook many more players if done right.

#229 5 years ago

Norm Clark was a pinball design genius. So many cool wacky inventions.

3 weeks later
#237 5 years ago

How quickly could direct sunlight exposure begin to cause issues?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ashburn, VA
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 1,059.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pecos-diary-my-journey-to-pinball-operator?tu=nicovolta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.