• 417 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Oldschoolio
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this thread still worthwhile?”

• This thread is past it's prime and is now boring me to tears! It no longer provides useful information. It's time to call it a day and close this thread down! 0 votes
  • While it may not be exciting or fun as other threads on Pinside, I still read this thread and am glad it is still being updated. There is still good information here and I pick up some helpful tips along the way. Keep it going! 37 votes
    95%
  • Beats Me! (Insert Scooby Doo "HUH?" sound here) 2 votes
    5%

(39 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 301 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF0083 (resized).JPG
DSCF0079 (resized).JPG
DSCF0077 (resized).JPG
DSCF0027 (resized).JPG
DSCF0026 (resized).JPG
PSE Warning Label (resized).png
Three of the Fantastic Four at Hotrods Old Vail (resized).png
Flash #1 of Fantastic Four (resized).png
DSCF4613 (resized).JPG
DSCF4612 (resized).JPG
DSCF4610 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4580 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4556 (resized).JPG
DSCF4551 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nascarrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Good luck Pecos!

1 month later
#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Two more PR packages were delivered today. I was lucky to speak with the owner at the first place I stopped. He is very interested in two or three machines. I am to contact him when I get my license. I am very excited about this opportunity.
The manager at the second place thought the idea of my vintage pinball business was "very cool."
On the way home I heard 'Pinball Wizard' on the radio. No kidding! If that isn't some kind of sign I don't know what is!

Great news Pecos! I'm sure youre impatiently waiting on that business license.....

2 weeks later
#92 1 year ago

Hope they get you up and rolling soon Pecos! As Tom Petty says... "Waiting is the hardest part"

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yo Pecos... enjoying your thread and hope the quarters start rolling in soon. BTW, I’m going to drill new lower-post holes for Fan-Tas-Tic at the museum. Ever since you pointed out how they angle downwards to the drain, I’ve been wanting to correct that. Seems easily doable by moving the lower pair of posts inward to eliminate the tilt. That’s how the Freedom proto is set up... looks like Norm agreed with your findings and corrected it in his final middle-pop layout.

Just picked one up last week-my first middle pop!

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I got a call from Michael at the Tucson Business License Department this morning. He has resolved the background check problem. I am to go downtown tomorrow to pick up my 'tags.'
Thanks Michael for all of your hard work getting this done!

This is what a Tucson licence tag used to look like.
Beginning tomorrow, I can put pins on location.

Pecos: "Cha ching"!!!

3 months later
#142 1 year ago

Nice Pecos!

Keep it up!

1 month later
#209 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Travel Time and pinball makes the news in Tucson.
Click on the video and skip to 1:20 to see local news reporter Bud Foster smiling while playing the 45 year old Travel Time at the Hotel McCoy.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/2018/09/18/old-hotels-give-new-life-downtown/

They did a great job 'remodeling' that motel!

Love the 50's look!

Great spot for vintage pins!

1 month later
#226 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

It is with a heavy heart that Pecos Pinball must report that all three of their pinball machines have been removed from the Spotted Bull. The machines did not bring much enthusiasm from the customers and the income was far below my expectations. I also expected that many of the 50 and 60 year-old clientele would be excited to play the type of pinball machines that they grew up with. Instead, most customers were children whose parents watched on as many of them played pinball for the first time in their life.
I want to thank Michael and Julie, the owners, for the opportunity to put some of my vintage machines in their restaurant and bar. They are a pleasure to do business with and I appreciate their support. I sincerely hope our paths will cross again.
I want to share a couple of stories with you. During a visit to collect quarters I met two older couples just finishing their lunch. I asked them if they wanted to play some pinball for free and we began talking about pinball. I like to offer free pinball for games that need to be tested. I can watch and look for any issues and the customers enjoy the chance to play for free. Anyway, two of them played and came back to the table with big grins. They hadn't played pinball in forty year and they really had a lot of fun reliving their pinball youth. I opened up the game to show them all of the wires and parts in Aztec and wowed them with just how much it takes to make a pinball work. On the way out, they put two $5.00 bills in my shirt pocket. I tried to refuse, but they insisted. Seeing their smiles was enough to make my day and that is what Pecos Pinball is all about.
I was at the Spotted Bull on Friday to remove Aztec and one of the waitresses and her husband were standing behind two chairs as their two sons were playing Aztec and Super-Flite. It was the first time they ever played pinball. It sure was nice to see the young'uns playing and enjoying the same games that I played and enjoyed 45 years ago. I felt like the Grinch who stole Christmas because I had to take their fun away from them. I let them finish and leave before I sadly began to disassemble Aztec. Pecos Pinball is also all about bring pinball joy to a new generation who have never played pinball before.
On Saturday I went to pick up Harlem Globetrotters On Tour and there were two boys playing Super-Flite. I gave their parents some quarters and after the first batch of quarters was gone, I got the cutest puppy-dog look from one of the boys. I knew what that look was all about! I gave mom and dad another batch of quarters. Bringing happiness to others rewards you with more than you give.
Although it was an unhappy event to remove the games, there were plenty of happy moments. And now I will begin the not-so-fun task of finding some more clients where I can, once again, bring a little bit of joy to a world that surely needs it.

Sorry to hear that Pecos.

That was awesome of you to let the kids play for free and introduce them to pinball!

Hope you find a new location soon.

9 months later
#333 8 months ago

Great looking touch up job pecos!

1 month later
#363 6 months ago

Happy birthday Pecos!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nascarrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside