• 420 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is this thread still worthwhile?”

• This thread is past it's prime and is now boring me to tears! It no longer provides useful information. It's time to call it a day and close this thread down! 0 votes
  • While it may not be exciting or fun as other threads on Pinside, I still read this thread and am glad it is still being updated. There is still good information here and I pick up some helpful tips along the way. Keep it going! 48 votes
    96%
  • Beats Me! (Insert Scooby Doo "HUH?" sound here) 2 votes
    4%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200909-182418_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSCF0083 (resized).JPG
DSCF0079 (resized).JPG
DSCF0077 (resized).JPG
DSCF0027 (resized).JPG
DSCF0026 (resized).JPG
PSE Warning Label (resized).png
Three of the Fantastic Four at Hotrods Old Vail (resized).png
Flash #1 of Fantastic Four (resized).png
DSCF4613 (resized).JPG
DSCF4612 (resized).JPG
DSCF4610 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4580 (resized).JPG
DSCF4568 (resized).JPG
DSCF4556 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cudabee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago

Your Future spa backglass is missing the spectral decal.This happens most of the times and sometimes it is found in the head or inside the cabinet, i even find them sometimes in the manual.
Most people have no idea what it is, since it looks like a normal sheet of plastic.
When you put it back on you will see it adds a nice touch of nostalgia to the game and it is a unique feature found only in this game.

3 weeks later
#83 6 years ago

Don't forget to adjust the +190 volt displaypower as low as you can. Ballpark is 160 volt.
If the 190volt is however 230 volt and cannot be adjusted replace entire high voltage section to save your displays
from premature burnout. This happens alot.

4 months later
#148 5 years ago

I have mechanical mechs in the early solid state games i route, and they have nothing but trouble.
The newer games with nri and sr3 electronic ones are almost trouble free.
I wish i could use them in the older games.

2 weeks later
#174 5 years ago

If i see the middle rectifier you used more solder, maybe the burnt one had insufficient solder, got hot and started to arc.
I use these old boards on location and they are normally pretty solid if you replace the headers, solenoids and fuseclips

#200 5 years ago

I think the cabinet of the Superflite is too far damaged to put on location, now the first impression does not reflect the energy and love you put in this endeavor.
Personally i would make it look better from at least an onlookers distance, that must be not too hard to do.

8 months later
#316 4 years ago

F4 from Pacman blowing will probably be powerboard related (bridge going out.?), since the coils are separately fused under the playfield.
Or perhaps the solenoid fuse under the playfield is overrated?
I have 50 games on location and having as much fun as you have. I really like this thread, keep it going!

1 month later
#338 4 years ago

As a fellow operator i enjoy this thread. It is informative, positive and enjoyable to read.

2 weeks later
#357 4 years ago

@Hgot

I think there are different transition brackets or funnels? for quarters and bigger coins, if they get mixed up sometimes the quarter can slide past the switch without triggering or the bigger coin gets jammed up before it hits the switch.At least it is like that with dutch SS Bally coindoors.
You also want to adjust the switch to make a long sweep, i always try to make the switchclick arm travel or duration? as long as it can during the coinpass.Watch closely what happens when you insert the coin.Also test several coins with the coin door closed, The different angle might change coin path.
This is especially neccesary when you use coin comparators, where a coin is almost making a freefall to the coinswitch because of the electronic testing of the coin and not having it slowed down by a magnet as used in mechanical coin acceptors.
You might want to check if you have the correct switch for the coin you are using, there are differences in weight.
Correct coin handling is very important for operating pins in my opinion for it is a very bad experience when people put in a coin and nothing happens.It can be someones first encounter with a pinball machine and it might be the last because of that.
You really want to minimise that., i want people to have a good time on my machines and not getting a credit for your money is a very bad start.

Btw, if you use the close loop bookkeeping system, which i have, you can tell exactly how many coins are dropped without credits. Are you doing that or are the coinboxes emptied by the staff?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 1,059.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cudabee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-pecos-diary-my-journey-to-pinball-operator?tu=cudabee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.