Topic Stats

• 291 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Pecos
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 226 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF4257 (resized).JPG
DSCF4255 (resized).JPG
stellar_wars_hotrods (resized).png
DSCF4250 (resized).JPG
first_day_grand_prix (resized).jpg
DSCF4245 (resized).JPG
DSCF4242 (resized).JPG
first_day_black_knight (resized).jpg
Income, Expenses and Travel Old (resized).png
Income, Expenses, Travel New Form (resized).png
DSCF4234 (resized).JPG
Free Pinball Line-Up (resized).png
Free Pinball Sign (resized).png
DSCF4162 (resized).JPG
Explosion - drops white (resized).jpg
DSCF4163 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

Going old school, very nice. If and when you get some machines out in the wild I am very curious as to how many plays they get.

#15 1 year ago

Are you tracking the labor hours that you pit into the machines?

#21 1 year ago

I am surprised that you can't get a tax break on labor, did you talk to an accountant? Anything you do for business purposes should get you something I would think.

Business cards are a must! Use VistaPrint, spend a couple extra dollars and get the nice stock, coated and double sided. How are you leaving your information for the businesses if you don't have business cards? It adds a professional look that will open doors for you if the owner sees a nice business card and website as opposed to hand-written information. I have been at trade shows where a demo or product revel has been booked solid but leave my card, I get a lot of compliments on the card and get called if a spot opens. Give them a card with your information on one side and a catchy slogan on the other. They will remember it.

Don't pooh-pooh the website either. Even as an operator that could open a lot of doors for you. Make sure every machine has your business card on the apron with the email and website clearly readable. You may be surprised by the people who see the machines in public and a) want one in their business or b) have a machine in their basement that want to get rid of.

2 weeks later
#55 1 year ago

I agree 100% with the issues with the original business card, single font (or two at the very most) would be the way to go. Love the generic pinball silhouette image, very clean looking. I would include the website address but only if it will be updated with a cleaner and more professional look. I think the top is very appealing. I would change the email address to inquires@pecospinball.com on the business card.

Honestly, I do not like either slogan very much as I feel it is unclear what the business is. I would go with "Specializing in the placement and maintenance of vintage pinball machines in retail establishments" or something that really speaks to the business. The top cards slogan feels like it is a place to play pinball while the bottom slogan feels like it is pinball sales.

As for the website, it needs to be cleaned up and focused on the business. I know it is probably a quick site just to get up and running but here are a few suggestions; get rid of the google search bar at the top. If you are going to have a listing of the machines on the main page it should be two photos, one of the backglass and one of the playfield. Print out new score cards for each machine before taking the photos, I would even look at custom text at the top of each like "Your business name here" or something. Add it as an option. Avoid text like "not everyone likes the theme" and play up the retro 80's look. Include other options that an interested business might look for like options for pricing, extra ball/extra games and such.

Play up that you will maintain and repair these machines or rotate them in and out on a set schedule. Do you plan on offering any other services like setting up tournaments and/or leagues or providing guidance to a retail employee to do so?

Oh and get rid of the links to other sites like pinside. Sell them on your company, don't send them here to read about your plan. Put in links on the site for pinball repair (might as well makes some scratch on the side) and "Selling a pinball machine". Have your web site on all your machines, you might be surprised by someone who sees the machine in public and remembers they have one in the storage room at home they want to get rid of.

Have some shirts made up with your Pecos Pinball on the breast, embroidered is best, so when you visit establishments you look professional. Print up a ton of business cards and give them to anyone and everyone.

Good luck!

#56 1 year ago

I checked VistaPrint (they do our business cards) and their premium glossy business cards are 500 for $30. We had really good luck with the premium glossy ones, it gives the cards a nice feel. Anytime you get compliments on a business card you know it is making an impression. Do not print your own on that cheap perforated paper, you need to stand out and for the price of a rubber kit you can leave a great first impression with a potential client.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I have a couple of reworked designs for my business card:

I want my business card to say:
I'm professional
I'm creative
I'm not like everyone else, I'm different
I plan to print these on waterslide decals, transfer the decals to white card stock with 'speckles' of silver paint. I will then clear coat the cards. I like the idea of VistaPrint, but it is too status quo for my needs.

At the end of the day this is certainly your business and your decision to make but you are a new unproved business trying to get a niche product into retail establishments. If I were a business owner I would want your vibe to be: You are a professional, you are reliable, you will make me money. Maybe Arizona is a different vibe, it probably is, but you are going to have to go the extra mile to get started. You are asking a business to take a chance on you, you take up valuable floor space and potential headaches for a very small payoff. Every little advantage you can get you need to seize.

7 months later
#233 5 months ago

Throw a Grand Prix in there ASAP, lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
1,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fairport, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mclean, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 137.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside