(Topic ID: 138913)

A parent's worst nightmare....we could use your help.

By Bryan_Kelly

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 287 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Birdsley_Family.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    image.jpg
    17132.jpg
    17131.jpg
    17130.jpeg
    100_3452.jpg
    100_3454.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    AliviaPinballPoster.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMAG4133.jpg
    IMAG4132.jpg
    unnamed_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    alivia.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 8 years ago

Pinball hugs and kisses to the Birdsley family! And can we get this to be a sticky topic to keep it in the eye of as many pinheads as possible?

Brad

1 week later
    #157 8 years ago

A bump for Alivia! Pictured below with her sister Grace.

alivia.jpgalivia.jpg

1 month later
    #235 8 years ago

I would like to provide some follow-up to Vince's post above, which was very nice. I will say that no matter how much I enjoy pinball machines, the one thing that has kept me active in this hobby throughout the years is the people. While machines come and go, the friendships I have created throughout my time in this hobby are absolutely the best thing to come from it. As soon as I saw Bryan post about Alivia's situation, I wanted to see what I might be able to do to help. I knew financial assistance for Vince and Jill would be appreciated, as would the donation of items for auction. But I really wondered in what way I might be able to help Liv through a tough situation.

I spent time thinking what I could do for her and this is what I came up with. I offered to buy and send as many greeting cards as the staff and students at our school wanted to send to her. I created a Google Form that had requests for 467 cards, I figured there was crossover of classes but was absolutely ecstatic about the response. A fair number of classes bought or created their own cards as well. I have to say when you end up with two boxes weighing 44 lbs. comprised mostly of cards to send to an 11-year old girl it puts a huge smile on your face. I get asked daily about how she is doing and when staff shared an email update from Vince with students, everyone was touched.

As Vince mentions, we have "known" each other for years (since RGP) and his comment about us possibly crossing paths was the exact thing I recently told someone when they asked if I knew him! There is no doubt that the pinball community is like any dysfunctional family, there is often disagreement and differing opinions, but we come together in support of our own. And needless to say, our school cannot wait to meet Liv and her family!

Brad

1 week later
    #251 8 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Here's the translite signed by Rob Zombie & Sheri Moon... HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO... KT will take "silent bids" from Pinsiders until noon on Sunday via email. Just email her your MAX AMOUNT... people at Alary's on Sunday will write their max amount on a card and drop it in a box.
    At 6:00, Bryan and crew will sort the bids out and see who gets it.
    Send email bids to: [email protected] Again, noon Sunday is the cut off. Please give her your name, address, and bid amount so we're not guessing who "PinSnakeTurbo107" is.
    We'll have some other cool goodies to bid on in person Sunday, but the Team Alivia crew thought it would be best to give others a shot at this one. THIS IS THE ONLY signed translite we have available from Rob & Sheri, so GOOD LUCK!

Very cool Charlie, but everyone knows who PinSnakeTurbo107 is! That is Bryan Kelly!

Brad

#254 8 years ago

This morning at Alary's.

17130.jpeg17130.jpeg

12 hours later.

17131.jpg17131.jpg

Let me say it was a great day to join Alivia in beating cancer. My wife Sandy and I had the pleasure to spend all-day with good people there. For those of you who I hadn't met in the past, it was great meeting you and all others it was wonderful seeing you again! The positive energy of the event is something that should be bottled and sold! And no matter that we were far away from home, we never felt far away especially since there was a door from our city police department there.

17132.jpg17132.jpg

Brad

3 weeks later
    #275 8 years ago

I would like to take a moment to thank my friend Bryan Kelly for his initial post about Alivia. It not only allowed me to finally meet Vince and his family in person, but also some other great people in Minnesota. It was great to see the girls at Resurrection reach out and extend their love for another. And it was wonderful to have the Birdsley Family visit the school and spend the day with them, it will not be forgotten anytime soon. I want to share this picture of them along with the Resurrection Bandit mascot that was taken shortly after they arrived.

Brad

Birdsley_Family.jpgBirdsley_Family.jpg

#277 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

What did the Pepsi Perfext go for? Happy to contribute to this great cause!

I want to say $180, but don't quote me on that... We were involved in some bidding.

Brad

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-parents-worst-nightmarewe-could-use-your-help?tu=jellikit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.