(Topic ID: 138913)

A parent's worst nightmare....we could use your help.

By Bryan_Kelly

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 287 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Birdsley_Family.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    image.jpg
    17132.jpg
    17131.jpg
    17130.jpeg
    100_3452.jpg
    100_3454.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    AliviaPinballPoster.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMAG4133.jpg
    IMAG4132.jpg
    unnamed_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    alivia.jpg

There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 8 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Here's the translite signed by Rob Zombie & Sheri Moon... HERE'S WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO... KT will take "silent bids" from Pinsiders until noon on Sunday via email. Just email her your MAX AMOUNT... people at Alary's on Sunday will write their max amount on a card and drop it in a box.
    At 6:00, Bryan and crew will sort the bids out and see who gets it.
    Send email bids to: [email protected] Again, noon Sunday is the cut off. Please give her your name, address, and bid amount so we're not guessing who "PinSnakeTurbo107" is.
    We'll have some other cool goodies to bid on in person Sunday, but the Team Alivia crew thought it would be best to give others a shot at this one. THIS IS THE ONLY signed translite we have available from Rob & Sheri, so GOOD LUCK!

Very cool Charlie, but everyone knows who PinSnakeTurbo107 is! That is Bryan Kelly!

Brad

#253 8 years ago

Awesome event you guys pulled together today! Great games, good people, lots of donations and prizes, great atmosphere, Vikings win! I had a great time. Well done everyone who was invloved!

#254 8 years ago

This morning at Alary's.

17130.jpeg17130.jpeg

12 hours later.

17131.jpg17131.jpg

Let me say it was a great day to join Alivia in beating cancer. My wife Sandy and I had the pleasure to spend all-day with good people there. For those of you who I hadn't met in the past, it was great meeting you and all others it was wonderful seeing you again! The positive energy of the event is something that should be bottled and sold! And no matter that we were far away from home, we never felt far away especially since there was a door from our city police department there.

17132.jpg17132.jpg

Brad

#255 8 years ago

Here is a gallery of pics Ross took.
    http://www.myuselessspace.net/2015Alivia/

It was a great event !!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#256 8 years ago

I'd like to thank everyone involved in yesterday's benefit. I'd like to mention names, but there are simply too many. We had a great turn out and the silent auction was a great success. We had so much fun with the regulars at Alary's, some were donating, even though they had no interest in the free beer.

I do have to thank, Brian Millard, Ryan Marincovich and Jesse Bohnsack. Needless to say, an event like this takes a bit of planning and hard work and times like this are when you find out who your true friends are. Eight games were picked up from four different locations and delivered on Saturday. Everything was set up Sunday morning and we just got home after taking the games back to their original locations and dropping off the rental truck. Oh, and we had to put the bar back the way it was this morning also. This could not have happened without Brian, Ryan and Jesse.

And to the guy overheard saying during the event, "Yeah but, if I give you $20, how do I know for sure Alivia's going to get the money and not someone else," please go f yourself. I hope you're never in need of something like what we just did, because you're on your own if you do.

Bryan

#257 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'd like to thank everyone involved in yesterday's benefit. I'd like to mention names, but there are simply too many. We had a great turn out and the silent auction was a great success. We had so much fun with the regulars at Alary's, some were donating, even though they had no interest in the free beer.
    I do have to thank, Brian Millard, Ryan Marincovich and Jesse Bohnsack. Needless to say, an event like this takes a bit of planning and hard work and times like this are when you find out who your true friends are. Eight games were picked up from four different locations and delivered on Saturday. Everything was set up Sunday morning and we just got home after taking the games back to their original locations and dropping off the rental truck. Oh, and we had to put the bar back the way it was this morning also. This could not have happened without Brian, Ryan and Jesse.
    And to the guy overheard saying during the event, "Yeah but, if I give you $20, how do I know for sure Alivia's going to get the money and not someone else," please go f yourself. I hope you're never in need of something like what we just did, because you're on your own if you do.
    Bryan

Hi Bryan,

This was an awesome effort by you and the rest of the team to organize this wonderful event. You guys/gals put in one heck of an effort to make this fundraiser happen for Vince and his family.

Thank you so much for leading this project. It is great to see the pinball community come together like this when one of our own is in need of assistance.

Gord

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And to the guy overheard saying during the event, "Yeah but, if I give you $20, how do I know for sure Alivia's going to get the money and not someone else,"

Wow, really? Alivia was there, they could have handed it to her themselves.

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Wow, really? Alivia was there, they could have handed it to her themselves.

He also wasn't sure he wanted to give $20 for cheap, tap beer. A friend told me about this. If he had said that to me, I would have literally thrown him out of the bar.

#260 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He also wasn't sure he wanted to give $20 for cheap, tap beer. A friend told me about this. If he had said that to me, I would have literally thrown him out of the bar.

The event wasn't put together to give people a deal on beer. Unfortunate that they missed the point of the event completely.

#261 8 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

The event wasn't put together to give people a deal on beer. Unfortunate that they missed the point of the event completely.

Exactly, John. Some will never understand. You, on the other hand, get it!! Thank you very much the all the items you provided for the event. It was VERY much appreciated.

#262 8 years ago

Cool...Jack made the trip! Class act!

#263 8 years ago

[REPOSTED FROM MY POST ON FACEBOOK]

The Birdsley Family would like to thank everyone that had any involvement in the Beer Bash Benefit at Alary's. Thanks go to the organizers, Alary's Bar, volunteers, those that brought games, those that donated auction items, those that bid on items (and wow what a silent auction huh??), and to everyone that took time out of their busy lives to share an amazing day with us. It was truly just that... an amazing day and a ton of fun.

We love you all. Vince, Jill, Grace and Alivia

#264 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Exactly, John. Some will never understand.

Some people are totally incapable of altruism, generosity or honesty. So incapable they cannot believe people showing generosity are for real; rather thinking it's a scam or that they have a hidden agenda. Sad, really, but not much you can do about it. Put them on ignore...

PS: wish I were here. I'm a cheap tap beer whore

#265 8 years ago

Had a GREAT TIME! I bought several things at auction. Thank you guys for putting it on!IMG_0312.jpgIMG_0312.jpg

#266 8 years ago

Left to Right:
    Tony, Brian, Jesse, Alivia, Ryan, Jason, Kris, Vince, and John.

#267 8 years ago

And to the asshole who stole my Glen Perkins signed baseball, I'm happy I could buy it for you.

#268 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And to the asshole who stole my Glen Perkins signed baseball, I'm happy I could buy it for you.

That sucks man. I hope it wasn't a pinhead.

#269 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

For real ?!?! WTF !!!

#270 8 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

For real ?!?! WTF !!!

It's my own damn fault, Jason. Brian warned me about theft at these types of things. I should have put it safely in the car. Funny part is, I'm the one who provided the ball. lol

No worries. It went to a good cause.

#271 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That is terrible. Especially after all your work setting up this event.

Sorry Bryan.

LTG : (

#272 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is terrible. Especially after all your work setting up this event.
    Sorry Bryan.
    LTG : (

It's all good, Lloyd. I was just Emailing with a friend and we both agreed, while the money will come in handy for Vince and his family, it's the benefit and the day they will never forget.

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

People who steal items or money from events such as this, and for causes like this, are absolute scumbags. Karma is a bitch, and she will get them.

I have been extraordinarily busy and not able to log on for a while, but I am happy to see the event went well...and that pic above with Alivia happy and everyone standing on the pins around her is awesome!!! Great job Bryan and everyone else that helped with organizing this. I wish I could've made it out.

#274 8 years ago

I stopped in for a bit near the end of the silent auction. I didn't have much time. Wish I could have stayed longer to meet some people. I played several of the machines. You guys did a great job setting everything up and organizing it!

3 weeks later
    #275 8 years ago

I would like to take a moment to thank my friend Bryan Kelly for his initial post about Alivia. It not only allowed me to finally meet Vince and his family in person, but also some other great people in Minnesota. It was great to see the girls at Resurrection reach out and extend their love for another. And it was wonderful to have the Birdsley Family visit the school and spend the day with them, it will not be forgotten anytime soon. I want to share this picture of them along with the Resurrection Bandit mascot that was taken shortly after they arrived.

Brad

Birdsley_Family.jpgBirdsley_Family.jpg

#276 8 years ago

What did the Pepsi Perfext go for? Happy to contribute to this great cause!

#277 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

What did the Pepsi Perfext go for? Happy to contribute to this great cause!

I want to say $180, but don't quote me on that... We were involved in some bidding.

Brad

#278 8 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I would like to take a moment to thank my friend Bryan Kelly for his initial post about Alivia. It not only allowed me to finally meet Vince and his family in person, but also some other great people in Minnesota. It was great to see the girls at Resurrection reach out and extend their love for another. And it was wonderful to have the Birdsley Family visit the school and spend the day with them, it will not be forgotten anytime soon. I want to share this picture of them along with the Resurrection Bandit mascot that was taken shortly after they arrived.
    Brad
    Birdsley_Family.jpg

Very happy looking bunch, good to see. Is she still doing good?

4 weeks later
    #279 8 years ago

Best news of the holiday season, from the Team Alivia Facebook page:

TWO WORDS: Cancer Free.
    That is the amazing news we received today after Liv's full body PET scan! No spots found, anywhere. Obviously the surgeons did an amazing job removing her tumor back in Sept. All the love, support and prayers had something to do with it too no doubt. We are so thankful! It doesn't mean she's in the clear, as there is always that chance (her type of tumor has a fairly decent size recurrence rate), but we're looking at this from the positive. No cancer now. No surgeries or treatments. Next doctor appointment in 6 months. Time to celebrate. smile emoticon

#280 8 years ago

awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#282 8 years ago

That a girl! We were rooting for you. Glad to hear the good news.

#283 8 years ago

Best news I've heard in a while. So glad to hear this!!

#284 8 years ago

Woooo hoooo!!!!!

#286 8 years ago

I always say a prayer for her most every morning so I'm glad to hear the news.

#287 8 years ago

Absolutely great news...that girl is a fighter. Wishing Liv, Vince and their entire family a prosperous and wonderful New Year. Take a much deserved vacation (if you haven't already). Best wishes.

There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-parents-worst-nightmarewe-could-use-your-help/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.