(Topic ID: 138913)

A parent's worst nightmare....we could use your help.

By Bryan_Kelly

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 287 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Birdsley_Family.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    image.jpg
    17132.jpg
    17131.jpg
    17130.jpeg
    100_3452.jpg
    100_3454.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    AliviaPinballPoster.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMAG4133.jpg
    IMAG4132.jpg
    unnamed_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    alivia.jpg

There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 8 years ago

12019965_1020115478020656_5002250533933746465_n.jpg12019965_1020115478020656_5002250533933746465_n.jpg

Alivia Birdsley is the 11 year old daughter of Vince Birdsley (pinmanv on Pinside), one of my oldest and best pinball buddies. Just last week, doctors found a grapefruit sized cancerous tumor in her abdomen. Alivia will soon have surgery and start chemotherapy sessions. Rather than start school, like all the other kids her age, she gets to deal with this.

This shit isn't supposed to happen to kids!!

If you'd like more info on how Alivia is doing as she fights this, you can follow her on Facebook. Please like and share with all your friends. https://www.facebook.com/TeamAlivia

You can also follow her progress on Caring Bridge. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/aliviabirdsley

Alivia's battle won't be easy and as a parent and grandparent myself, I can't even begin to imagine. I tear up just thinking about it. Not only will this be an emotional drain on the family, but it will also be a drain financially. Anyone willing to help out can go to Alivia's GoFundMe page. As always, any amount you can give will mean the world to the Birdsley family.

http://www.gofundme.com/aliviabirdsley

If you'd like to send a card or some small gift (what 11 year old doesn't like to get mail), you can send it to:

Alivia Birdsley
    2934 Bobcat Trail NW
    Prior Lake MN 55372

--------------SAVE THE DATE--------------

Sunday, November 8th

Our good friend Brian Millard is spearheading a BBB (Beer Bash Benefit) at Alarys Bar in downtown St. Paul. We still have a few details to work out before the full announcement, but for a small donation at the door, you'll get all the beer you can drink, pinball machines set up for play ($1.00 a play, all proceeds go to Alivia), for you football fans, we'll have the Vikings on all the big screens, possibly a one ball tournament on one of the pins (for a prize, of course) and we plan on having a huge silent auction. We've already got items ready for auction and they may even include a pinball machine or two. Might even have a surprise guest or two.

For those unable to make the event, I've got some special items I'll be putting up on Ebay with all proceeds going to Alivia.

We could use a few more silent auction items. If you, or anyone you know, would like to donate please PM me and we can work out the details. If anyone has any other ideas as to how we can help out the Birdsley family, do not hesitate to let me know.

Anyone wanting to donate items can simply send them to me and I'll make sure they get included. Please include your actual name and also your Pinside handle. If you'd like it to be anonymous, I can do that too. Please send to:

Bryan Kelly
    18890 Elgin Ave
    Farmington MN 55024

If you have kids, give them a huge hug when you get home and tell them how much you love them. Tomorrow is promised to no one. Make sure you do it today!

#2 8 years ago

Thoughts and prayers for Alivia and her family!

#3 8 years ago

Donated. F**ck cancer!

#4 8 years ago

Kayte and I are coming to MN on November 8th... and we're bringing a bunch of stuff to auction off. I'll see Rob Zombie in a few weeks and we're going to ask him to sign some one of a kind & prototype items.

It's pretty impossible to NOT like Vince and his family... no parent should have to deal with this crap. Kick it's ass Alivia!

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for posting BK and for all you are doing to support her. I now follow the page you set up on facebook so we can see her progress and help out as we can. I am the father of four children including a 17 year old daughter. They have all been blessed with good health so I love to help out others because you never know when you will be the one needing help! Rock on Alivia! Faith is real and many pray for you!

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Kayte and I are coming to MN on November 8th... and we're bringing a bunch of stuff to auction off. I'll see Rob Zombie in a few weeks and we're going to ask him to sign some one of a kind & prototype items.
    It's pretty impossible to NOT like Vince and his family... no parent should have to deal with this crap. Kick it's ass Alivia!

SHIT!!! Now I have to clean the spare bedroom.

WTF Bring Rob with. I'll clean the other spare bedroom too.

#7 8 years ago

Heartbreaking this brave little girl will be in my prayers

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

SHIT!!! Now I have to clean the spare bedroom.

Lol... like there's ever been a dirty room in your house. But yeah, we'll be staying at casa de' Kelly on the 7th... maybe to the 9th if this fundraiser gets outta hand.

#9 8 years ago

Alright guys, I am going to put together some gift baskets for THE WIVES!!! HINT HINT!! Bring her with or bid on the baskets yourself for a lovely treat for your lovely lady, or put it aside for a Christmas present!

#10 8 years ago

I'll see Rob Zombie in a few weeks and we're going to ask him to sign some one of a kind & prototype items.

You bet I am going to bid on these items!

#11 8 years ago

We just had a local op offer up his move truck for the BBB weekend. Kick ass!!

Remember, you can help without opening up your wallet. All you have to do is put a little thought into it.

#12 8 years ago

Good on ya Bryan. Good luck, and prayers to Alivia and family.

#13 8 years ago

Best wishes to Alivia and Vince's family.

#14 8 years ago

I will send a card and a gift and all my hopes that she get well soon and get on with her life. I know what it feels like to have something life threatening happen to your baby. Mine was diagnosed with diabetes at 8 months. You would take a bullet to make them well again. Your a good man Brian.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I will send a card and a gift and all my hopes that she get well soon and get on with her life. I know what it feels like to have something life threatening happen to your baby. Mine was diagnosed with diabetes at 8 months. You would take a bullet to make them well again. Your a good man Brian.

Thank you, James!!! Imagine the look on Alivia's face if everyday she got a shit ton of mail. All it would take is every Pinsider to send just one card. I'll bet she'd love something from overseas.

Come on, guys. Help put a smile on a little girl's face!!

#16 8 years ago

Speaking of for the ladies, I'll make up a set of the pinball jewelry that I make and donate it. It may be a few weeks before I can get to it because I'll have to custom make a necklace and ring to match, but I'll make sure it will be there in time for the auction.

I'm at work and don't have pics but here's what I'm talking about:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/237921471/arcade-bracelet-with-pop-bumpers-coin?ref=shop_home_active_9

https://www.etsy.com/listing/240264582/pinball-earrings-with-pop-bumpers-in?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pinball earring&ref=sr_gallery_1

#17 8 years ago

Contact the Tyler Robinson Foundation by the band Imagine Dragons. They are unbelievable and have helped one of our best friend's daughter numerous times.

http://trf.org

Imagine Dragons are great people.

#18 8 years ago

Just donated Bryan. I hate seeing shit like this and could not even imagine what the family is going through.

We will also send her a card this weekend.

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#19 8 years ago

sorry to read this. Fuck cancer.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Speaking of for the ladies, I'll make up a set of the pinball jewelry that I make and donate it. It may be a few weeks before I can get to it because I'll have to custom make a necklace and ring to match, but I'll make sure it will be there in time for the auction.
    I'm at work and don't have pics but here's what I'm talking about:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/237921471/arcade-bracelet-with-pop-bumpers-coin?ref=shop_home_active_9
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/240264582/pinball-earrings-with-pop-bumpers-in?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pinball earring&ref=sr_gallery_1

LOL That stuff is a HOOT, Blondetall. Thank you!!! The event is still 7 weeks away so I'd say we've got time.

Let me just put this out there. Anyone wanting to donate items can simply send them to me and I'll make sure they get included. Please include your actual name and also your Pinside handle. If you'd like it to be anonymous, I can do that too. Please send to:

Bryan Kelly
    18890 Elgin Ave
    Farmington MN 55024

#22 8 years ago

We'll be at Terry's open house Friday, and Expo Saturday with a trailer... anyone wants to donate anything we'll be happy to haul it... big or small. Whatever, we'll be happy to help.

#23 8 years ago

We'll be at Terry's open house Friday, and Expo Saturday with a trailer... anyone wants to donate anything we'll be happy to haul it... big or small. Whatever, we'll be happy to help.

Got a donated game in Middleton WI that needs to be picked up. I think Crazy J may be taking a trailer too.

#24 8 years ago

let me know on that one, i can probably arrange to pick it up and at least bring it to terry's if not all the way to MN.

#25 8 years ago

It is awesome that so many people will jump to help someone they have never met.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from jchiu:

Contact the Tyler Robinson Foundation by the band Imagine Dragons. They are unbelievable and have helped one of our best friend's daughter numerous times.
    http://trf.org
    Imagine Dragons are great people.

We checked and it doesn't look like they support Children's Hospital here in Minnesota. But, thank you for the information. Looks like they do some absolutely amazing work.

Brian

#27 8 years ago

I'd donate a Sunday at my business. Noon to 10pm. You guys charge at the door and all the pins and pool on free play. All you raise goes to Alivia.

Maybe in October or November.

LTG : )

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'd donate a Sunday at my business. Noon to 10pm. You guys charge at the door and all the pins and pool on free play. All you raise goes to Alivia.
    Maybe in October or November.

You're too kind, Lloyd. I'll see if we can't make something work.

Thank you!!

#29 8 years ago

Good man Bryan Kelly

#30 8 years ago

Bryan, Not sure if you are wanting to, but if you can maybe get Lloyd to go along, I am willing to bring up a megatouch game to Expo, and maybe you can have Lloyd auction it off at his show and 100% of the proceeds go to your friends. Let me know and if so ill get one together

Troy

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'll see if we can't make something work.

I hope so. I did forget my party is on the 10th & 11th of October and Expo the next week. So any weekend after the Expo week would probably be best. No reason it couldn't be in December either. Avoiding November and December holidays.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

but if you can maybe get Lloyd to go along,

I'd go along.

I can't imagine having a child and the family going through this. I'd do anything I can.

#33 8 years ago

I can not imagine a better cause than this. I am beating cancer daily and she will too.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I hope so. I did forget my party is on the 10th & 11th of October and Expo the next week. So any weekend after the Expo week would probably be best. No reason it couldn't be in December either. Avoiding November and December holidays.

I think what Troy meant was, he'd bring the megatouch to Expo and you could auction it at your Expo show. I could be wrong, though.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I think what Troy meant was, he'd bring the megatouch to Expo and you could auction it at your Expo show. I could be wrong, though.

You confused the old man, Lloyd. Now, look what ya did!!

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

My whole fucking life has turned to confusion. You better have some of my beer left when I stop over or I'm going to pee in your laundry tub.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

I'm sorry. I typed slow ?

Disclaimer : Troy's deal will be at my LTG Show at Expo. The Sunday benefit will be at my business.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. I typed slow ?
    Disclaimer : Troy's deal will be at my LTG Show at Expo. The Sunday benefit will be at my business.

Fuck it!! I'm peeing in Brian's laundry tub anyway.

#39 8 years ago

Bryan,
    your right, Ill bring the game to expo and do it there. This way you can reach some other people for raising money since most people are smart enough to stay out of minnesota.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Bryan,
    your right, Ill bring the game to expo and do it there. This way you can reach some other people for raising money since most people are smart enough to stay out of minnesota.

You so suck, Troy. But we love you anyway.

#41 8 years ago

I have a lot of arcade games I am selling, not a list titles by any means, but if someone can pick up, I would donate one to a great cause. (I recently lost my son from trisomy 13 and was stillborn with defects, so I feel for this cause)

#42 8 years ago

Donation made, Best of Luck!

#43 8 years ago

I just wanted to pop on here since I got a text about it from Bryan/Brian. I'm just blown away by all the support from these guys, Love them all like brothers. Ryan, Jesse, Matt, Jason, Charlie, LTG, EVERYONE... there aren't enough thanks to go around! And, the pinball community in general.... just blown away how you all treat your own. I never dreamed one my babies would have to deal with such a thing at such a young age. I thank each and every one of you that reads our story and supports our fight. Support anyone you know that has cancer, give them a hug, send them an email, buy them a meal... whatever will lift their spirits and give them hope, and allows them to take their mind off things for even just a few minutes will be worth your time.

Alivia is doing well today -- she will have surgery on the 28th. We will then know more as right now, the tumor is just too large to really tell what all its attached too. Her treatment plan will also be more defined after the 28th. It will be a fight, but she will come out of this having kicked cancer's ass there is no doubt at all about that. The suggestion to send her a card or a note is absolutely spot on -- she loves mail and every time she gets something this past week you can see it physically change her for short time! She's still losing weight, down to 82 lbs now, and anything that lifts her spirits right now is more important than any monetary gift or anything else.

As I said, send a message to a loved one with cancer, make a donation to Children's cancer research (this is Child Cancer Awareness month actually), or just hug your kids tonight... do something to lift someone up and at the same time lift yourself up. I can tell you first hand, it works.

Thank you all. Vince

#44 8 years ago

Happy to help. Donation sent and campaign posted on Facebook.

#46 8 years ago

My thoughts are with pinmanv and Alivia.

#47 8 years ago

My heart goes out to you, will be thinking positive thoughts for you and your family.
    Hugging my kids when I get home.

#48 8 years ago

My 11 yr old daughter will be sending yours some mail. She will beat this.
    Not really a prayer guy but will say some for her.
    I don't know Bryan, other than his Pinside persona, but he sure has a big heart, and seems like a great friend.
    God bless that little girl.

#49 8 years ago

Got home and started looking through my inventory. I've got enough to send a set for the raffle, and sending two more straight to her. I'll put them in the mail for tomorrow.

I'm not exactly sure what 11 year old girls like, but hopefully she'll like these Crown of Thorns flowers and a Mockingjay.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#50 8 years ago

Can I buy some of that jewelry?

There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-parents-worst-nightmarewe-could-use-your-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.