Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 5.33.24 PM (resized).png
IMG_3537 (resized).JPG
IMG_3535 (resized).JPG
IMG_3531 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).JPG
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

So yet another question to further solidify my standing as a novice. Decided to clean up the RBG today and pulled the flipper buttons. Both looked to be caked with crud.
Cleaned the left side and saw a small screw and, what do I know must be normal. Pulled the right side and no screw. So I'm thinking for what ever reason somebody added the screw. Probably to hold it together.
The left side has never had as much "humph" as the right side. With the screw it is a little bit longer than the right, and I'm thinking that's the reason. So now that I've properly embarrassed myself, what say you?

IMG_3530 (resized).JPGIMG_3530 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

It is not supposed to have a screw. The flipper switch might not be adjusted properly and the "fix" was to lengthen the button in order to reach it.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It is not supposed to have a screw. The flipper switch might not be adjusted properly and the "fix" was to lengthen the button in order to reach it.

Makes sense, so How do I adjust the flipper switch? if that's the case. Suppose I could look at the other side and see how it's set up. I need a fix it manual.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Tropicalcats:

So yet another question to further solidify my standing as a novice. Decided to clean up the RBG today and pulled the flipper buttons. Both looked to be caked with crud.
Cleaned the left side and saw a small screw and, what do I know must be normal. Pulled the right side and no screw. So I'm thinking for what ever reason somebody added the screw. Probably to hold it together.
The left side has never had as much "humph" as the right side. With the screw it is a little bit longer than the right, and I'm thinking that's the reason. So now that I've properly embarrassed myself, what say you?

Now you have a pic to post on the the worst pinball hacks thred.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Assuming that it is the correct switch in the first place:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

How can I check that it's the right switch?

Quoted from crlush:

Now you have a pic to post on the the worst pinball hacks thred.

Posted up ! Hope I don't have to many more to post in the worst pinball hacks.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Tropicalcats:

How can I check that it's the right switch?

It's usually noted in the cabinet parts list or drawing in the manual.

Post some photos of the switches and the name of your game and someone would probably be able to tell.

#8 7 years ago

Not able to find what kind of switch this is can anybody ID
Switch is on a flipper for a RiverBoat Gsmbler

IMG_3532 (resized).JPGIMG_3532 (resized).JPG

IMG_3533 (resized).JPGIMG_3533 (resized).JPG

IMG_3531 (resized).JPGIMG_3531 (resized).JPG

IMG_3535 (resized).JPGIMG_3535 (resized).JPG

IMG_3537 (resized).JPGIMG_3537 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

From the online parts book, page 157:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Red_16-9190-B/index.html#/157/zoomed

buttons: B-12273-6 (x2)
switches: SW-10A-48 and SW-1010A-13

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 5.33.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-26 at 5.33.24 PM (resized).png

#10 7 years ago

I would replace that switch altogether. Very rusted and just looks like trouble.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Red_16-9190-B/index.html#/157/zoomed

That's perfect
Thanks to al of you. The parts book is exactly what I was looking for.

Quoted from DocRotCod:

I would replace that switch altogether. Very rusted and just looks like trouble.

Gonna take you advice and switch the switches out.

#12 7 years ago

Those contacts have been filed to death! They need to be replaced, also there are nuts under the screw heads as spacers that shouldn't be there. Look at the start button for an example of how it should be, if the screws are to long you add a fiber spacer to the stack and if the switch is to far from the button you move a fiber spacer from cabinet side to the screw head side of the switch. Always replace both left and right switches at the same time.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

So according to the chart it looks like each flipper side gets a SW 10A 48 and a SW 1010A 13 switch? Is that right?
A single and a double contact switch?

#14 7 years ago

Buy one for of these switches for the right side.

Williams/Bally Flipper Leaf Switch - Double Contact
Price: $8.95
Product ID : pbl_SW-1010A-13

Buy one of these switches for the left side.

Williams/Bally Flipper Leaf Switch - Single Contact Price: $4.95
Product ID : pbl_SW-10A-48

#15 7 years ago

Tighten the flipper contact stack, replace the flipper buttons, and crank the pal nut clockwise with a set of bent needle nose pliers to get a snug fit.

#16 7 years ago

Thanks I appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 50.00
$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-novice-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.